AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

7 minutes ago, GUS said:

Hi Indianinoz,

Have just included my signature with timeline.

I applied for citizenship in April last year and it is quite disappointing that I haven't received anything back from them yet.

@GUS Unfortunately, this is something we'll all need to deal with and the only thing for sure, is that the timelines seem to be "consistently inconsistent".

However, you are still within the timelines and all you can do is wait I'm afraid. 

image.thumb.png.cccfcd91a01aa243ccc7e4a8aa519e8c.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GUS said:

Hi Indianinoz,

I applied for citizenship in April last year and it is quite disappointing that I haven't received anything back from them yet.

I'd be interested as to when you receive the FOI reply and what is in the reply. There is also an MP in Canberra which deals with delays in citizenship. Please search about 2 months back in this thread. I think his name is MP Greg Hunt but not sure. You can contact him instead of contacting your local MP.

26 minutes ago, GUS said:

Hi Indianinoz,

Did you call up and check if you haven't been sent any invite? Chances are you may have missed an email. Not all people are informed through immi account.

3 hours ago, Jimmy P said:

Final entry on this thread from me:

Applied: June 2018

Interview and test: September 2019

Ceremony: 26 January 2020

Passport applied for 8th February 2020 (regular service, not priority)

Passport received 18th February 2020

Thank you so much for your generosity leaving the valuable information for us. At least it increases my knowledge on applying for australian passport timeline.

Once again thank you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GUS said:

Hi Indianinoz,

Hi ,I applied in April 2018,got approved on sep 2019 and still waiting for Ceremony invite from Melbourne city council. 

21 hours ago, GUS said:

Hi Indianinoz,

Hi there,

So sorry too hear about your situation. 

I applied for my citizenship in January 2019 when I was 17 and my application was approved in November 2019. I'm still waiting for my ceremony.

My father applied for his citizenship at the end of November/ start of December 2019. Got an invitation to interview and sit the test in December. He sat his test in January 2020 and he was approved the same day. Now he's waiting for his ceremony. 

20 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Did you call up and check if you haven't been sent any invite? Chances are you may have missed an email. Not all people are informed through immi account.

Yes, I called them a couple of months ago and the lady I spoke with told me that if they had sent me an email, it would also be under the messages tab at immi account.

I will see if I can find about this MP in Canberra that deals with delayed applications.

Thank you mate!

4 minutes ago, panashes said:

Hi there,

So sorry too hear about your situation. 

I applied for my citizenship in January 2019 when I was 17 and my application was approved in November 2019. I'm still waiting for my ceremony.

My father applied for his citizenship at the end of November/ start of December 2019. Got an invitation to interview and sit the test in December. He sat his test in January 2020 and he was approved the same day. Now he's waiting for his ceremony. 

It seems that most of the applications made on the second semester of last year were processed faster than the ones made at the first semester of 2019.

All we can do is wait =/ 

2 hours ago, Mush said:

Hi everyone 

I am applying for Australian citizenship.Do my spouse and 16months old baby need to apply separately or we can apply together.

Please let me know 

Yes your spouse needs to apply separately and if you are primary applicant you can include your baby in your application. You can use same immi account applying two different application. i had same situation when i applied citizenship and all went good and approved with no drama.

Edited by KazBaker

3 hours ago, GUS said:

Yes, I called them a couple of months ago and the lady I spoke with told me that if they had sent me an email, it would also be under the messages tab at immi account.

I will see if I can find about this MP in Canberra that deals with delayed applications.

Thank you mate!

I heard the same from a lady that I spoke with. But there are people who have got invitation but not message at their immi account. This is where it gets scary.

2 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Yes your spouse needs to apply separately and if you are primary applicant you can include your baby in your application. You can use same immi account applying two different application. i had same situation when i applied citizenship and all went good and approved with no drama.

Hi Kaz

Thanks for the information... really appreciated 

• Thanks 1

Update from me and some information others might find helpful.

Had my citizenship ceremony yesterday. 3.30pm I became Australian 😁

I’d previously posted 2 questions. 
1. I’d lost my invitation letters (!) - I can confirm that these are NOT needed. I phoned to check but also took the email I’d received. When we got there, I had the email in my hand but I just gave them my name and driving licence and they gave me the paperwork to go in. They didn’t ask at all about the letter. They only need to confirm your ID on your driving licence. (Note: my 15 year old daughter came and technically she didn’t need to provide ID however because she looks a lot older than she is, they asked her for it. I’d already made sure she had her student ID on her. They wanted to check to see if she was over 16 so they would give her a voting form to fill out)

2. I’d also posted that I need to travel urgently for business next week and wanted my passport quickly. Immigration said I had to wait 10 days before applying. - WRONG. I filled out the application online last week. Got everything ready but it wouldn’t let me complete the application until I had my citizenship certificate number. I filled that in last night, it couldn’t verify it (understandably because it’d only been about 20 minutes since I’d got it!) but it did ask me to verify it was correct and then complete the application.

Printed the checklist out, took it to the post office this morning at 10am with all original documents asked for and paid for the fastest service ($298 for passport + $214 for express). Got an email at 4.30pm to say it was ready for collection!!!

How good is that! 

24 hours after my ceremony and I have my Australian passport in my hand 😁😁

• Congratulations 5

40 minutes ago, imthedave said:

Update from me and some information others might find helpful.

Had my citizenship ceremony yesterday. 3.30pm I became Australian 😁

I’d previously posted 2 questions. 
1. I’d lost my invitation letters (!) - I can confirm that these are NOT needed. I phoned to check but also took the email I’d received. When we got there, I had the email in my hand but I just gave them my name and driving licence and they gave me the paperwork to go in. They didn’t ask at all about the letter. They only need to confirm your ID on your driving licence. (Note: my 15 year old daughter came and technically she didn’t need to provide ID however because she looks a lot older than she is, they asked her for it. I’d already made sure she had her student ID on her. They wanted to check to see if she was over 16 so they would give her a voting form to fill out)

2. I’d also posted that I need to travel urgently for business next week and wanted my passport quickly. Immigration said I had to wait 10 days before applying. - WRONG. I filled out the application online last week. Got everything ready but it wouldn’t let me complete the application until I had my citizenship certificate number. I filled that in last night, it couldn’t verify it (understandably because it’d only been about 20 minutes since I’d got it!) but it did ask me to verify it was correct and then complete the application.

Printed the checklist out, took it to the post office this morning at 10am with all original documents asked for and paid for the fastest service ($298 for passport + $214 for express). Got an email at 4.30pm to say it was ready for collection!!!

How good is that! 

24 hours after my ceremony and I have my Australian passport in my hand 😁😁

Great mate ! Congratulations ! 

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Much appreciated it. Good luck and be proud as an Australian. Happy for you.

BTW which council and state was it?

Edited by KazBaker

Great mate ! Congratulations ! 
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Much appreciated it. Good luck and be proud as an Australian. Happy for you.
BTW which council and state was it?

Thanks mate!
Yarra Ranges, Vic

I have to say, after the stress over the past couple of years with the 186/187 visa rule changes, I’m not embarrassed to say it was quite emotional yesterday getting the certificate!
  • Congratulations 2

17 hours ago, Domm said:

Application submitted. What do i need to read to prepare for the exam. How can i add timeline.

Our Common Bond. Download if from the immi webpage. Follow the instructions of the actual file and you are good to go. All the best!

17 hours ago, Domm said:

Application submitted. What do i need to read to prepare for the exam. How can i add timeline.

You can download those apps if you use iphone head down to app store. just type australian citizenship test (australian common bond) you will get heaps of list of apps. download which are free.

and to add signature:

Go to Account ->account settings->settings area->signature->type and update.

Edited by KazBaker