AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hey guys,

Just joined this forum and topic. Reading all the comments in the thread, I am pretty much in the same boat. Below are my timelines and awaiting the ceremony invitation now. Anyone else closer to my timeline? 

Citizenship Application: 7th Jan 2019

Invitation: 30th Aug 2019

Test Date: 9th Nov 2019

Approval: 9th Nov 2019

Ceremony: TBA

Thanks,

PS: Sorry not sure how to add the timeline in the signature. 

• Thanks 1

Good morning everyone 🙂

Just a quick question regarding the citizenship application which I will be submitting online in a few short weeks. 

Are the questions exactly the same online as the paper form 1300t? I have printed this off and completed it in preparation for when the day comes that I can start the online application.

Hi Guys

Happy New Year to everyone!

i submitted my application on 30th December 2019, and this morning when i check my account it is showing received status.

does that mean the dept is reviewing it, should i start studying for the test now or it is too early for it?

image.thumb.png.26d52d9651c790b2f502eb44155ba9c8.png

1 hour ago, vickyplum said:

a) Wollongong.

b) no, have just had two weeks outside of Australia since applying.

All cases of delay over 6 months that I know of in getting test application are from NSW(mostly from Sydney, 1 from Wagga Wagga and now 1 from Wollongong). Hope you get it soon. Please keep us updated.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr-StrangeLove said:

Hey guys,

Just joined this forum and topic. Reading all the comments in the thread, I am pretty much in the same boat. Below are my timelines and awaiting the ceremony invitation now. Anyone else closer to my timeline? 

Citizenship Application: 7th Jan 2019

Invitation: 30th Aug 2019

Test Date: 9th Nov 2019

Approval: 9th Nov 2019

Ceremony: TBA

Thanks,

PS: Sorry not sure how to add the timeline in the signature. 

Goto settings to add signature. Please also add your council/town name.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gwheng said:

Hi Guys

Happy New Year to everyone!

i submitted my application on 30th December 2019, and this morning when i check my account it is showing received status.

does that mean the dept is reviewing it, should i start studying for the test now or it is too early for it?

image.thumb.png.26d52d9651c790b2f502eb44155ba9c8.png

It mean they have received your application . Nothing else at the movement. Thanks 

2 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

All cases of delay over 6 months that I know of in getting test application are from NSW(mostly from Sydney, 1 from Wagga Wagga and now 1 from Wollongong). Hope you get it soon. Please keep us updated.

Thanks!  I am not in a mad rush but it would be nice to see some progress.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nora said:

@KazBaker Hey mate!! Haha glad to see you here!!!!!! Can't wait to start checking for every update on immi...NOT LOL.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!🍀

Nora, my advice to apply your citizenship smoothly is to make sure you have all the documents ready and scanned beforehand. Another important part is to get your identification documents ready beforehand as well. As it took me 5 days delay due to not having done it on time. You can print them out and take it to your regular GP doctor and get it signed in. I believe you already know it. recommending you Just in case if you don’t know yet. Cheers !

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dr-StrangeLove said:

How long before the ceremony can we expect the invitation sent? It's been 2 months since my application has been approved and haven't received any letter yet. I was hoping to be included in the 26th Jan list but hopes of that is diminishing at a fast rate now

Should usually be 3-4 weeks before.

Completely depends on your local council's backlog which ceremony you end up at, but I'd say it's likely 26th Jan is all done now. I know from my local council (Moreland) that i'm not on 26th Jan or their February lists, our approval was late October.

I'm just preparing for up to another 3 months wait, that way won't be too disappointed! Is there anything pressing for you time-wise, or just want to have it done?

Also remember, the reported average between approval and ceremony is 4-5 months -

image.png.b4fc0823d151284c6443583f0e7d5101.png

Edited by millski88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dr-StrangeLove said:

How long before the ceremony can we expect the invitation sent? It's been 2 months since my application has been approved and haven't received any letter yet. I was hoping to be included in the 26th Jan list but hopes of that is diminishing at a fast rate now

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/ceremony_backlog

If you check this Wiki list over on Whirlpool, it looks like the last person reported from your council area as getting on the 26th Jan ceremony was approved on 4th November - so the next ceremony could be your go!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Should usually be 3-4 weeks before.

Completely depends on your local council's backlog which ceremony you end up at, but I'd say it's likely 26th Jan is all done now. I know from my local council (Moreland) that i'm not on 26th Jan or their February lists, our approval was late October.

I'm just preparing for up to another 3 months wait, that way won't be too disappointed! Is there anything pressing for you time-wise, or just want to have it done?

Also remember, the reported average between approval and ceremony is 4-5 months -

image.png.b4fc0823d151284c6443583f0e7d5101.png

Thanks. I am planning to go overseas as soon as possible as I haven't been in a long time. That's the only thing pressing at the moment. Don't want to apply for RRV (which I am up for now as my 5 yr PR validity is done) as it costs a lot of money and also I have some expenses in line once the ceremony is done (like aus passport application and renouncing my current passport and applying new visa etc..)

Edited by Dr-StrangeLove

5 minutes ago, millski88 said:

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/ceremony_backlog

If you check this Wiki list over on Whirlpool, it looks like the last person reported from your council area as getting on the 26th Jan ceremony was approved on 4th November - so the next ceremony could be your go!

Cheers, this is super helpful. Looks like I just missed

12 minutes ago, Dr-StrangeLove said:

Cheers, this is super helpful. Looks like I just missed

Also, I realized I had opted not to be included in a public ceremony which now to think of was a mistake. I wouldn't have had to take time off work to attend the ceremony if I had not opted that which could have given a chance to attend the ceremony at ICC on 26th Jan 2020. Just FYI to folks applying now for citizenship 

2 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Nora, my advice to apply your citizenship smoothly is to make sure you have all the documents ready and scanned beforehand. Another important part is to get your identification documents ready beforehand as well. As it took me 5 days delay due to not having done it on time. You can print them out and take it to your regular GP doctor and get it signed in. I believe you already know it. recommending you Just in case if you don’t know yet. Cheers !

Yes great tip. I got all my paperwork scanned and translated (same docs I used for the 186visa) . All I need is to take the Identity form to my GP so he can sign. I will do that next week. Just started filling the applications..but got stuck on page 3/36 because we still do not meet the time in Au to apply.

Thanks again @KazBaker 

N

7 hours ago, Nora said:

Sorry for asking, do we need to complete form 1300t? We are doing online app. 

Thanks,

Nora

No the 1300t is the paper alternative. It’s good to review it to get an idea of the information you need to supply though.

Edited by millski88
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, gwheng said:

i have not sign anything beside the identity form. 

is there more form to sign? 

@gwheng This was in regards to the signature on your Pomsinoz profile (see mine below). Has nothing to do with actual documents etc. 

- You're safe to ignore, or simply follow the steps to update your signature (which helps others in the forums, especially when you ask a question). 

Given that me and the OH are (hopefully) within the last month or two of our wait, it's getting to the 'obsessive checking stage' I'm sure we're all so used to from our immigration journeys... I wonder if i can lighten the mood (and waste some thumb-twiddling time) by posing a question to the group -

➡️ What are your plans for your citizenship ceremony day?

We'll hopefully have the in-laws visiting from the UK over our ceremony, so they'll be joining us. Aside from them we'll almost certainly max-out our invite allowance with close friends and others who have helped us along the way. 

Ceremonies in our area are late afternoon/early evening, and always during the week, so we'll likely get off work early and have a drink in a pub nearby, then go out for some food as a group after.

My UK passport expires in about 4 months, so i'm keen to order both new UK and Aus passports at the same time and have them both brand new (hopefully with a good photo this time!). I think that'd be a really nice touch at the end of this 7 year journey!

So what are you all going to get up to?

Edited by millski88
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Given that me and the OH are (hopefully) within the last month or two of our wait, it's getting to the 'obsessive checking stage' I'm sure we're all so used to from our immigration journeys... I wonder if i can lighten the mood (and waste some thumb-twiddling time) by posing a question to the group -

➡️ What are your plans for your citizenship ceremony day?

We'll hopefully have the in-laws visiting from the UK over our ceremony, so they'll be joining us. Aside from them we'll almost certainly max-out our invite allowance with close friends and others who have helped us along the way. 

Ceremonies in our area are late afternoon/early evening, and always during the week, so we'll likely get off work early and have a drink in a pub nearby, then go out for some food as a group after.

My UK passport expires in about 4 months, so i'm keen to order both new UK and Aus passports at the same time and have them both brand new (hopefully with a good photo this time!). I think that'd be a really nice touch at the end of this 7 year journey!

So what are you all going to get up to?

Knowing the fact that I am not included in AU Day ceremony, whenever mine will be; I am throwing a party for close friends at home. I am not sure about others but I ll have Oz flags on my face to get the feel of AU Day which I am missing out. Drinks, BBQ and Oz flags all over; that will be my way. And I also want a good pic on passport but not sure of AusPost guys as last time they didn't click a good one 😄

Thanks for initiating this post.

• Like 1