AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

40 minutes ago, pegasus said:

Hello All!

I am readying my citizenship application, and I discovered this:

My birth certificate only has my initials abbreviated, while not in other docs.

Ex: Birth certificate reads A.B.Charles, while my passport and all other identity documents show my full name as Alfred Benjamin Charles. 

Will that be a problem come time for citizenship interview? Has anyone faced this problem before? Please let me know!

That should not be a problem. I had the same issue. Still had my citizenship approved on the same day.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pegasus said:

Hello All!

I am readying my citizenship application, and I discovered this:

My birth certificate only has my initials abbreviated, while not in other docs.

Ex: Birth certificate reads A.B.Charles, while my passport and all other identity documents show my full name as Alfred Benjamin Charles. 

Will that be a problem come time for citizenship interview? Has anyone faced this problem before? Please let me know!

I had the exact opposite problem.

My given names in my birth certificate are typed in full (e.g. Alfred Benjamin Charles).

All my other ID documents (passport, driver licence, etc...) have my middle names typed as initials (e.g. Alfred B C).

I did not face any problem & my application was approved. Nevertheless, my case officer told me that my given names on the citizenship certificate will be typed as it appears on my passport (i.e. Alfred B C), which is not an issue for me.

• Like 1

My husband applied for Citizenship in May 2019 on line attaching all the documents required. In November he received an email asking for further information as the surname on his birth certificate was listed as his fathers middle name, we had not even noticed that our selves. He got asked to provide proof from an early age of the surname he has always used. We had already sent all the passports both up to date & expired & a copy of his RRV. all in the name he has always used He even went & made a statutory declaration signed by a JP & forwarded a copy of a page from his mothers expired British passport in 1965 stating the full name of herself & my husbands father. We are still to to hear back if the documents provided are sufficient to proof his ID. has anyone else had this problem or similar, if so how long does it take to get a response after forwarding the information. I might add we have been permanent residents since 1988. 

Update:

Today 02 Dec i received email from DOHS about our test date. 

Application: 26/09/2019 (me with kids &wife 3peoples)

Test invited on: 02/12/19(both)

Test Date: 25/02/2020(both)

Changed test date: 28/02/2020 (both)

Not a bad progress, i received invitation after 66 days i applied citizenship. 

• Congratulations 1

Hello all,

I am very thankful for this website as it was quite helpful during my PR days.  I have a question to ask for my citizenship now. I am eligible for my citizenship now but have to travel to the home country during the Christmas break. Would It be better to apply after coming back to Australia? What is the general procedure if we travel due to work purposes after we apply for our application?

Sorry if this question was answered before. I am not in any rush but only worried if there going to be any immigration changes in this one month.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Rising said:

Hello all,

I am very thankful for this website as it was quite helpful during my PR days.  I have a question to ask for my citizenship now. I am eligible for my citizenship now but have to travel to the home country during the Christmas break. Would It be better to apply after coming back to Australia? What is the general procedure if we travel due to work purposes after we apply for our application?

Sorry if this question was answered before. I am not in any rush but only worried if there going to be any immigration changes in this one month.

Thanks.

the citizenship application ask you to provide future travel plans. so still you can submit your application with the future travel arrangements which already you made. Any unplanned travel, You can let case officer knows (Through the immi account)

8 minutes ago, Lasanga Herath said:

the citizenship application ask you to provide future travel plans. so still you can submit your application with the future travel arrangements which already you made. Any unplanned travel, You can let case officer knows (Through the immi account)

Thank you for your prompt response.

On 13/11/2019 at 18:27, Jacaranda91 said:

Just wanted to share my timeline:

date of application: 24/02/2019

date of test email: 12/11/2019

initial test date: 16/12/2019

rescheduled test date:13/11/2019

date of approval: 13/11/2019

date of ceremony: Waiting

good luck to everyone 🤞🤞

Hi Jacaranda, 

Did you reschedule online or by call? 

Thank you 

On 20/11/2019 at 07:19, littledumpling said:

So do we get invitations by mail only? I’m moving houses this week a bit afraid of miss the mail.

You can always redirect your mail to your new address. 

what you need to do is, go you your local post office and ask them for "mail redirection service" and give them your new address. this service is valid for one year, means any mail coming to you in the next one year will go directly to your new nominated address. 

However, it will cost you some money. I think it's 50 or 60$. not sure used it 3 years ago. 

14 hours ago, Rising said:

Hello all,

Thanks.

Hi Rising, 

No need to worry about changes in the citizenship grant process - it can only be altered by amending Australian Migration Act 1958, and currently there are no Bills pending in Federal parliament attempting to do this.

All the best with your application!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Feb2017Cook said:

Got my appointment letter today. Below is the timeline:

Applied : 01 November 2019

More docs req : 12 November 2019

Appointment letter received : 04 Dec 2019

Test Date : 03 Feb 2020 (will try to reschedule later)

Place : City of Perth, WA.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Hi Feb2017Cook,

Does appointment notification come in the form of a physical letter I should be looking out for in my mail, or is it an email? 

Are there any notifications in the immiaccount?

Cheers.

22 minutes ago, Georgiegie said:

Hi Feb2017Cook,

Does appointment notification come in the form of a physical letter I should be looking out for in my mail, or is it an email? 

Are there any notifications in the immiaccount?

Cheers.

It was via email that you registered on your application. There's no notifications on your Immiaccount. 

• Like 1

You can check all correspondences sent to your email address in the “messages” section of your immi-account. It should already have a copy of the acknowledgement email that you would have received after submitting the application. 

15 hours ago, Feb2017Cook said:

It was via email that you registered on your application. There's no notifications on your Immiaccount. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Feb2017Cook said:

Does anyone managed to reschedule appointments for citizenship test from Perth? I've been trying for 3 days no luck. 

I’ve been trying too. I applied on 7 November and have received my invite for 6 February. Wanted to reschedule for sooner but no availability at all.

7 hours ago, rosiedoe said:

I’ve been trying too. I applied on 7 November and have received my invite for 6 February. Wanted to reschedule for sooner but no availability at all.

Well, for me February is not too bad. 2 months away. More time to prepare. Will keep trying to reschedule though.