AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Question regarding citizenship application form:

Current Emails - List all of the applicant's current email addresses, these may include work or business, personal, home or other emails that are used

Query: If a person is a director of a company limited by guarantee, and that not for profit company has a support email address which is monitored chiefly by one of the other directors, but the person applying for citizenship also has access and may have replied to a couple of emails. Does this need to be notified also? If yes, can the form be amended after submission to include this?

13 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Question regarding citizenship application form:

Current Emails - List all of the applicant's current email addresses, these may include work or business, personal, home or other emails that are used

Query: If a person is a director of a company limited by guarantee, and that not for profit company has a support email address which is monitored chiefly by one of the other directors, but the person applying for citizenship also has access and may have replied to a couple of emails. Does this need to be notified also? If yes, can the form be amended after submission to include this?

Don’t sweat, I didn’t include all of my e mail addresses, just the ones I check daily.

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

What are the chances to get invitation of ceremony at Australian Day (26 Jan) if i sit for the test on 7 January and get approved. Do you think i may go through? Please share your experience and opinion. Thanks mate.

Merry Christmas and HNY to all.

Edited by KazBaker

Hi Guys,
What are the chances to get invitation of ceremony at Australian Day (26 Jan) if i sit for the test on 7 January and get approved. Do you think i may go through? Please share your experience and opinion. Thanks mate.
Merry Christmas and HNY to all.

It seems to depend on your Council. Some appear to be very quick, some take months.
  • Thanks 1

Hi Friends,

My Aus Citizenship applied on 11 April 2019

Application got approved on 23rd Sep 2019

Waiting for Ceremony. I have not received Ceremony invitation yet. I am expecting to be on 26th Jan 2020. 

Location Brisbane.

when will I receive my Ceremony invitation? How often  Ceremonies happens in a year in Brisbane location?

Thank you.

4 hours ago, SKumarG said:

Hi Friends,

My Aus Citizenship applied on 11 April 2019

Application got approved on 23rd Sep 2019

Waiting for Ceremony. I have not received Ceremony invitation yet. I am expecting to be on 26th Jan 2020. 

Location Brisbane.

when will I receive my Ceremony invitation? How often  Ceremonies happens in a year in Brisbane location?

Thank you.

Thanks for sharing timeline SKumarG. Would you mind sharing when you got invitation for test and when did you sit for the test? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Hello all,

Is it possible to update details on application form for citizenship after submission? Is there any risk in doing so? Also, uploading additional attachments and deleting previously uploaded attachments? Has anyone done this?

You can’t change details on citizenship application after submission but you can submit statement to tell the department which information you want to change on your application form  and there is no risk in it. On your second question you even can’t delete what ever you have already submit but you can submit more docs. Thanks 

• Thanks 1

Possibly a simply question but I needed some clarification please. 

My wife and I went from a 457 to 186 PR, all these applications were done by me (the main applicant), which automatically included my wife. 

With citizenship, am I correct in saying that my wife and I need to apply for this separately? 

I'd rather be sure than assume. 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Hex said:

My wife and I went from a 457 to 186 PR, all these applications were done by me (the main applicant), which automatically included my wife. 

With citizenship, am I correct in saying that my wife and I need to apply for this separately? 

Thanks in advance 

Yes . You and your wife will file the case separately for citizenship.  Any Childern under 18 could Be add in your file. Thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Thanks in advance 

Yes, each adult age over 18 need to apply citizenship individually. and under 18 can be applied with their any parents preferably with who were the primary applicant at PR.

BTW, you did not apply yet? I thought you did already. which city you live in?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

Yes, each adult age over 18 need to apply citizenship individually. and under 18 can be applied with their any parents preferably with who were the primary applicant at PR.

BTW, you did not apply yet? I thought you did already. which city you live in?

@KazBaker thanks for tat.

I've not applied yet, as I was only eligible on the 28th.
- I have however, arranged everything and should be getting the last of the docs signed tomorrow, which means I'll be applying this week, if all goes well! Exciting times!! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hex said:

@KazBaker thanks for tat.

I've not applied yet, as I was only eligible on the 28th.
- I have however, arranged everything and should be getting the last of the docs signed tomorrow, which means I'll be applying this week, if all goes well! Exciting times!! 

Even though you apply separately, ensure you tick the box to make it a linked application

Just now, Chris N Lora said:

Even though you apply separately, ensure you tick the box to make it a linked application

Yeah, I noticed that last night and was thinking "what a weird option", who would want to do that with someone else... Now it all makes sense 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yeah, I noticed that last night and was thinking "what a weird option", who would want to do that with someone else... Now it all makes sense 🙂 

When we applied, my wife did it, we all attended the ceremony at the same time and what not.  it is a strange option but, always good to be linked, my daughter was over 18 and she was also linked under my wife's Immi account ID ... I even had all my info sent to her email ... fingers crossed, your not to far away. Some applications are being done fast now.

• Like 1

I applied for citizenship through the online application form and also uploaded the relevant documents about 20 days back for me and my wife.

The status on immi account shows 'received'. I haven't received any email after application. What exactly happens in the next stage? Do they confirm after reviewing documents whether everything is on order or if they need anything else? Can I call them to confirm if they've received everything?

I know the estimated times are different for different people, but what could be an estimated waiting time for next confirmation?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

I applied for citizenship through the online application form and also uploaded the relevant documents about 20 days back for me and my wife.

The status on immi account shows 'received'. I haven't received any email after application. What exactly happens in the next stage? Do they confirm after reviewing documents whether everything is on order or if they need anything else? Can I call them to confirm if they've received everything?

I know the estimated times are different for different people, but what could be an estimated waiting time for next confirmation?

Thanks!

Have you received acknowledgement email  ? After submitting the application

and what ever you upload , generally they have received it. They won’t send you separate email that they have received your docs . Thanks

• Thanks 1

Application received - 13th May 2019

Randwick council

I am yet to hear anything, I know the wait time is long and I would be shocked if I heard anything yet but just wondering if anyone in same location and similar application time is any further? 

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! I hope 2020 see a lot of quick citizenship approvals :D

My citizenship got approved on December 20th (still waiting for the letter, probably delayed because of Chistmas).

I do not think I will be part of the January 26th ceremony and I expect being in the March or April one (Port Phillip Council (VIC))

I have a questions for you:

- Have any of you travelled overseas after their approval and before the ceremony?

- How did you let the department know?

- Do we have to get an approval, and if so how long does it take?

Thank you :)

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 30/12/2019 at 13:41, naviozz said:

Have you received acknowledgement email  ? After submitting the application

and what ever you upload , generally they have received it. They won’t send you separate email that they have received your docs . Thanks

Yes I received the acknolwedgement email soon after submission of application, but after that, nothing. I know they have received. I was wondering if they confirm after checking if everything is in order or if they need anything else.....

12 hours ago, Ella8 said:

Application received - 13th May 2019

Randwick council

I am yet to hear anything, I know the wait time is long and I would be shocked if I heard anything yet but just wondering if anyone in same location and similar application time is any further? 

Thanks 🙂

I know of a family in Sydney who applied around the same time and haven't heard back at all yet. Is it true that applications from Sydney are being delayed? Is it just Sydney?