Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

FlashP5sub175

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, millski88 said:

Want to preface this with the fact that we have been *incredibly* lucky on our visa/migration journey in regards to turnaround times. I definitely did not expect this timeline or take this for granted.

But, this morning my citizenship flipped over to Approved too, after the OH's has end of last week. We're on the last straight! 

Congratulations!

I think you are from Moreland right? anyway, there is a very active whirlpool forum and they've just created a list of people waiting for ceremony by council

Moreland Council

Mikhel Approval:22 August 2019 Ceremony waiting
Mikhel's partner Approval:28 August 2019 Ceremony waiting
kokodajs Approved Sept10th, ceremony waiting

Link to the list https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/ceremony_backlog and the thread in case you want to have a look https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9w0vkxm3?p=1207

Cheers, the wait is almost over!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LAG said:

Congratulations!

I think you are from Moreland right? anyway, there is a very active whirlpool forum and they've just created a list of people waiting for ceremony by council

Moreland Council

Mikhel Approval:22 August 2019 Ceremony waiting
Mikhel's partner Approval:28 August 2019 Ceremony waiting
kokodajs Approved Sept10th, ceremony waiting

Link to the list https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/ceremony_backlog and the thread in case you want to have a look https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9w0vkxm3?p=1207

Cheers, the wait is almost over!

I am that's right! Are you too?

I'm not a member of whirlpool but i'll join up and add myself.

Thanks!

 

Tom


(2013) 417 Working Holiday
(2014) 417 Second Working Holiday 
(2015) 457 Temp Work Skilled (Marketing Specialist)
(2016) 457 Temp Work Skilled - Subsequent Entrant (De facto partner)
(2018) 186 ENS TRT (2 applicants, LR, Marketing Specialist)
(2019) Citizenship by Conferral 16/06/19 | Test email 02/09/19 | Test passed 17/10/19 | Approval: 29/10/19 | Ceremony: *waiting*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, millski88 said:

I am that's right! Are you too?

I'm not a member of whirlpool but i'll join up and add myself.

Thanks!

 

Tom

No, I'm from Monee Valley. According to their website the last ceremony for 2019 was last week. So I guess I'll wait until Australia day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LAG said:

No, I'm from Monee Valley. According to their website the last ceremony for 2019 was last week. So I guess I'll wait until Australia day.

Moreland seem to have them really regularly. Recently up to 4 per month, but the page on the council website hasn't been updated recently, so we'll see.

Based on a couple of other Moreland applicants, I'm seeing a rough wait of 3-4 months after approval. Fingers crossed!

  • Like 1

(2013) 417 Working Holiday
(2014) 417 Second Working Holiday 
(2015) 457 Temp Work Skilled (Marketing Specialist)
(2016) 457 Temp Work Skilled - Subsequent Entrant (De facto partner)
(2018) 186 ENS TRT (2 applicants, LR, Marketing Specialist)
(2019) Citizenship by Conferral 16/06/19 | Test email 02/09/19 | Test passed 17/10/19 | Approval: 29/10/19 | Ceremony: *waiting*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, millski88 said:

Want to preface this with the fact that we have been *incredibly* lucky on our visa/migration journey in regards to turnaround times. I definitely did not expect this timeline or take this for granted.

But, this morning my citizenship flipped over to Approved too, after the OH's has end of last week. We're on the last straight!

 

image.png.9008f5f81cf11318da3be84554997f67.png

Hi millski88

congratulations 

i hv 1 qstion ?

did u get any notification from immi ? Once u get application approved?

or it just automatically changed on immi account ? 

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any one waiting for their ceremony in Wyndham Council, Melbourne? Any idea how long does it take for them to call after the citizenship is approved? Mine was approved in August and no news until now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rvee said:

Hi millski88

congratulations 

i hv 1 qstion ?

did u get any notification from immi ? Once u get application approved?

or it just automatically changed on immi account ? 

thanks.

You don't get a notification, it just changes automatically then about 10 days later your letter arrives. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shaundennis said:

You don't get a notification, it just changes automatically then about 10 days later your letter arrives. 

Thanks 🙏 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my friend applied in july got his test etc done in October and attending the ceremony in November 2019. That’s the fastest I have ever seen.

 

  • Like 2

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prashant Shukla said:

One of my friend applied in july got his test etc done in October and attending the ceremony in November 2019. That’s the fastest I have ever seen.

 

Awesome! What area?


(2013) 417 Working Holiday
(2014) 417 Second Working Holiday 
(2015) 457 Temp Work Skilled (Marketing Specialist)
(2016) 457 Temp Work Skilled - Subsequent Entrant (De facto partner)
(2018) 186 ENS TRT (2 applicants, LR, Marketing Specialist)
(2019) Citizenship by Conferral 16/06/19 | Test email 02/09/19 | Test passed 17/10/19 | Approval: 29/10/19 | Ceremony: *waiting*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks new to this forum, just curious about my application if expert members will be able to answer will be thankful.I submitted my application on 28-January-2019 (Western Australia Pilbara Region) and until now i haven,t received  any update on Immi account. I am not sure about post due to fifo work maybe i miss the post but at least something should be updated on Immi account?

Should i contact them or just keep waiting?
           

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RIZWA said:

Hi folks new to this forum, just curious about my application if expert members will be able to answer will be thankful.I submitted my application on 28-January-2019 (Western Australia Pilbara Region) and until now i haven,t received  any update on Immi account. I am not sure about post due to fifo work maybe i miss the post but at least something should be updated on Immi account?

Should i contact them or just keep waiting?
           

Hi Rizwa, I guess there is no harm on calling the helpline and asking. Probably you get the standard answer that your application is within the published waiting time. But if it helps you feel better that at least you did something, I'll say go for it.

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I travel multiple times per year with my company for business and it's all HR countries, will that be affecting the process time?

does that mean the border and security department will have to investigate my file every time I go for an overseas trip? 

Edited by Mazen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 11:13, 187 june16 said:

Any one received ceremony invitation from Gold Coast City Council or any idea about next coming ceremony?

thanks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone 

Anyone waiting for citizenship from October 2018 ? 

I have applied on 25 October 2018 with my partner.  She has done her exam and approved.  

Mine has not got any movement since 25/10/2018 . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi friends 

just saw on immi account citizenship has been approved.

application lodged 10/08/2019

letter for test got on 21/10/2019 test  was on 21/02/2020

changed same day to 23/10/2019

application approved 01/11/2019

Melbourne hume council ceremony ..... waiting 

 

  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys

Seems like I have done the following mistakes unknowingly on my application:

My brother’s name (last name is first name)

My parents DOB

**Parents and brother are not part of my application, there info was required under family details.

 

How can i get it rectified and what are the consequences?

 

Thanks for your help!

 


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Prashant Shukla said:

Hi Guys

Seems like I have done the following mistakes unknowingly on my application:

My brother’s name (last name is first name)

My parents DOB

**Parents and brother are not part of my application, there info was required under family details.

 

How can i get it rectified and what are the consequences?

 

Thanks for your help!

 

Firstly do not stress, I believe you need a form 929, change of detail's. passport /Address etc... attached  a covering letter with you TRN or Citizenship application number with it and advise the dept of the simple error.  people make mistakes all the time they are used to it. ( ensure you have all legitimate proof to show the error.  if its already uploaded tell them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firstly do not stress, I believe you need a form 929, change of detail's. passport /Address etc... attached  a covering letter with you TRN or Citizenship application number with it and advise the dept of the simple error.  people make mistakes all the time they are used to it. ( ensure you have all legitimate proof to show the error.  if its already uploaded tell them. 

 

Thanks for replying!

Yes I have submitted it already.

Immi account only shows to update passport, address and email update.

I can download 929 but where to send it.

Thanks for your help!

  • Like 1

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/11/2019 at 13:23, Prashant Shukla said:

 

Thanks for replying!

Yes I have submitted it already.

Immi account only shows to update passport, address and email update.

I can download 929 but where to send it.

Thanks for your help!

You can return this completed form and attachments by email to 929@homeaffairs.gov.au

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Georgiegie said:

You can return this completed form and attachments by email to 929@homeaffairs.gov.au

Hi Georgiegie and Chris N Lora

I had a call with the citizenship 131881 helpline and they told me to fill 1023 and attach it to the application. 929 is used for address, contact and passport details while 1022 is used for change in circumstances e.g. relationship etc.

Thanks!

 


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2019 at 15:53, Rvee said:

Hi friends 

just saw on immi account citizenship has been approved.

application lodged 10/08/2019

letter for test got on 21/10/2019 test  was on 21/02/2020

changed same day to 23/10/2019

application approved 01/11/2019

Melbourne hume council ceremony ..... waiting 

 

Congratulations - just the last hurdle now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just adding my name to the timeline. I have just submitted my application  - Western Australia.


AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, benj1980 said:

Just adding my name to the timeline. I have just submitted my application  - Western Australia.

Hi,

I submitted my application last week (1/11) from WA. Lets keep in the loop of the application movement. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×