AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 29/01/2020 at 12:28, Milano said:

I picked up my passport today morning from the passport office in Melbourne. Here is my final timeline:

Submitted citizenship application (online): 14-June-2019
Received Test Invitation: 14-November-2019
Initial Test Date: 16-March-2020
Rescheduled Test Date: 15-November-2019
Approval (online): 25-November-2019
Citizenship Ceremony Invitation (email): 09-December-2019
Citizenship Ceremony Date: 26-January-2020
Submitted Passport Application (paper): 28-January-2020
Picked up Passport from Passport Office: 29-January-2020

Note that lodged my passport application in a post office that provides the Passport RAPID service, and I also paid the priority fee.

Hi, Thanks for answering all.

This is great news ... congratulations......and a really quick turnaround to others it seems!

So you submitted a paper application rather than an online application? if so, i may look in to this too.

• Thanks 1

On 29/01/2020 at 12:28, Milano said:

I picked up my passport today morning from the passport office in Melbourne. Here is my final timeline:

Submitted citizenship application (online): 14-June-2019
Received Test Invitation: 14-November-2019
Initial Test Date: 16-March-2020
Rescheduled Test Date: 15-November-2019
Approval (online): 25-November-2019
Citizenship Ceremony Invitation (email): 09-December-2019
Citizenship Ceremony Date: 26-January-2020
Submitted Passport Application (paper): 28-January-2020
Picked up Passport from Passport Office: 29-January-2020

Note that lodged my passport application in a post office that provides the Passport RAPID service, and I also paid the priority fee.

Hi which council you fall under ? 
and congratulations 🙂

On 29/01/2020 at 19:01, Georgiegie said:

Hey markix, 

Below is the screenshot from my ImmiAccount, I hope it gives you a rough idea of what kind of documents you might need to attach to your application. 

Please disregard the numbers you see, as the system counts every page as a separate document. 

Here is the list of documents I submitted as a single 189 PR-visa holder with no children:

• Birth Certificate (if not in English, it MUST be translated by a NAATI-accredited translator);
  • Identity Declaration (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1195.pdf);
  • Front and back of my endorsed photograph separately scanned;
  • Passport(s) from country(ies) I am a citizen of;
  • Residence permit(s)/card(s) from country(ies) I am a permanent resident of (e.g., UK ILR card);
  • Drivers Licence;
  • Utility Bill / Bank Statement with your current address.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your application!

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 3.50.39 pm.png

For the section (First arrival in Australia, Evidence of) Does this mean a scanned copy of the entry stamp from your passport?

5 hours ago, robinoz2018 said:

For the section (First arrival in Australia, Evidence of) Does this mean a scanned copy of the entry stamp from your passport?

Yes, I made a one-page scan of:

- passport page with the entry stamp and 

- boarding pass to my flight to Sydney 

and attached it as evidence of date of entry

Apparently, the stamp alone is more than enough. 

On 30/01/2020 at 21:00, Jame said:

Hi all

Just a quick question i m waiting for citizenship appointment letter but i want change my test centre can i do that I applied on 10/04/2019 Ballarat city council victoria

Suggestions will be appreciated 

thanks

Hi! I'll be applying for citizenship next week in ACT, does anyone know what is general processing time in ACT ? i know it all depends on the waiting time from one step to another but if anyone in this forum would like to share their experience in ACT I'd really appreciate that:)

Thank you

Happy Sunday!

We applied citizenship two days ago, Oh my God! My hubby is lucky to have me as his wife aka "personal assistant" haha..took me so long to submit both of our applications...but I nailed it!😅 

Have a great weekend ahead. 

Council: Maroondah City Council in Vic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone! I'm getting ready to lodge for citizenship - not eligible for another 3 months, but super eager, so managing the excitement by lurking here in the background.

I have a quick question around the certified documents. I have all mine certified going back to before our defacto visa that we completed when I added my partner onto my 457. I didn't bother to get them re-certified when doing the PR application, I just re-used them from the first time around (would have been over a year), on the basis that certified is certified, and they went through ok. 

I'm conscious that they're now quite old, circa 2017/2018! Does anyone know if there's an expiry on certified documents, or if the Department will only accept them within a certain timeframe? I'm down in Victoria now (as opposed to living across the road from a JP in Sydney) and it's not as easy for me to get them certified.

Thanks!

Perfect, that makes sense. I was working from the printed application just to see what was needed so I wasn’t thinking about that really. 

Did anyone have any trouble getting the identity declaration signed? I went through the list of professions who can sign but I’d struggle to find anyone willing to state they knew me a year. I’m thankfully healthy so I’ve never had a regular GP/dentist/pharmacist etc. Couldn’t think of anyone on the professions list I could ask...

7 hours ago, RoEire said:

Perfect, that makes sense. I was working from the printed application just to see what was needed so I wasn’t thinking about that really. 

Did anyone have any trouble getting the identity declaration signed? I went through the list of professions who can sign but I’d struggle to find anyone willing to state they knew me a year. I’m thankfully healthy so I’ve never had a regular GP/dentist/pharmacist etc. Couldn’t think of anyone on the professions list I could ask...

I asked my bank manager to sign the form and verify the photo for me

On 20/01/2020 at 12:40, Ausa0000 said:

Subject line read : Citizenship Correspondence Email for a Test Appointment but email address ended in @border.gov.au.

As a last resort, you can also ring the DOHA helpline to ask if you have been sent a test invite, although calling them  isn't always easy to get through in a timely manner. Best advice is to call late in the week early in the day. I have heard others saying the representative was able to tell them whether an invite had been sent out. As the invites are sent out usually well in advance, you could probably give them a call once a month if you're very concerned about the possibility of missing an email.

Hi Ausa0000, I actually called up the helpline to check status of my application. They said they don't do status updates until the reasonable processing time which is 21 months of application. They said I should get a message on my immi account and an email. He said some case officers also phone/sms, but not all of them. Are you sure not everyone receives message on immi account?

What is the helpline no. that you call on?

4 hours ago, Rockshanks said:

Hi is there anyone in this group from Hume council . Just want to know the timeline . My citizenship was approved on 30 sept and still waiting for ceremony . If anyone can help that will be great . 
Thanks 

Plenty of ceremonies coming up. https://www.hume.vic.gov.au/About_Us_Contact_Details/Our_City/Citizenship_Ceremonies
have you contacted the council to ask?

22 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Hi Ausa0000, I actually called up the helpline to check status of my application. They said they don't do status updates until the reasonable processing time which is 21 months of application. They said I should get a message on my immi account and an email. He said some case officers also phone/sms, but not all of them. Are you sure not everyone receives message on immi account?

What is the helpline no. that you call on?

I had called the helpline,  concerned I had maybe missed an email for my test and the staff member was able to tell me over the phone that a test invite had not been sent out yet. When I did receive a test invite by email and not a immi message, I called the same helpline to question why and a new staff member stated that not all applicants will receive a message in their immi account. It seems like you will receive different information depending on who takes your call.

• Thanks 2

On 17/09/2019 at 20:32, Canada2Australia said:

Hopefully the Mackay Citizenship ceremony grants in 2020 are less hectic and processed quicker than the bigger cities. I'm counting on it 🙂

Hi Canada2Australia, I'm from Mackay too. Just wondering what your timeline is? Mine is in my signature.

On 31/01/2020 at 20:33, Georgiegie said:

Yes, I made a one-page scan of:

- passport page with the entry stamp and 

- boarding pass to my flight to Sydney 

and attached it as evidence of date of entry

Apparently, the stamp alone is more than enough. 

hi, for the photograph online citizenship application can it be done with mobile phone? or does it have to be official at auspost or similar? thanks