AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi Guys
Starting the process of applying for Citizenship.. Can anyone please tell me at what stage I should apply for my UK police clearance certificate? (As I spent a bit of time in the UK)

Should I apply for it now and upload it with my online application? Or do I need to wait for immigration to tell me to get it at a particular stage in the process?
i assume that uploading the police clearance online is the correct way to provide this clearance?

Thanks in advance

As I understand it, you will be asked at some point in the process-no point doing it in advance as you don’t know how long the processing times will be.
  • Like 3

*****FURTHER UPDATE******

City/Council area - CITY OF CASEY
Online / Paper - ONLINE
Date of Application - 16-AUG-2019
Date of email - 21-OCT-2019

Original Test date - 03-Mar-2020

Reschedule test date - 08-Nov-2019

Test Pass - 8-Nov-2019

Approval - 8-Nov-2019

I just pass the test with full score and literally 5 minutes after the test, got approved.  They also told me that the ceremony will be probably within 3 months. Seems we are looking for Australian Day 2020.

Edited by Lasanga Herath
date correction
  • Congratulations 4

Hi Guys. New to the forum. Just thought I would post my timeline and see what you thoughts are?

CITY/AREA : ALICE SPRINGS 

ONLINE / PAPER : ONLINE

DATE OF APPLICATION : 17/10/2019

DATE OF EMAIL : 3/11/2019

TEST DATE 10/12/2019

What do you think my chances of and Australia Day Ceremony are?

Cheers

🍻

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

5 hours ago, Braddz1 said:

Hi Guys. New to the forum. Just thought I would post my timeline and see what you thoughts are?

TEST DATE 10/12/2019

Cheers

🍻

Wow, congratulations. They have remembered NT, I hope it continues. Since you were invited for just two weeks of application, you can still be lucky to take part in Australia Day ceremony. The most important thing now is to do the interview and get approved before you can know if you will be included in the upcoming ceremony. 

On 06/11/2019 at 08:49, Prashant Shukla said:

Hi Georgiegie and Chris N Lora

I had a call with the citizenship 131881 helpline and they told me to fill 1023 and attach it to the application. 929 is used for address, contact and passport details while 1022 is used for change in circumstances e.g. relationship etc.

Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying this. Good luck with your application!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Braddz1 said:

TEST DATE 10/12/2019

Cheers

🍻

Congratulations on your speedy processing! I hope you do have your ceremony on the special day!

On 07/11/2019 at 19:57, Feb2017Cook said:

Hi,

I submitted my application last week (1/11) from WA. Lets keep in the loop of the application movement. 

Hey Feb2017Cook and benj1980, I'm in Western Australia as well. Floreat, Town of Cambridge Council to be exact. Good luck with your applications, and I will keep you updated once news comes in!

• Like 2

Hi Guys. New to the forum. Just thought I would post my timeline and see what you thoughts are?

CITY/AREA : DARWIN

DATE OF APPLICATION : 16/04/2019

status still received 

I am not sure what’s happening, is it possible I can ask what’s the status and what possibly be there emails or contact details

7 hours ago, Feb2017Cook said:

I just received a request from DHA Perth to send form 1399 and form 80. Weird they ask me form 80 again as I did it for my PR. Maybe because the different processing office. Oh well. 🙂

On 10/11/2019 at 03:00, Georgiegie said:

Hey Feb2017Cook and benj1980, I'm in Western Australia as well. Floreat, Town of Cambridge Council to be exact. Good luck with your applications, and I will keep you updated once news comes in!

Hey guys. I too applied in WA last week (7/11).

would be great to keep updated on our progress 😃

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rosiedoe said:

Hey guys. I too applied in WA last week (7/11).

would be great to keep updated on our progress 😃

Good luuuuuuuuck Rosie! Hope we all get processed really quickly here in WA, and maybe even have our citizenship ceremonies on Australia Day 2020! How cool would that be hey?!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jacaranda91 said:

Just wanted to share my timeline:

date of application: 24/02/2019

date of test email: 12/11/2019

initial test date: 16/12/2019

rescheduled test date:13/11/2019

date of approval: 13/11/2019

date of ceremony: Waiting

good luck to everyone 🤞🤞

Just the last step to go! 

Which council area are you in?

35 minutes ago, Ravi2019 said:

Hi all,

My time line for Citizenship 

Application dater  1o/11/2019 in Maningham Council and status as Received 

Just want to check what will be next status Acknowledgement or In Progress ? and what are the time lines ?

Cheers!!!

Ravi

Citizenship application status usually only goes from Received to Approved as far as i'm aware

Hello everyone my citizenship is due on 13 th December and my expired passport is stolen somewhere I tried a lot but havnt got it so my question is how can I provide proof for first entry to Australia without passport please suggest if anybody face same issues thanks 

5 hours ago, Ravi2019 said:

Hi all,

My time line for Citizenship 

Application dater  1o/11/2019 in Maningham Council and status as Received 

Just want to check what will be next status Acknowledgement or In Progress ? and what are the time lines ?

Cheers!!!

Ravi

Mine went from received to Further Assesment and is still on Further Assesment 

1 hour ago, Rajasr said:

Hello everyone my citizenship is due on 13 th December and my expired passport is stolen somewhere I tried a lot but havnt got it so my question is how can I provide proof for first entry to Australia without passport please suggest if anybody face same issues thanks 

Believe you can contact immigration for a movement record. Not sure the exact steps but should be somewhere online. Where you can find the information on how to get your travel records. 

Form 1359 is the request for international movement records. They reply within about 10 days normally I think.

Hi guys

I can not find my expired passport to show proof of first entry into Australia. 

Is this proof really required to show them? Surely they would see when I first made entry in their system? 

All I have is the original expired 457 visa grant notification. The expired passport would have only had the date of entry stamped on it.

Thanks

17 hours ago, Rajasr said:

I did not face the same issue, but I think you can use form 1359 (Request for International Movement Record) to prove your first entry date to Australia. 

You should fill the form and send it with proof of your identity (i.e driver licence) to request.movement@homeaffairs.gov.au. It will take DoHA 14 business days (which equates to 3 calendar weeks) to get back to you with your movement record.

The movement record that DoHA will send to you will be a PDF file that looks like the attached screenshot. It will have all of your arrivals and departures to and from Australia within the time range that you specify in form 1359.

I submitted form 1359 twice in the past, and in both occasions I got my movement record in the 14th business days after I submitted the form. So I suggest you fill and send the form with your ID ASAP since your appointment is in 4 weeks. 

Movement Details.png

Edited by Milano