AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

2 minutes ago, LAG said:

Congratulations!

I think you are from Moreland right? anyway, there is a very active whirlpool forum and they've just created a list of people waiting for ceremony by council

Moreland Council

Mikhel Approval:22 August 2019 Ceremony waiting
Mikhel's partner Approval:28 August 2019 Ceremony waiting
kokodajs Approved Sept10th, ceremony waiting

Link to the list https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/ceremony_backlog and the thread in case you want to have a look https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9w0vkxm3?p=1207

Cheers, the wait is almost over!

I am that's right! Are you too?

I'm not a member of whirlpool but i'll join up and add myself.

Thanks!

Tom

7 minutes ago, millski88 said:

I am that's right! Are you too?

I'm not a member of whirlpool but i'll join up and add myself.

Thanks!

Tom

No, I'm from Monee Valley. According to their website the last ceremony for 2019 was last week. So I guess I'll wait until Australia day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LAG said:

No, I'm from Monee Valley. According to their website the last ceremony for 2019 was last week. So I guess I'll wait until Australia day.

Moreland seem to have them really regularly. Recently up to 4 per month, but the page on the council website hasn't been updated recently, so we'll see.

Based on a couple of other Moreland applicants, I'm seeing a rough wait of 3-4 months after approval. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, millski88 said:

Want to preface this with the fact that we have been *incredibly* lucky on our visa/migration journey in regards to turnaround times. I definitely did not expect this timeline or take this for granted.

But, this morning my citizenship flipped over to Approved too, after the OH's has end of last week. We're on the last straight!

image.png.9008f5f81cf11318da3be84554997f67.png

Hi millski88

congratulations 

i hv 1 qstion ?

did u get any notification from immi ? Once u get application approved?

or it just automatically changed on immi account ? 

thanks.

3 hours ago, Rvee said:

Hi millski88

congratulations 

i hv 1 qstion ?

did u get any notification from immi ? Once u get application approved?

or it just automatically changed on immi account ? 

thanks.

You don't get a notification, it just changes automatically then about 10 days later your letter arrives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi folks new to this forum, just curious about my application if expert members will be able to answer will be thankful.I submitted my application on 28-January-2019 (Western Australia Pilbara Region) and until now i haven,t received  any update on Immi account. I am not sure about post due to fifo work maybe i miss the post but at least something should be updated on Immi account?

Should i contact them or just keep waiting?

38 minutes ago, RIZWA said:

Hi folks new to this forum, just curious about my application if expert members will be able to answer will be thankful.I submitted my application on 28-January-2019 (Western Australia Pilbara Region) and until now i haven,t received  any update on Immi account. I am not sure about post due to fifo work maybe i miss the post but at least something should be updated on Immi account?

Should i contact them or just keep waiting?

Hi Rizwa, I guess there is no harm on calling the helpline and asking. Probably you get the standard answer that your application is within the published waiting time. But if it helps you feel better that at least you did something, I'll say go for it.

Good luck.

I travel multiple times per year with my company for business and it's all HR countries, will that be affecting the process time?

does that mean the border and security department will have to investigate my file every time I go for an overseas trip? 

Edited by Mazen

Hi friends 

just saw on immi account citizenship has been approved.

application lodged 10/08/2019

letter for test got on 21/10/2019 test  was on 21/02/2020

changed same day to 23/10/2019

application approved 01/11/2019

Melbourne hume council ceremony ..... waiting 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

Hi Guys

Seems like I have done the following mistakes unknowingly on my application:

My brother’s name (last name is first name)

My parents DOB

**Parents and brother are not part of my application, there info was required under family details.

How can i get it rectified and what are the consequences?

Thanks for your help!

7 hours ago, Prashant Shukla said:

Hi Guys

Seems like I have done the following mistakes unknowingly on my application:

My brother’s name (last name is first name)

My parents DOB

**Parents and brother are not part of my application, there info was required under family details.

How can i get it rectified and what are the consequences?

Thanks for your help!

Firstly do not stress, I believe you need a form 929, change of detail's. passport /Address etc... attached  a covering letter with you TRN or Citizenship application number with it and advise the dept of the simple error.  people make mistakes all the time they are used to it. ( ensure you have all legitimate proof to show the error.  if its already uploaded tell them. 

• Like 1

Firstly do not stress, I believe you need a form 929, change of detail's. passport /Address etc... attached  a covering letter with you TRN or Citizenship application number with it and advise the dept of the simple error.  people make mistakes all the time they are used to it. ( ensure you have all legitimate proof to show the error.  if its already uploaded tell them. 

Thanks for replying!

Yes I have submitted it already.

Immi account only shows to update passport, address and email update.

I can download 929 but where to send it.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

On 02/11/2019 at 13:23, Prashant Shukla said:

Thanks for replying!

Yes I have submitted it already.

Immi account only shows to update passport, address and email update.

I can download 929 but where to send it.

Thanks for your help!

You can return this completed form and attachments by email to 929@homeaffairs.gov.au

7 hours ago, Georgiegie said:

You can return this completed form and attachments by email to 929@homeaffairs.gov.au

Hi Georgiegie and Chris N Lora

I had a call with the citizenship 131881 helpline and they told me to fill 1023 and attach it to the application. 929 is used for address, contact and passport details while 1022 is used for change in circumstances e.g. relationship etc.

Thanks!

On 01/11/2019 at 15:53, Rvee said:

Hi friends 

just saw on immi account citizenship has been approved.

application lodged 10/08/2019

letter for test got on 21/10/2019 test  was on 21/02/2020

changed same day to 23/10/2019

application approved 01/11/2019

Melbourne hume council ceremony ..... waiting 

Congratulations - just the last hurdle now!

Hi Guys

Starting the process of applying for Citizenship.. Can anyone please tell me at what stage I should apply for my UK police clearance certificate? (As I spent a bit of time in the UK)

Should I apply for it now and upload it with my online application? Or do I need to wait for immigration to tell me to get it at a particular stage in the process?

i assume that uploading the police clearance online is the correct way to provide this clearance?

Thanks in advance