AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Application type Period counted Timeframe for
75% of applications
Timeframe for
 90% of applications
Australian citizenship by conferral
(general eligibility and other situations)
From date of application to decision 15 months 20 months
From date of approval to ceremony 4 months 5 months
From date of application to ceremony 21 months 24 months

2 hours ago, Domm said:

Hi Mate, have you been approved?

Hi mate, funny you asked. I just checked my immi account and it’s been approved today. 😜 I have t received an email yet on the details. With 16 days left until Australia Day maybe it will be another date but you never know.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

3 minutes ago, Braddz1 said:

Hi mate, funny you asked. I just checked my immi account and it’s been approved today. 😜 I have t received an email yet on the details. With 16 days left until Australia Day maybe it will be another date but you never know.

You are so lucky. I hope you make it on this coming Australia Day, next ceremony in Alice Springs is likely to be around March.  Congrats

• Like 1

On 10/01/2020 at 11:20, Indianinoz said:

Great to know your test and interview was amazing. What do they ask at interview and do they ask for original documents?

Have you been approved yet? Only after you have been approved does your wait for ceremony start... A lot of people have been approved soon after passing the test/interview, but some have had to wait a few days/weeks.

Hi mate, thank you. Its very straight forward and you will go great im sure.

They asked me hardly anything.

1. Original documents - in my case new birth certificate, passport, driving licence and a recent utility bill

2. Anyone else applying with me?

3. Have I ever been convicted of a crime or have any cases pending?

I just checked my immi account and I have been approved!

Awaiting ceremony now 😋

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

20 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Hi mate, thank you. Its very straight forward and you will go great im sure.

They asked me hardly anything.

1. Original documents - in my case new birth certificate, passport, driving licence and a recent utility bill

2. Anyone else applying with me?

3. Have I ever been convicted of a crime or have any cases pending?

I just checked my immi account and I have been approved!

Awaiting ceremony now 😋

Quick approval! nice one.

Just now, millski88 said:

Quick approval! nice one.

Same day I think! Really hope the ceremony in the city comes quick now - not that it matters really but its been nearly seven years and I reckon they owe me one ha! Fingers crossed I get in the March ceremony held in the city as opposed to May! I saw that there are 100 people at the aus day one in the city and the mayor is presenting which would be pretty cool. 

My friend just told me you get the invite by post which surprised me! Also he didnt get a tree!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Same day I think! Really hope the ceremony in the city comes quick now - not that it matters really but its been nearly seven years and I reckon they owe me one ha! Fingers crossed I get in the March ceremony held in the city as opposed to May! I saw that there are 100 people at the aus day one in the city and the mayor is presenting which would be pretty cool. 

My friend just told me you get the invite by post which surprised me! Also he didnt get a tree!

Fingers crossed!

We've been lucky with quick turnaround on the initial stages, but now our ceremony wait is looking more average - swings and roundabouts hey.

Our stories are incredibly similar, i'm near 7 years too. 

I think posted letter and email sometimes depending on you council. My other half's parents want to come over for a visit and will try and align it for when we get our ceremony, so i'm quite glad of this contact i've got at Moreland council... don't have to wait for snail mail to get the date confirmed!

All the best mate, let us know how you go.

15 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Fingers crossed!

We've been lucky with quick turnaround on the initial stages, but now our ceremony wait is looking more average - swings and roundabouts hey.

Our stories are incredibly similar, i'm near 7 years too. 

I think posted letter and email sometimes depending on you council. My other half's parents want to come over for a visit and will try and align it for when we get our ceremony, so i'm quite glad of this contact i've got at Moreland council... don't have to wait for snail mail to get the date confirmed!

All the best mate, let us know how you go.

I know its weird haha!

I will have to check but I think my first flight into Aus (Syd) 3 June 2013 (I always get mixed up between 13 and 14),I just dug out the flight details.  Time flies!

We are almost identical except I didnt do a second working hol. 

What sort of company you at now? I've moved from the University to a government entity but Im going to move on. No budget to do anything fun after Ive finished my major projects.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

I know its weird haha!

I will have to check but I think my first flight into Aus (Syd) 3 June 2013 (I always get mixed up between 13 and 14),I just dug out the flight details.  Time flies!

We are almost identical except I didnt do a second working hol. 

What sort of company you at now? I've moved from the University to a government entity but Im going to move on. No budget to do anything fun after Ive finished my major projects.

Oh s**t! Mine was 5th July 2013 🤣

I've been in marketing/digital projects and was working in non-profit for a long time, and that's when I got my 457 + subsequent 457 + 186 PR.

Since then though I moved to a role at group company which does recruitment & training. I'm actually about to jump ship from here though to move in to my first agency gig, which is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but with the visa arrangements hadn't been able to previously.

Edited by millski88
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Oh s**t! Mine was 5th July 2013 🤣

I've been in marketing/digital projects and was working in non-profit for a long time, and that's when I got my 457 + subsequent 457 + 186 PR.

Since then though I moved to a role at group company which does recruitment & training. I'm actually about to jump ship from here though to move in to my first agency gig, which is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but with the visa arrangements hadn't been able to previously.

Haha. Freaky. If we had been in the same industry then I probably would start believing we are actually in The Matrix.

Agency is fun but tough in my experience!  A lot of bad agencies out there so let me know where you apply. I've been a senior role for a while and I have worked with a shed load of good and bad agencies here in Melbourne. Many are just not that good!

• Like 1

On 07/01/2020 at 10:00, Indianinoz said:

Is there someone who applied for citizenship before 30th June 2019(other than Sydney) and before 31st March 2019(Sydney) and still hasn't been invited for the test?

Is the backlog of 2017 applicants which were running very late attended to?

•  

Yes me! Applied 18 June 2019 (not Sydney) and my account has remained unchanged since that day.

Hi everyone Just thought I would update my timeline.

CITY/AREA : ALICE SPRINGS 

ONLINE / PAPER : ONLINE

DATE OF APPLICATION : 17/10/2019

DATE OF EMAIL : 3/11/2019

TEST DATE 10/12/2019

APPROVAL DATE 10/01/2020

CEREMONY DATE STILL WAITING 

CHEERS 🍻 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

57 minutes ago, vickyplum said:

Yes me! Applied 18 June 2019 (not Sydney) and my account has remained unchanged since that day.

Oh, its almost 7 months now, hopefully you get invited for the test very soon. If you don't mind, may I ask:
a) Which town/council are you from?
b) Did you travel overseas for long period(>30 days) after application?

6 minutes ago, Prashant Shukla said:

Posting my timeline (check signature)

Have been a member for more than 3 years. was part of PR group now citizenship 🙂

Know a few people by there screen names like Hex, Parkesy and a few more.

All the best everyone.

Dear Prashant,

Congratulations on your citizenship approval. Which council/town are you from?

12 hours ago, Rockshanks said:

Hi Guys

Anyone here from Hume council who had its recent ceremony wants to know the timeline . 

cheers 

Hi 

im also from hume council .

waiting for ceremony.

from 1nov19.

What is your timeline ?

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered. I started my citizenship application using my immi account, but while the questionnaire asked about our children, I didn't find where to put my wife's details (she is on my PR visa). Are we supposed to have 2 separate applications or did I miss something?

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, hpaille said:

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered. I started my citizenship application using my immi account, but while the questionnaire asked about our children, I didn't find where to put my wife's details (she is on my PR visa). Are we supposed to have 2 separate applications or did I miss something?

Thanks!

Two separate applications for the adults, can be done on the same immi account though.  She has to do her own application.

19 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Oh, its almost 7 months now, hopefully you get invited for the test very soon. If you don't mind, may I ask:
a) Which town/council are you from?
b) Did you travel overseas for long period(>30 days) after application?

a) Wollongong.

b) no, have just had two weeks outside of Australia since applying.

• Thanks 1