AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Question from citizenship application form: Has the applicant been convicted of, or found guilty of, any offences overseas or in Australia (include
all traffic offences which went to court, including offences declared in your permanent residence
application, and any 'spent' convictions)?

Query: Do we need to also include traffic offences like speeding fine or crossing red signals? These are normal traffic offences which don't go to court.

On 13/12/2019 at 22:20, Domm said:

Thanks for the update and congrats on your application progress. I hope you get approved soon so that you can join 26th ceremony. I am also in Alice Springs and will be eligible in February. What is your fiancee timeline, Is she in Alice Springs as well, was the test conducted in Alice springs, is it by centrelink or DOHA, do you know much about time line for Alice Springs residents?  I am aware that Darwin is very slow and hoping that Alice Springs will be different. 

Hi mate, Yasmins Timeline is exactly the same as mine apart from her test day is tommorow. Still no news back yet but we did ask to have the ceremony together so perhaps they are waiting for hers to be completed before progressing. We are both out at Erldunda atm but Alice springs is the closest to us. I wouldn’t know about the timeline for Alice but the lady in the interview said there was a good chance of it being the 26th. Yes the interview is held at 5 railway terrace Centrelink building. They say two hours but actually it won’t be longer than 20 minutes in the interview room. I hope it come through quickly 🤞

45 minutes ago, Braddz1 said:

Hi mate, Yasmins Timeline is exactly the same as mine apart from her test day is tommorow. Still no news back yet but we did ask to have the ceremony together so perhaps they are waiting for hers to be completed before progressing. We are both out at Erldunda atm but Alice springs is the closest to us. I wouldn’t know about the timeline for Alice but the lady in the interview said there was a good chance of it being the 26th. Yes the interview is held at 5 railway terrace Centrelink building. They say two hours but actually it won’t be longer than 20 minutes in the interview room. I hope it come through quickly 🤞

Thank for your reply and i hope they put you guys on 26th, that will be amazing. Now, i have a close idea of the timeline here. I don't think there will be much difference as your location is not that far from alice. 

On 16/12/2019 at 13:38, KazBaker said:

Hi, just wondering do under 16 years child need to attend at the appointment test? i got 5 years old child but not sure he has to be there with parents as he also included in one parent. anyone had the experience please reply.

Thanks

No -  it says in the appointment details that they do not need to attend, BUT you will need to take all their paperwork - birth certificate etc.

6 hours ago, Lasanga Herath said:

You can download a copy of "Our common Bond" from here

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship-subsite/files/our-common-bond.pdf

Also if you visit any council library , you can borrow a copy of this.

To practice test, there are many online resource available including below.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/prepare-for-test/practice-test

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. cheers !

3 minutes ago, gwheng said:

Hi,

i'm on the last consent page before i hit the submit button to lodge my application.

but where do you attachment required documents? eg police clearance, medical test, etc...

Please advise, thanks. 

Just submit it. Once you submit your account will create . Under that account go to view detail button and then attach document button and attach it. Thanks 

Got my appointment letter today. 

My timeline is -

Applied: 16th November 2019

Appointment letter received: 17th Dec 2019 (today)

Test Date: 13th Feb 2020

Place : Perth WA

Im stoked that I only applied last month and already have my test date  for Feb 2020 so only 3 months wait to get to this stage.

Is this normal the quick processing times for Perth compared to other states or is it just luck?

I heard the whole process from start to finish was really stretched out and was expecting it to be months before I was sent for the test.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

1 minute ago, stevie129 said:

Got my appointment letter today. 

My timeline is -

Applied: 16th November 2019

Appointment letter received: 17th Dec 2019 (today)

Test Date: 13th Feb 2020

Place : Perth WA

Im stoked that I only applied last month and already have my test date  for Feb 2020 so only 3 months wait to get to this stage.

Is this normal the quick processing times for Perth compared to other states or is it just luck?

I heard the whole process from start to finish was really stretched out and was expecting it to be months before I was sent for the test.

From the current trend it is normal to get test date in one month specially in Perth . Couple of more got their even citizenship application approved in 2-3 month or less then that in some cases. Congratulation to you for your appointment letter even you can reschedule your test if you want. Thanks 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, naviozz said:

From the current trend it is normal to get test date in one month specially in Perth . Couple of more got their even citizenship application approved in 2-3 month or less then that in some cases. Congratulation to you for your appointment letter even you can reschedule your test if you want. Thanks 

Thanks Naviozz! Excited as I’m happy my application is moving through the system and not sitting in limbo. How do you go about re-scheduling the appointment?

Are you located in Perth too?

Thanks 😊 

12 hours ago, naviozz said:

Just submit it. Once you submit your account will create . Under that account go to view detail button and then attach document button and attach it. Thanks 

what are the exact documents it required, doesn't really mentioned clearly on the online application form.
also if i submit now, is there like a windows time that i need to submit the documents? cause document like police clearance will at least take 2 week i believe.

12 hours ago, stevie129 said:

Thanks Naviozz! Excited as I’m happy my application is moving through the system and not sitting in limbo. How do you go about re-scheduling the appointment?

Are you located in Perth too?

Thanks 😊 

Hey mate, 

Congrats on your speedy processing!

To reschedule the appointment, follow this link: https://appointments.homeaffairs.gov.au/login

Client ID is an 11-digit number listed in all communications from the Department. 

Good luck, and have a great Christmas!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gwheng said:

what are the exact documents it required, doesn't really mentioned clearly on the online application form.
also if i submit now, is there like a windows time that i need to submit the documents? cause document like police clearance will at least take 2 week i believe.

You can create an account and submit the required documents later, there is nothing riding on you to attach ALL the documents at the time of application. Just make sure you attach them asap once you get hold of them. 

The Department will request a National Police check from the National Police Checking Service (NPCS) themselves.

You only need to attach an overseas Police Clearance certificate if conditions from the list below are applicable to your situation.

Penal clearance certificates from overseas countries are required if:

• you lived or travelled outside Australia since the age of 18 years or over, and

• you held a permanent Australian visa at that timeand

• the total time spent outside Australia added up to 12 months or more, and

• the time spent in any one country was more than 90 days,

or

• requested by the Department.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Georgiegie said:

You can create an account and submit the required documents later, there is nothing riding on you to attach ALL the documents at the time of application. Just make sure you attach them asap once you get hold of them. 

The Department will request a National Police check from the National Police Checking Service (NPCS) themselves.

You only need to attach an overseas Police Clearance certificate if conditions from the list below are applicable to your situation.

Penal clearance certificates from overseas countries are required if:

• you lived or travelled outside Australia since the age of 18 years or over, and

• you held a permanent Australian visa at that timeand

• the total time spent outside Australia added up to 12 months or more, and

• the time spent in any one country was more than 90 days,

or

• requested by the Department.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

thanks Georgiegie, i will go thought them again today and get everything finalize soon.

Only if ALL of the below conditionds apply to your situation: 

• you held a permanent Australian visaand
  • you travelled to Malaysia after you got your PR visa and stayed there more than 90 days, and
  • you were over 18 years old at that time, and 
  • the total time spent outside Australia added up to 12 months or more (while you held a PR visa)

Also, this is not only applicable to your country of origin (Malaysia) - you need an overseas PC from ANY country

• in which you stayed for more that 90 days after you got your PR if
  • the total time spent outside Australia added up to 12 months or more (while you held a PR visa)

Hope this makes it a bit more clear. Good luck with you application and further processing!

On 17/12/2019 at 11:25, Indianinoz said:

Question from citizenship application form: Has the applicant been convicted of, or found guilty of, any offences overseas or in Australia (include
all traffic offences which went to court, including offences declared in your permanent residence
application, and any 'spent' convictions)?

Query: Do we need to also include traffic offences like speeding fine or crossing red signals? These are normal traffic offences which don't go to court.

Hello all,

Anybody who can guide me with respect to the above point in application form please? Thanks

1 hour ago, Georgiegie said:

Only if ALL of the below conditionds apply to your situation: 

• you held a permanent Australian visaand
  • you travelled to Malaysia after you got your PR visa and stayed there more than 90 days, and
  • you were over 18 years old at that time, and 

Also, this is not only applicable to your country of origin (Malaysia) - you need an overseas PC from ANY country

• in which you stayed for more that 90 days after you got your PR if

Hope this makes it a bit more clear. Good luck with you application and further processing!

thanks for your clarification.

it makes things easier now, as i don't meet all of them, i have my PR but didn't stay in a country outside Australia more than 90 days.

30 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Hello all,

Anybody who can guide me with respect to the above point in application form please? Thanks

i've asked this before when doing my PR and was told traffic infringement offence doesn't need to be include, and i didn't so i assume it will apply the same logic for citizenship.

maybe someone here can confirm. 

59 minutes ago, Jimmy P said:

Final update from me...

Citizenship Test 2 September 2019

Ceremony 26 January 2020

Moreton Bay Council (daughters have theirs in Brisbane on same day)

sounds like quick , when did you submit your application and when got told to sit for you test?