AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Application received - 13th May 2019
Randwick council
I am yet to hear anything, I know the wait time is long and I would be shocked if I heard anything yet but just wondering if anyone in same location and similar application time is any further? 

I applied in March 2019, had my appointment and test in December. Sydney test centre, although Northern Beaches council for me.
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Yes I received the acknolwedgement email soon after submission of application, but after that, nothing. I know they have received. I was wondering if they confirm after checking if everything is in order or if they need anything else.....

If they need anything they will let you know. Thanks

• Thanks 1

Dear all,

if everyone tag their timeline with update in to signature would be really great as we will be able to see everyone’s timeline and estimate where we stand.

Thanks all

How (go to account >account settings>settings area>signature >update)

Edited by KazBaker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KazBaker said:

Dear all,

if everyone tag their timeline with update in to signature would be really great as we will be able to see everyone’s timeline and estimate where we stand.

Thanks all

Great idea 👍

Dear all,

Thanks all

here you go

2 hours ago, LouDYorkie said:

I just got an Australia Day invite for Brisbane!

Applied: June 2018
Test: May 2019
Approval: September 2019
Ceremony: January 2020

Congratulations 

i just wanted to know 

how did you get notified for ceremony?

by email or letter ?

thanks

Dear all,

Thanks all

Thanks 

i didnt know that.

great work

much appreciated 🤝

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LouDYorkie said:

I just got an Australia Day invite for Brisbane!

Applied: June 2018
Test: May 2019
Approval: September 2019
Ceremony: January 2020

Congratulations. Did you received letter or Email? for Ceremony.

Edited by SKumarG

2 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Hello all,

What is the email address from which you get invitation for the Citizenship test, approval and ceremony? To avoid the email going into Spam/Promotions folder etc., I'd like to add it to my contacts/white list in my email account so that I don't miss it.

You'll get the Citizenship appointment from:

noreply@mail.appointments.homeaffairs.gov.au

I also received a text from them at the same time.

For approval, they send you a letter through the post, although you can see the approval prior to this in your Immi account.

Ceremony is via letter as well.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Hello all,

What is the email address from which you get invitation for the Citizenship test, approval and ceremony? To avoid the email going into Spam/Promotions folder etc., I'd like to add it to my contacts/white list in my email account so that I don't miss it.

@Indianinoz Although I don't know the actual (complete) address, my suggestion would be to white list the entire home affairs domain:

- homeaffairs.gov.au

Also, any changes / approves should appear in your immi account online. 

Edited by Hex
  • Thanks 1

Dear Friends,

What identity documents need to bring at Interview for Citizenship test. Driving license, Passport, medicare and Tenant lease contract. These are the documents available for me right now. Is there anything else i have to show at interview? 

Friends live in Melbourne please share your valuable experience as well. Thanks 

Stay safe

• Like 1

Dear Friends,

What identity documents need to bring at Interview for Citizenship test. Driving license, Passport, medicare and Tenant lease contract. These are the documents available for me right now. Is there anything else i have to show at interview? 

Friends live in Melbourne please share your valuable experience as well. Thanks 

Stay safe

That should be fine!

I had all of that plus a utility bill.

They only asked me for Passport, Aus Driving Licence and Medicare card.

Will vary depending on person interviewing you but Tenant Lease will cover you for 2nd proof of address if they ask for it.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello friends, 

I just noticed that I haven't received an Acknowledgement  letter or Email from Immigration department after I lodged my citizenship application online. but the status online shows 'RECEIVED'. should I be concerned or it's just normal. 

I lodged my Citizenship application online in April of 2019. not received any news yet since then. 

thanks guys for any clue.

21 minutes ago, LeiMing said:

Hello friends, 

I just noticed that I haven't received an Acknowledgement  letter or Email from Immigration department after I lodged my citizenship application online. but the status online shows 'RECEIVED'. should I be concerned or it's just normal. 

I lodged my Citizenship application online in April of 2019. not received any news yet since then. 

Hi LeiMing,

Go to your ImmiAccount --> "View Details" of your Citizenship Application --> from your Citizenship Application main screen go to "Messages"  (second option from the top of the Menu bar on the left hand side of the screen) 

If your application was submitted correctly, there should be an "Acknowledgement of Application Received" email in your messages which is an auto generated confirmation email containing all the details of your application (e.g., your Client ID and Application ID).

I hope this helps. Best of luck with your application!

47 minutes ago, LeiMing said:

Hello friends, 

It’s really a long wait for you, i haven’t heard from anyone have been waiting for such long wait to receive nothing yet. Did you attach all documents required at the time of application? Did you check the action required section? 

can you update your timeline properly.

Hope you will be sent appointment soon.

Hello friends, 

We were almost 12 months before we heard anything other than it showing received on Immi so it seems normal to me. Don’t panic, the wait time has been huge but is improving.

Hello all,

From what I make out from this thread, tentative waiting time for invitation is as follows:
a) Usually within 9-10 months for Sydney applicants
b) Usually within 6 months for all other regions
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there someone who applied before 30th June 2019(other than Sydney) and before 31st March 2019(Sydney) and still hasn't been invited for the test?

3 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Hello all,

From what I make out from this thread, tentative waiting time for invitation is as follows:
a) Usually within 9-10 months for Sydney applicants
b) Usually within 6 months for all other regions
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there someone who applied before 30th June 2019(other than Sydney) and before 31st March 2019(Sydney) and still hasn't been invited for the test?

What i understand is the smallest city invites for the test quickly rather than big city like sydney. Sydney is the biggest city in australia and no doubt why applicants receive invitation late due to have large amounts of application. I guess Perth residents receive too quick due to low or medium volume of applications.

Edited by KazBaker
  • Thanks 1

On 28/12/2019 at 14:40, 187 june16 said:

Anyone waiting for ceremony from gold coast city ??

yep, waiting still for Gold Coast Ceremony. Invited to one 10/9/19 but could not make it as overseas. Heard there was one in November but no invite. Hoping still for 26th Jan.