AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi I just logged on to my immi account and my application was approved on the 3rd of October, 2 months after I passed my test :) I also didn’t realise my address was different in my immi account, do you think they would of already sent a letter out? If so how do I contact them about this? 

Have you updated your address on Immi now?
Your approval is one thing, you know you are approved now anyway (Congratulations by the way!!), but your Citizenship Appointment may be another matter, I was told my Council only send a letter so no email or anything.
There is an update details option on your Immi account I believe.

On 21/08/2019 at 13:05, shaundennis said:

Just sharing my timeline - Citizenship test next Wednesday 🙂

Came to Australia in 2015 on a 457 Visa and then gained permanent residency (189) in 2016. 

Date applied - 14/06/2019

City/Council area - Whyalla, South Australia

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 14/06/2019

Email received 16/07/2019 with date for citizenship test 

Date of the Citizenship Test - 28/08/2019 

Date of approval on immi site   - TBA

Date of ceremony - TBA

Type of ceremony - TBA

Approved today 117 days from application to approval. Just need to organise a ceremony now.

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

Thanks - wonder why they don't just stick to email! Is there any chance that you have a list of documents that are required for the application, along with any tips? I'm currently on PR 186 visa (just a single applicant)... I hear you have to state every holiday you've been on since the age of 18 which is slightly daunting. 

I’m 50 and have travelled A LOT for business and pleasure since I was 18.
I literally had hundreds, if not more, of travel movements so I phoned them to clarify when I was completing my application.
They said only the last 10 years were relevant (which was still about 7 pages of my application)
It was fairly easy in the end though because I’d had to provide 5 years worth for my PR (because I hadn’t been living in my country of citizenship) so had those records done.

It was just a really laborious task doing it online because the drop box options and tick boxes all had to be completed for each one.
I got bored doing it so even skipped some where I’d spent 1-2 days only in a country.

I don’t even know if they looked at it because no questions came back and my application was approved.

Hi - we recently (a little over a month ago) submitted our applications online. We have now received a request for additional documents - current and valid original police clearance certificate to be brought at the time of interview (no date given). The PCC was already submitted along with the other documents in September itself.

A couple of questions and I would really appreciate any help in this regard:

1. We received the PCC from Dubai by email despite requesting a hard copy of the same. I have an email from Dubai CID stating they don't issue a PCC on paper. Also, this PCC states it is valid only for 3 months from date of issue. I am now concerned because (a) we have specifically been advised that DOHA need to see the "original" documents at the time of interview and (b) the certificate will no longer be valid even though it has been issued on September 2019. 

Anyone else faced this issue? What did you do? I really don't want to apply again (the process cost us USD 300) and it was extremely cumbersome.

2. Most people seem to get the request for additional documents after the test and interview. If like me, you received it before then when did you receive the date for test/interview?

Thanks.

A

Edited by Anyadxb
Typos

Hello everyone, we are eligible to apply for citizenship in Jan but am thinking ahead now.

Is it possible you can do the application and test in one state but attend the ceremony in another town or even state?

Basically we are going to set off on a lap of the country in a caravan and plan to do the application and test in Darwin but will most likely have left and am hoping we can attend a ceremony when we are on the move

Can I just ask, did anyone else get asked to mail their original police clearance certificate, even though you submitted a scanned copy with your online application?  I've been asked to mail mine but my husband hasn't.  I'm happy to do it, but it just seems a bit odd, especially as it means I'll then be without my original copy.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 08:15, Ruslan said:
  1. Date applied: 30/01/2019
  2. City/Council area: City of Melville, WA
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 30/01/2019
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 01/10/2019 (test appointment mail 23/05/2019). Passed
  6. Online Status - Approved on 02/10/2019
  7. Date of ceremony: Waiting for any official communication after test
  8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

All good people who patiently waiting for their applications to be approved, I noticed that there is only 1 ceremony left scheduled for this year in my city council which is on 21st of November and I will be away on holidays. Interviewing officer in DIBP made a note when I will be away from country...Does it mean that I won't receive my formal approval and ceremony letter because my city council got nothing scheduled for this year?

Official confirmation letter received on 11/10/2019 via post

**Update**

City/Council area - City brisbane 
Online / Paper - paper
 Date received the acknowledgement email - 28-June-2018
Date of the Citizenship Test - 15-Nov-2018
Citizenship approval letter - 10-July-2019
Date of ceremony - 14 Oct 2019 (I got the letter by mail 2weeks before the ceremony) 
 Type of ceremony -  Normal

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

I got my invite for test today. Following is my timeline.

City/Council area - Melbourne
Online / Paper - online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 06 -Aug-2019

Date of Test Invite - 16 OCT 2019
Date of the Citizenship Test - 27-FEB-2020
Citizenship approval letter - Waiting
Date of ceremony - Waiting 
Type of ceremony - Waiting

I am trying to reschedule my test but the portal is not showing any empty slots until after the current test date of 27th FEB 2020. Do they appear randomly. Should I keep checking? 

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

On 12/10/2019 at 08:26, Anyadxb said:

Most people seem to get the request for additional documents after the test and interview. If like me, you received it before then when did you receive the date for test/interview?

Received my request for more information on a Monday I believe. I submitted the Info via email and uploaded again on immi and got test invite the following Monday.

Edited by Tanwi

Dear Friends,

I have applied for Citizenship recently. my wife is pregnant and due in next month. How my new born will be citizen automatically? i heard new born to permanent residents will be automatically citizen. if this true, then how can i apply for him? is this the application of evidence of citizenship?

please guide me. Thanks 

On 08/10/2019 at 16:15, 07Nov2017 said:

I had to go through immigration global feedback and put in a query asking why my application has almost taken two years and still there’s no approval.

It seemed to me they had forgotten about my application, they replied to my query after 2 weeks saying that the application is approved today.

Congratulations! Did you follow this link for the global feedback?

12 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Dear Friends,

I have applied for Citizenship recently. my wife is pregnant and due in next month. How my new born will be citizen automatically? i heard new born to permanent residents will be automatically citizen. if this true, then how can i apply for him? is this the application of evidence of citizenship?

please guide me. Thanks 

Hi KazBaker,

Yes children born to PR parents are citizens. I know this firsthand, my daughter was born after I got PR. She already has her citizenship certificate and passport. Info here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/certificate/get-a-certificate#Eligibility The application process is very easy and quick. I got the certificate within a couple of days. With that you can then apply for a passport if that is what you need.

The question is if you need to update your citizenship application after your son is born?  Maybe call the department and check this with them.

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2019 at 15:15, 07Nov2017 said:

Ok guys after 23 months of waiting I can confirm my Citizenship application has been approved today!!! emoji322.pngemoji323.png
Applied in Nov 2017
Test passed in October 2018
Application approved in October 2019

I had to go through immigration global feedback and put in a query asking why my application has almost taken two years and still there’s no approval.

It seemed to me they had forgotten about my application, they replied to my query after 2 weeks saying that the application is approved today.

That's great. Wondering if I need to do the same. I might give it a go.

I applied at Brisbane City Council in April 2018, Test June 2019 and haven't heard a thing 😞 Just had to pay $410 for a residents return visa as I am going back to the UK and my PR has expired 😞 😞 😞 

That's great. Wondering if I need to do the same. I might give it a go.
I applied at Brisbane City Council in April 2018, Test June 2019 and haven't heard a thing [emoji20] Just had to pay $410 for a residents return visa as I am going back to the UK and my PR has expired [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] 

I’m in Brisbane, I did my test in May 2019 and only got my approval in October 2019. I doubt they’ve forgotten you, they are just particularly slow at the moment [emoji31]

2 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:

I’m in Brisbane, I did my test in May 2019 and only got my approval in October 2019. I doubt they’ve forgotten you, they are just particularly slow at the moment emoji31.png

It's frustrating to see people applying this year and already having been approved. I don't understand why they're not just processed in order. I thought mine was a pretty straight forward case.

Great that you've been approved. When's your ceremony?

• Like 1