AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

14 hours ago, imthedave said:

I’M APPROVED! emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

Applied online: 22/03/2019
Test invite: 24/06/2019
Test appointment date: 13/09/2019 (for both wife and I at same time as I linked the applications)
Test taken: 13/09/2019 @ 3.30pm in Melbourne CBD. 
Both passed 100%. I went first, wife went about 10 mins after.

Wife and Daughter approved immediately: 13/09/2019

Me approved: 30/09/2019

After all the crap we went through with my initial 457 and then PR with the government changing the goal posts for eligibility, age etc, to say I’m ecstatic would be an understatement!! emoji485.pngemoji485.pngemoji485.png

Congratulations - I am in a similar situation, my wife was approved last week (3 weeks after test), but I am still waiting. 

I think it just confirms there is no formula to when they process applications, I think it all depends where you are in the case managers 'pile'. 

Thankfully, we have no pressing need to get citizenship quickly so taking the view of it'll come through when it comes through. 

Congratulations again 🙂

On 23/09/2019 at 13:10, LouDYorkie said:

Applied online June 2018
Council Brisbane
Test May 2019
Approval September 2019
Ceremony TBA

No idea why it took so long between test and approval, no additional information requested.

Congrats, you’re doing better than me. I applied To Brisbane City Council in April 2018, test June 2019, still awaiting approval 😞 I guess I’m not really in a rush, my rush was to submit the application before I had my twins (because let’s face it, I’ll never get time to do anything ever! Haha)  but it’s just annoying now

• Like 1

Anyone on same boat as mine?
PR granted 17 MAR 2018 (189 NZ stream)
Conferral Applied : 22 MAR 2019 (Online)
Acknowledgement : received  22 MAR 2019
City : Sydney Bayside
Test Invite : waiting.....
Conferral applied 19/2/19
Test date.............11/6/19
Approval..............13/7/19
Ceremony.............waiting
Region..................Adelaide

Hi - any idea if there is any post involved in the citizenship process (from application through to ceremony) - just wondering as i think i'll be moving shortly after submitting my application and don't really want it to be delayed if post goes to my old address? Thanks!!

6 minutes ago, jamiew said:

Hi - any idea if there is any post involved in the citizenship process (from application through to ceremony) - just wondering as i think i'll be moving shortly after submitting my application and don't really want it to be delayed if post goes to my old address? Thanks!!

Yes once your application is approved you get an official letter outlining the approval and giving information regarding your ceremony.

However you can update your address via immi account.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/contact-details

Edited by shaundennis
More info

Yes once your application is approved you get an official letter outlining the approval and giving information regarding your ceremony.
You are right mate. but in our case ,we haven't received approval letter .its showing approved on my immi account its already been 3 monhts .me and my wife we both are waiting for approval letter

12 hours ago, shaundennis said:

Thanks - wonder why they don't just stick to email! Is there any chance that you have a list of documents that are required for the application, along with any tips? I'm currently on PR 186 visa (just a single applicant)... I hear you have to state every holiday you've been on since the age of 18 which is slightly daunting. 

1. Date applied: 30/01/2019
  2. City/Council area: City of Melville, WA
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 30/01/2019
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 01/10/2019 (test appointment mail 23/05/2019). Passed
  6. Online Status - Approved on 02/10/2019
  7. Date of ceremony: Waiting for any official communication after test
  8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

All good people who patiently waiting for their applications to be approved, I noticed that there is only 1 ceremony left scheduled for this year in my city council which is on 21st of November and I will be away on holidays. Interviewing officer in DIBP made a note when I will be away from country...Does it mean that I won't receive my formal approval and ceremony letter because my city council got nothing scheduled for this year?

5 hours ago, jamiew said:

Thanks - wonder why they don't just stick to email! Is there any chance that you have a list of documents that are required for the application, along with any tips? I'm currently on PR 186 visa (just a single applicant)... I hear you have to state every holiday you've been on since the age of 18 which is slightly daunting. 

You can find a list here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo 

If you click on show steps it outlines the documents, however you may not need them all, once you submit you are then able to upload documents and they highlight which documents they want based on your answers in the application. 

In regards to holidays - just try to be as accurate as you can. If you filled a form 80 for your PR dig that out as you will have answered a similar question. 

6 hours ago, shaundennis said:

You can find a list here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo 

If you click on show steps it outlines the documents, however you may not need them all, once you submit you are then able to upload documents and they highlight which documents they want based on your answers in the application. 

In regards to holidays - just try to be as accurate as you can. If you filled a form 80 for your PR dig that out as you will have answered a similar question. 

Many thanks - much appreciated!! 

Dear All, 

Can anyone guide me where exactly to find the list of documents to be ready with for the citizenship application. The link below just mentions to be ready with documents but doesn't mention which documents exactly. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo

I will be eligible to apply in Nov 2019. Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks!

Edited by syd2016
grammer

3 hours ago, syd2016 said:

Dear All, 

Can anyone guide me where exactly to find the list of documents to be ready with for the citizenship application. The link below just mentions to be ready with documents but doesn't mention which documents exactly. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo

I will be eligible to apply in Nov 2019. Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks!

If you click on the show steps on the right then next to each document expand it does stipulate which specific documents.

If those buttons are not working, try a different browser or device. 

Also after you've applied, your immi account will indicate which documents you need to upload. 

Screenshot_20191005-121813.png

Screenshot_20191005-121758.png

Edited by shaundennis
Uploaded screenshots

Recently got married and want to change my name. Currently have PR and applying for citizenship next May. Anyone find issues applying for citizenship after changing your name?

Have you changed your name in your visa, current passport, driving licence, ATO, Medicare and all the other places?
If it all matches the name you will apply for citizenship under, I’d expect you’d have no problems at all.
My name is different to my birth name-I just provided evidence of my name change, it was no problem at all.

1 minute ago, LouDYorkie said:

Have you changed your name in your visa, current passport, driving licence, ATO, Medicare and all the other places?
If it all matches the name you will apply for citizenship under, I’d expect you’d have no problems at all.
My name is different to my birth name-I just provided evidence of my name change, it was no problem at all.

Nope!! It all seems so daunting so I haven't lol

Is it worth doing now?

Ok guys after 23 months of waiting I can confirm my Citizenship application has been approved today!!! [emoji322][emoji323]
Applied in Nov 2017
Test passed in October 2018
Application approved in October 2019

I had to go through immigration global feedback and put in a query asking why my application has almost taken two years and still there’s no approval.

It seemed to me they had forgotten about my application, they replied to my query after 2 weeks saying that the application is approved today.

• Haha 1
  • Congratulations 2

Hi I just logged on to my immi account and my application was approved on the 3rd of October, 2 months after I passed my test :) I also didn’t realise my address was different in my immi account, do you think they would of already sent a letter out? If so how do I contact them about this? 

Ok guys after 23 months of waiting I can confirm my Citizenship application has been approved today!!! [emoji322][emoji323]
Applied in Nov 2017
Test passed in October 2018
Application approved in October 2019

I had to go through immigration global feedback and put in a query asking why my application has almost taken two years and still there’s no approval.

It seemed to me they had forgotten about my application, they replied to my query after 2 weeks saying that the application is approved today.

Very glad you’ve got approval but that is just terrible to have waited so long and seemingly been forgotten.
I saw a post from another forum member seemingly disagreeing with someone travelling abroad for a few months saying that they’d have been prepared to jump through hoops to get Citizenship, but that they waited a very short period of time by comparison. It got me a little angry because it seems to me many of us are prepared to jump through hoops, restrict our international travel etc to get our Citizenship but after years of meeting visa requirements then potentially two years of Citizenship drama for a process that was previously a matter of weeks (and you haven’t had your ceremony yet)-it really is an enormous ask not to mention stressful!!
Again-sincere congratulations, I hope your ceremony date arrives quickly [emoji1694]