AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

7 hours ago, GUS said:

Hi guys .... my first time here.

Does anyone know who is responsible for analyzing the citizenship application? Is the local council (Sunshine Coast in my case) or the department of immigration?

I have applied for citizenship in April 2019 and haven't received anything from them yet.

A friend of mine applied in September and everything happened so fast to him that his ceremony is on Friday 14/03.

I have applied with my wife and we selected the option to have our ceremony together, so I don't know if this could be the reason why is taking so long.

Thanks!

I also applied in april 2019 after waiting long time I submitted FOI 5 days back and got my test invitations next day

Edited by Jame

Hi guys,

If I have visited the UK as a visitor and tourist on multiple occasions with a cumulative total of ~ 90 days, what is the process, in order to get a PCC.

The reason I am asking is because when I checked it, it is asking for documents and details such as last known address in UK and endorser and other information which I would think only a person who has lived there rather than visited would have.

Also, please confirm if this is the correct website to apply:

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police-Certificates-Online

Thank you

Hey guys

Possibly a "noob" question here but I'll rather be safe than sorry. 

I have previously mentioned that I got my son a new updated passport (even though his current one is still valid) as it's expiring at the end of the year and getting a passport from S.A is a mission (to say the least). 

Now, I want to update the passport details but wanted to confirm that this is done on the immi page, under the finalized PR application right? 
- I'm assuming then, that would mean in time the PR would be attached to both his old and new passport? 

Just wanting to make sure I update the right stuff here and being "finalized", wanted to make sure my thinking was correct?

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Hey guys

I have previously mentioned that I got my son a new updated passport (even though his current one is still valid) as it's expiring at the end of the year and getting a passport from S.A is a mission (to say the least). 

Now, I want to update the passport details but wanted to confirm that this is done on the immi page, under the finalized PR application right? 
- I'm assuming then, that would mean in time the PR would be attached to both his old and new passport? 

Just wanting to make sure I update the right stuff here and being "finalized", wanted to make sure my thinking was correct?

You can do it in immi account on your citizenship application

view details—>Update details—>Change the passport details—>Done

once you upload they will notify you that it was received and updated.

23FD8C47-573A-473F-B541-6655D13F94E1.png

21 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

You can do it in immi account on your citizenship application

view details—>Update details—>Change the passport details—>Done

once you upload they will notify you that it was received and updated.

23FD8C47-573A-473F-B541-6655D13F94E1.png

@KazBaker What about the PR application that's already been approved, do I not need to add it there as well? Or would adding it into the citizenship area flow through? 

3 hours ago, Hex said:

Hey guys

Login to your immi account, and on the left you will see the tab the says "Update details", click on it and then it will ask you what do you want to update i.e. name, address, passport. 

😁

2 minutes ago, Nora said:

Login to your immi account, and on the left you will see the tab the says "Update details", click on it and then it will ask you what do you want to update i.e. name, address, passport. 

😁

@Nora I wish it was that easy - I don't have such an option. Unless you're referring to within an actual application (I have a bunch of applications in my account)? 

Am I missing something? 

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Nora I wish it was that easy - I don't have such an option. Unless you're referring to within an actual application (I have a bunch of applications in my account)? 

Am I missing something? 

Yes within your actual application. Click on your name (View details) or even click on the button next to it that says "Update details". If you click on view details of your application, you will see (the current application), and you will see

Menu

Application homeMessagesUpdate detailsBridging visa information

Actions

Attach documents

Update details
You can provide updated information to the department using the links below.
Change of address details
Change of email address details
Change of passport details
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

Am I missing something? 

Under "messages" from your application, you will read "Update details". Did you see it?😊

32 minutes ago, Nora said:

Yes within your actual application. Click on your name (View details) or even click on the button next to it that says "Update details". If you click on view details of your application, you will see (the current application), and you will see

Menu

Application homeMessagesUpdate detailsBridging visa information

Actions

Attach documents

Update details

You can provide updated information to the department using the links below.
Change of address details
Change of email address details
Change of passport details

@Nora Yep - I got that (where to actually update it), I'm more asking on which application. The citizenship or finalized PR or both. 

Just now, Nora said:

On the citizenship. The one that is being processed. The other one is done and dusted. 

They will update your details, your persona: which links all current and past applications. That is what I was told by my migration lawyer. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/02/2020 at 11:49, Indianinoz said:

If you scroll a few pages back on this thread, you will notice that there are ways to find out what your application is doing. One option is filing FOI(Freedom of Information) which specifies where exactly application is(like which stage). Another option is contact a specific MP based in Canberra(from memory his name is Greg Hunt but not sure).

Based on 2019 processing times, 10 months for a non NSW applicant is definitely on the higher side of the average. If I were you, I'd probably go for the FOI and take it from there.

Did you go overseas after application? If yes, how many trips and how long? This has resulted in delays for some.

Appreciate your reply mate.

I will definitely go for the FOI then - I didn't know about this option.

And I haven't left the country after applying for the citizenship.

Cheers.

19 hours ago, Jame said:

I also applied in april 2019 after waiting long time I submitted FOI 5 days back and got my test invitations next day

Thanks mate! I will try that - fingers crossed they access my application soon and send me the invitations for the test.

Cheers

Hello everyone,

I have just become eligible to apply for my citizenship.

Does anyone know what evidence documents are required to prove a name change after marriage, on the citizenship application?

I am planning to take my husbands name on my Aussie passport, but not sure if I need to change it on my origin country's passport first.

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, insiya1008 said:

Hello everyone,

I have just become eligible to apply for my citizenship.

Does anyone know what evidence documents are required to prove a name change after marriage, on the citizenship application?

I am planning to take my husbands name on my Aussie passport, but not sure if I need to change it on my origin country's passport first.

Thank you.

@insiya1008 For me, I was told we could just use the marriage certificate (as it contains the maiden and new last name(s)). 

27 minutes ago, Georgiegie said:

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well!

Just wondering if anyone who had their test in Jan 2020 got their approval yet?

Cheers

Hi Georgiegie, I did my test same day as you but in Hobart. I got my approval on 29th Jan 2020. I know the 'anxiety' I had for just 1 week wait. You approval will come soon. 

• Thanks 2