AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

10 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Thanks. Is there a way to track online if application has moved to appointment letter? What if we miss the email or if the email goes to SPAM?

Click on View Details, Citizenship appointments and it will show the date and time. If you go to your messages, it will also show all correspondences including the appointment letter.

72FCA301-58D4-48AB-9DB7-363F433937FC.jpeg

Edited by daiz33
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daiz33 said:

Date of Application: 16 Oct 2019
Appointment Letter:  11 Dec 2019

Interview and Test Date: 8 April 2020 (Melbourne)

Very exciting! Does anyone know what the interview is like ? How long is it?

The interview is relatively straightforward.

They asked for my passport, driving licence and Medicare card.

From this the lady asked where I had traveled since I gained PR (she could see the details her screen).

After that she checked and scanned my Birth Certificate - then took me to do the test.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dsdrussell said:

The interview is relatively straightforward.

They asked for my passport, driving licence and Medicare card.

From this the lady asked where I had traveled since I gained PR (she could see the details her screen).

After that she checked and scanned my Birth Certificate - then took me to do the test.

Thanks for the heads up !

8 hours ago, pavy said:

Kindly share your timeline please.  I did apply citizenship in 25/10/2018 .no update yet . 

application lodged 10/08/2019

letter for test got on 21/10/2019 test  was on 21/02/2020

changed same day to 23/10/2019

application approved 01/11/2019

Melbourne hume council ceremony ..... waiting

3 hours ago, Rvee said:

application lodged 10/08/2019

letter for test got on 21/10/2019 test  was on 21/02/2020

changed same day to 23/10/2019

application approved 01/11/2019

Melbourne hume council ceremony ..... waiting

Congratulations mate. that’s too quick. i applied on 26 sept but couldn’t make it on australian day.

18 hours ago, daiz33 said:

Click on View Details, Citizenship appointments and it will show the date and time. If you go to your messages, it will also show all correspondences including the appointment letter.

72FCA301-58D4-48AB-9DB7-363F433937FC.jpeg

I can't see Citizenship appointment so it possibly opens up when one gets invitation letter. Where can I find messages?

Also, do all applicants of family get a consolidated appointment letter? Or if different, I believe the appointment date is the same? Me and wife applied at a gap of 4 days from each other.

4 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

I can't see Citizenship appointment so it possibly opens up when one gets invitation letter. Where can I find messages?

Also, do all applicants of family get a consolidated appointment letter? Or if different, I believe the appointment date is the same? Me and wife applied at a gap of 4 days from each other.

Hi. Applications are managed individually. Each of you will get separate communications, appointment for interview and test could be on the same date or not but again will definitely be an individual interview for each applicant. For the ceremony you can link your applications. If you do this then you both will be invited to the same ceremony. Don't worry if you didn't link your applications before submitting them, you can just call the department and ask the applications to b linked.  You will receive a confirmation email a few days after. I did this for me and my wife and we are attending the same ceremony.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Hi, just wondering do under 16 years child need to attend at the appointment test? i got 5 years old child but not sure he has to be there with parents as he also included in one parent. anyone had the experience please reply.

Thanks

On 14/12/2019 at 18:06, rammygirl said:

For what country do you need a check?  You do not need to do an Australian one as this will be done as part of the process on your behalf.  You only need a check for any other country where you have spent 12 months or more since getting PR. It is clear in the information for each country how to get a check.

I need PCC for Kuwait as I spent more than a year after PR 🙄

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone experiencing significant delays with ceremony. I received my approval on 1st of October and since then I am waiting. I contacted my city council two weeks ago to confirm if they received my information from DIBP and if I can expect to be included in Australian day ceremony. What a shock it was when council replied back and advised that last update they received from DIBP was for people who got approved in August and earlier. Meaning that there is a waiting list of 4 months and DIBP not even bothering to send information to council. Obviously, council advised me to contact Ceremony WA <ceremony.wa@homeaffairs.gov.au>. If anyone tried, you probably saw rudest automatic reply possible.

City council: City of Melville in Perth.

I was wondering if anyone in Perth is waiting for such a long time for ceremony. their website suggests 5 months from approval to ceremony, but obviously it is not the case here.

37 minutes ago, djmalik said:

I need PCC for Kuwait as I spent more than a year after PR 🙄

The auspost ones are not acceptable for immigration purposes.  If you look on the gov website it explains you must apply to Kuwait either in person or using a representative for a police check.  They also say that they use these people as service representatives in certain countries including Kuwait.  Maybe contact them and ask.  https://www.vfsglobal.com/Australia/GCC/

Hi All,  need some clarification

Date of application: 11/11/2019

Date of test email: Awaiting 

As I don't have birth certificate so just uploaded Passport as birth evidence. One of my friend just appeared in Interview test and he suggested me to upload additional document(High School Education Marksheet (10th Class) - which is also considered as birth certificate in India).

Is Passport not sufficient for above? Or should I wait for officer to ask for it Or should I do upload High School Marksheet?  

Appreciate your valuable comments.

Ravi

16 minutes ago, Ravi2019 said:

Hi All,  need some clarification

Date of application: 11/11/2019

Date of test email: Awaiting 

As I don't have birth certificate so just uploaded Passport as birth evidence. One of my friend just appeared in Interview test and he suggested me to upload additional document(High School Education Marksheet (10th Class) - which is also considered as birth certificate in India).

Is Passport not sufficient for above? Or should I wait for officer to ask for it Or should I do upload High School Marksheet?  

Appreciate your valuable comments.

Ravi

Both me and my partner have been asked to supply birth certificate at the interview. I requested new one specifically for citizenship application and her parents found her original one. Unsure about school marksheet though...

Also, this is what document list sates:

Evidence of your birth name, date of birth, gender

Full birth certificate with details of parent(s) - commemorative birth certificates not accepted

Family registration document with details of parent(s)

3 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Both me and my partner have been asked to supply birth certificate at the interview. I requested new one specifically for citizenship application and her parents found her original one. Unsure about school marksheet though...

Also, this is what document list sates:

Evidence of your birth name, date of birth, gender

Full birth certificate with details of parent(s) - commemorative birth certificates not accepted

Family registration document with details of parent(s)

Upload 10th marksheet( degree ( make sure it is in English)) in additional docs as I did it too. I have been told this from my friend who is citizen of Australia. He also did it when he applied his citizenship application. As in India who ever  born before 1987 don’t have birth certificate .

6 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone experiencing significant delays with ceremony. I received my approval on 1st of October and since then I am waiting. I contacted my city council two weeks ago to confirm if they received my information from DIBP and if I can expect to be included in Australian day ceremony. What a shock it was when council replied back and advised that last update they received from DIBP was for people who got approved in August and earlier. Meaning that there is a waiting list of 4 months and DIBP not even bothering to send information to council. Obviously, council advised me to contact Ceremony WA <ceremony.wa@homeaffairs.gov.au>. If anyone tried, you probably saw rudest automatic reply possible.

I was wondering if anyone in Perth is waiting for such a long time for ceremony. their website suggests 5 months from approval to ceremony, but obviously it is not the case here.

You may try to contact your council/MLA directly with a compelling, persuasive and very well-argumented reason (supported by documentary evidence) as to why you're in dire need of your citizenship ceremony being expedited (e.g., you have received an offer from a university with Feb 20 start, and you need your citizenship approved asap in order to get access to HECS loan scheme; you are stateless and your relative overseas is very unwell and you need to apply for a passport, etc.). 

Hope it works out for you!

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone experiencing significant delays with ceremony. I received my approval on 1st of October and since then I am waiting. I contacted my city council two weeks ago to confirm if they received my information from DIBP and if I can expect to be included in Australian day ceremony. What a shock it was when council replied back and advised that last update they received from DIBP was for people who got approved in August and earlier. Meaning that there is a waiting list of 4 months and DIBP not even bothering to send information to council. Obviously, council advised me to contact Ceremony WA ceremony.wa@homeaffairs.gov.au>. If anyone tried, you probably saw rudest automatic reply possible.

I don’t think this is unusual at the moment. The big backlog created during Peter Duttons halt on applications has caused delays through the whole process. My OH was approved in July, he apparently has been ‘tentatively added, subject to change’ to an Australia Day ceremony. I was approved a couple of months later and have not so far been added to this tentative Australia Day ceremony.

On 15/12/2019 at 21:25, KazBaker said:

Hi guys,

Do you know how can i order the free Australian citizenship test book(with CD). can anyone send me the link to order.

You can download a copy of "Our common Bond" from here

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship-subsite/files/our-common-bond.pdf

Also if you visit any council library , you can borrow a copy of this.

To practice test, there are many online resource available including below.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/prepare-for-test/practice-test

1 hour ago, Lasanga Herath said:

You can download a copy of "Our common Bond" from here

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship-subsite/files/our-common-bond.pdf

Also if you visit any council library , you can borrow a copy of this.

To practice test, there are many online resource available including below.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/prepare-for-test/practice-test

Thanks for sharing this Lasanga. Are all questions from 'Our common Bond'?