AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

10 hours ago, Kris9 said:

If these questions are representative of the questions that will be on the test....well....they could not have made it any easier for people to pass. I'm shocked at how easy it is, actually.

Wow.

On 29/02/2020 at 15:22, samlab said:

That’s good news. I hope so.
We applied mid December and still no invite yet.

Were on The Sunshine Coast 

Hey mate.... Im also on the Sunny Coast.

Me and my partner applied in April/2019 and we haven't received anything yet. =(

Hi experts,

I have a query, just passed  my Citizenship Test today, so what is next ? Do I get an approval via post ? or any status will be updated in my immi account? Appreciate your valuable comments 

Below is my Time line

Applied Citizenship  10.11.2019

Invitation                    30.01.2020

Test Date                    03.03.2020

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

Cheers!!!

Ravi 

2 hours ago, GUS said:

Hey mate.... Im also on the Sunny Coast.

Me and my partner applied in April/2019 and we haven't received anything yet. =(

You applied in April '19 and till now no update? Did you raise the FOI to get any details?

8 minutes ago, Ravi2019 said:

Hi experts,

I have a query, just passed  my Citizenship Test today, so what is next ? Do I get an approval via post ? or any status will be updated in my immi account? Appreciate your valuable comments 

Below is my Time line

Cheers!!!

Ravi 

Usually you will see in your immi account status.It will be received to approved and also immigration minister will send out a letter stating your citizenship has been approved. BTW which city council you are in?

Edited by KazBaker

8 minutes ago, Ravi2019 said:

Hi experts,

Below is my Time line

Cheers!!!

Ravi 

You got to wait for the Approval which may take few hours or sometimes few days/weeks/months. Once you get the approval you basically got to wait for the Invitation Letter for the Ceremony, which you'll receive through AUS Post. Which Council did you apply from?

Its Manningham City Council 

Council                      Manningham City Council

Ceremony :              Waiting 

Cheers!!!

Ravi 

Hi experts,

Wow!!! Its Approved Status Changed now 

Below is my Timeline

Approval                    Approved

Cheers!!!

Ravi 

11 minutes ago, Lasanga Herath said:

Home affairs updated the citizenship processing timeline, it's now taking 6 months from Approval to Processing (Which earlier was 5 Months) .

image.png.8e0fe589ce5d6f18d2b0c56d1dba2cb3.png

it's getting longer again 😞

I think NSW has the longest processing times between all states, I've just received an email with further document requests on my application and they are processing my application in Queensland rural office which is awkward because I'm in rural NSW.

Edited by Mazen

3 hours ago, Kris9 said:

You applied in April '19 and till now no update? Did you raise the FOI to get any details?

Yes, I sent the FOI request to the Department of Home Affairs on the 12/02 and received the acknowledgment email just last week on the 26/02.

1 hour ago, GUS said:

Yes, I sent the FOI request to the Department of Home Affairs on the 12/02 and received the acknowledgment email just last week on the 26/02.

Thanks for the update GUS. Do you mean they have given you the reason as to why your application is delayed so far? Or maybe you now have the status of different stages like Biometrics, Character Assessment, Health Asssessment etc.? Or do you mean you've just received the acknowledgement and the FOI hasn't arrived yet?

Wish you luck as I know its been more than 10 months for you now.

17 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Thanks for the update GUS. Do you mean they have given you the reason as to why your application is delayed so far? Or maybe you now have the status of different stages like Biometrics, Character Assessment, Health Asssessment etc.? Or do you mean you've just received the acknowledgement and the FOI hasn't arrived yet?

Wish you luck as I know its been more than 10 months for you now.

Hey mate! No they haven't updated me of anything as yet. All I received was the acknowledgment email last week.

Hopefully I will hear from them anytime soon.

Thanks man! Wish you luck too!

19 hours ago, Mazen said:

it's getting longer again 😞

I think NSW has the longest processing times between all states, I've just received an email with further document requests on my application and they are processing my application in Queensland rural office which is awkward because I'm in rural NSW.

Quite possibly the reason maybe now they are clearing the backlog from 250,000+ to 125,000 and people are getting approved faster. That eventually affect building backlog in ceremony invitations (as each ceremony have a limitation of 100 or so).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUS said:

Hey mate! No they haven't updated me of anything as yet. All I received was the acknowledgment email last week.

Hopefully I will hear from them anytime soon.

Thanks man! Wish you luck too!

This is really strange. NSW being the highest in applicants, is already clearing Sep/Oct '19 test invitations. I was hoping that QLD should be much ahead of other states (except VIC). Lets hope and see what they respond to your FOI. Gold Coast and Brisbane are now sending Jan '20 invitations. I see not much difference for Sunshine Coast though.