AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi guys,

Me and my wife have recently got the test last week(5 Feb). After we finished, 1 hour later I checked my status in immi-account and the status changed to "approved". Also my wife, after a few hours later got "approved". On Tuesday 11 Feb(couple day ago) I received Notification of approval of Australian citizenship letter by mail, but only for me.

My question is, Is it important to received this letter? Any one has status change to approved but not yet receive the approval letter?

Just wondering because we finished on the same day and the letter should have come on the same day. May be different case officer?

Thank you.

Edited by Skizziks

3 hours ago, Sam_mel said:

Hi,

I got approved on 18th oct and i am still waiting for invitation from hume. One of my friend got approved on 29th sep and he got invite for 26th feb.

Hi sam,

i think our council is 1of the slowest in Melbourne. 

Dandenong council is quicker then others. 

I have tried to ring immi couple of  weeks ago. They said you should wait at 6month.

But now im thinking to ring hume council. Let see if they could help me out.

6 minutes ago, Rvee said:

Hi sam,

i think our council is 1of the slowest in Melbourne. 

Dandenong council is quicker then others. 

I have tried to ring immi couple of  weeks ago. They said you should wait at 6month.

But now im thinking to ring hume council. Let see if they could help me out.

Hi Sam 

I Guess you are right . My application was approved on 30 sept and I’m still waiting for ceremony invitation . It’s so frustrating sometimes . 

1 minute ago, Rockshanks said:

Hi Sam 

I Guess you are right . My application was approved on 30 sept and I’m still waiting for ceremony invitation . It’s so frustrating sometimes . 

Hahahahaha Guys you not going to believe this after writing this message I checked my email and I’ve received invitation . So it’s on 17th March at Broadmeadows Town hall . 

• Congratulations 1

34 minutes ago, Rockshanks said:

Hahahahaha Guys you not going to believe this after writing this message I checked my email and I’ve received invitation . So it’s on 17th March at Broadmeadows Town hall . 

Wooow .. 

congratulations..👏👏👏

• Like 1

On 13/02/2020 at 13:05, Rockshanks said:

I do believe that is St Patrick's day, so no excuse not to have a Guinness 

Congrats, you journey is coming to an end. 

Has anyone known of approved applicants waiting for a citizenship ceremony who have moved council areas? 

we just found out we’re not on the March ceremony in our council area. Really annoying timing but we may have to move house before the April one, and there’s a chance we won’t be in the same council area.

i know we’ll need to update DOHA, but I wonder what will happen to our ceremony wait time. After already waiting 4 months it’d be pretty annoying to go back to the start! 

anyone any insight on this situation?

Hi all

We’ve got our ceremony this Wednesday 19th.

I know this because I got an email and we both had individual letters.
I kept the letters safe until I took them to my daughters school to show and ask for her to have the day off. I’ve now gone to look and can’t find them.

I know the date (got the email), know what ID etc to take but I remember the letters specifically saying ‘bring this letter with you’

Of course, I’ve lost them over a weekend so can’t phone immigration to ask but does anyone know if it’s critical I take the printed personalised letters with me?
I’m assuming they would have all my details there anyway.

The email says if we haven’t received a letter before the ceremony date, to phone so they can confirm the dates and times. Therefore, I’d like to assume it won’t cause a problem. There was no unique reference or barcode to gain entry.

I’m going mad here turning the house upside down but can anyone put my mind at rest that they’re not that critical?
Thanks!

Hi all
We’ve got our ceremony this Wednesday 19th.
I know this because I got an email and we both had individual letters.
I kept the letters safe until I took them to my daughters school to show and ask for her to have the day off. I’ve now gone to look and can’t find them.
I know the date (got the email), know what ID etc to take but I remember the letters specifically saying ‘bring this letter with you’
Of course, I’ve lost them over a weekend so can’t phone immigration to ask but does anyone know if it’s critical I take the printed personalised letters with me?
I’m assuming they would have all my details there anyway.

The email says if we haven’t received a letter before the ceremony date, to phone so they can confirm the dates and times. Therefore, I’d like to assume it won’t cause a problem. There was no unique reference or barcode to gain entry.
I’m going mad here turning the house upside down but can anyone put my mind at rest that they’re not that critical?
Thanks!

We were asked for our letters along with our ID when we arrived for our ceremony. Unfortunately I don’t know what would have happened if we hadn’t had them.

Help !

Friends , how can I update the immi about changing the name of my son on birth certificate once citizenship certificate is issued with old name? He was born in Australia and I applied my son’s change of name on birth certificate before receiving his citizenship certificate which is due on 4 March. So I assume we may receive Son’s new (name change) birth certificate just before or around the same time. Can my son get a new citizenship certificate after getting one with old name? What is the process?

please advise.

Hi Guys 

Apparently had a long chat with the department about the wait time when I actually asked to open my file for address change For same council with in the processing time . And I learnt my invitation came 3 days after that .. so I don’t know it was luck or the  Differ in system processing .

On 10/02/2020 at 20:39, Nora said:

Well like you, you cannot say that you don't need it, because in my personal experience that is false; as I did need one valid bc case officer requested one for my child (5yold). If the case officer asks for one...oh well. If he doesn't ask for one, good on ya! 

Next

I have two children, and my wife, due to having no valid overseas passports we did a paper application (faster than some online applications) the CO stated a valid passport was not required, maybe you had insufficient evidence to your child hence they asked you. Passports are not a compulsory required ID for citizenship. 

Hi, 

my daughter turned 16 recently, before I finished the citizenship application. I tried to create an application specifically for her, but immi says that they can’t verify her identity and block the application.

Should 16 year olds still on the application of their parents?

thanks

On 10/01/2020 at 12:51, Braddz1 said:

Hi mate, funny you asked. I just checked my immi account and it’s been approved today. 😜 I have t received an email yet on the details. With 16 days left until Australia Day maybe it will be another date but you never know.

Hi Mate, any update your side?

Edited by Domm