AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

22 hours ago, Domm said:

Congrats. How come you applied for citizenship without being one year on PR?

ha. that's easy. i think you got confused with the year. Got my PR in 2017 and applied citizenship in 2019 (fulfilled the 4 years requirement as well). Hope that clears the confusion.

PR applied : 23/7/2017

PR Granted on 21/10/2017

citizenship applied: 08/08/2019

Exam date: 20/02/2020

Citizenship Approved 21/02/2020

Ceremony date received: (due)

Ceremony (due)

Dandenong city council, Victoria

18 hours ago, rammygirl said:

No , sorry it was Hesh who pm’d me with a similar question. 

12 hours ago, August 2016 said:

Citizenship application: 05/12/2019

Test invitation: 31/12/2019

Test date: 20/2/2020

Approvel: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Townsville QLD

Did you apply by yourself?

4 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Hi August 2016,

Firstly, congrats on getting the test invite so soon(very impressive timeline so far). I assume you passed the test and approval should be around the corner.

May I ask you how you were invited for the test? Did you receive a letter in your postbox or an email or a message in your immi account or a call/sms or a combination of these? It would be very helpful if you can guide me in this regard. I'm from Mackay QLD and I'm still clueless as to where to search for the invite. I haven't got one so far.

Also, is Townsville a DOHA or DHS office?

Thanks, I got invitation letter in my e-mail and also in immi account. passed the test with 100%. I think townsville is DOHA. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, August 2016 said:

Thanks, I got invitation letter in my e-mail and also in immi account. passed the test with 100%. I think townsville is DOHA. 

Thanks, just to confirm you got an email and a message in your immi account but no letter in your mailbox and no call/SMS, correct?

Do you mind posting the 'From' email address and the subject of the email and the subject of the message in your immi account? Thanks!

I just checked and Townsville seems to be DHS..please correct me if I'm wrong.

35 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Thanks, just to confirm you got an email and a message in your immi account but no letter in your mailbox and no call/SMS, correct?

Do you mind posting the 'From' email address and the subject of the email and the subject of the message in your immi account? Thanks!

I just checked and Townsville seems to be DHS..please correct me if I'm wrong.

No call, sms or post. The subject of the email and immi account is (citizenship invitation letter) same in both. The email I received from noreply@.

• Thanks 1

On 22/02/2020 at 16:15, Wannabepilot said:

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of people mentioning the Acknowledgement email, and I was wondering what that email actually said? Simply that they have received the application? or a little more?

I applied for citizenship on the 12th of February 2020 (impatient, I know!) and it only said that it was submitted. I'm sure this is normal but just wanted a little clarification if anyone had any. I'm in Brisbane and going by what people say, it's a very long processing time here.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I guess by that they mean the email from

auto-letter-generator@homeaffairs.gov.au- its just an Acknowledgement saying your application is submitted - it comes with a PDF mentioning the Transaction reference number for tracking your application with DHA 

Regards
Nishant
  • Like 1

On 16/02/2020 at 01:21, Rockshanks said:

Hi Guys 

Apparently had a long chat with the department about the wait time when I actually asked to open my file for address change For same council with in the processing time . And I learnt my invitation came 3 days after that .. so I don’t know it was luck or the  Differ in system processing .

Hi Rockshanks

i just wanted to know that when you had conversation with immi. Did they put note on your application as quick as possible for ceremony?

i am asking this bcoz today i have ring to immi and ask them please do something for ceremony i cant wait for too long. And on the other side he put note on my application for quick ceremony.

what’s your opinion?

thanks

Hi,

I attended and passed the Test today,  does anybody  know how long it will take to change the Status from Received to Approval in immi? thanks.

Citizenship Application: 30/04/2019

Invitation and Test: 25/02/2020 

Approval: Waiting

Ceremony: Waiting

Town of Sydney Council, Sydney, NSW

Regards

ming

Hi,
I attended and passed the Test today,  does anybody  know how long it will take to change the Status from Received to Approval in immi? thanks.
Citizenship Application: 30/04/2019

Invitation and Test: 25/02/2020 

Approval: Waiting

Ceremony: Waiting

Town of Sydney Council, Sydney, NSW

Regards

ming

I don’t know that there is a typical number of days. My OH took their test, passed and Immi was updated to approved the same day. Mine took 4 months.

On 22/02/2020 at 16:15, Wannabepilot said:

I applied for citizenship on the 12th of February 2020 (impatient, I know!) and it only said that it was submitted. I'm sure this is normal but just wanted a little clarification if anyone had any. I'm in Brisbane and going by what people say, it's a very long processing time here.

Hi Greg,

Am from Brisbane as well and I applied on 7th Feb 2020. Trying to follow the posts and waiting for the Test Invite. Just anxious 😉

• Like 1

Hi all,

Finally I just got invitation letter to the ceremony. Below is my final timeline:

date of application: 24/02/2019

date of test email: 12/11/2019

initial test date: 16/12/2019

rescheduled test date:13/11/2019

date of approval: 13/11/2019 

Date of ceremony: 24/03/2020

My local council is Cumberland (NSW), but in the letter, it says due to high demand for ceremony in my local council, I was put in another council (Blacktown-NSW).

Good luck to everyone 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

I thought I'd share my timeline here.

Citizenship App: 17/08/2019 (wife) & 20/08/2019 (myself)
Test Invitation: 25/02/2020
Test Date: Parramatta Office; Initial 27/04/2020 (wife) & 28/04/2020 (myself) ; rescheduled - 19/03/2020 (wife) & TBC (myself)
Approval: TBA
Ceremony: TBA
Council: Ryde, NSW

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gwheng said:

hey Guys,

thought to share with you, i've just received an email from the dept to advise my interview date has been booked on 22th April. 

I applied in 31th December 2019.

but i'm bit confuse, is interview basically the test of citizenship? 

Congratulations! Yes its test and interview happen at the same time.

Please update your timeline in the signature.