Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Darley Dale

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, millski88 said:

 

Hey Garry

You do not fall in to a particular group. There is no criteria which says whether you'll be completed in the first 75 or 90% of applications.

These are simply statistics from the processing office to show the current workload and how it effects your estimated waiting time. It shows that 75% of the entire volume of applications are done in an estimated period of time, and 90% in another. This leaves 10% of applications which take longer than that (usually more complex applications). It is really only used for a rough guide, and many applicants will experience shorter (and some longer) time frames.

Think of it this way - if 75% of all applications are completed in 18 months, that means a big proportion of applications are presumably completed in less that 18 months.

It's currently:

Application to decision

  • 75% - 14 months
  • 90% - 19 months

 This means of all the applications submitted, 75% are estimated to receive a decision with 14 months, and another 15% (making 90% of all applications) estimated a decision in 19 months. The remaining 10% are not considered in these time frames.

 

To look at the entire estimated timeline:

Application to ceremony

  • 75% - 18 months
  • 90% - 23 months

'Application to ceremony' may be more useful, as this is the entire citizenship time frame. This is currently 75% in 18 months, and 90% in 23 months. 

 

As a general rule, unless you have a particularly complex application you should really expect to have a decision within the 90% frame (but again there is no guarantee unfortunately!).

 

 

image.png.d54ef945fd28980124bd199a2af03499.png

Thanks very much for a brief reply. 

Really thankful 

garry  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone ,

i have applied my citizenship on feb 2018 .

not received any test date yet , as its 16 months over .

i found a innocent mistake  in my application . I include my two kids who are 12 and 11 in the citizenship . 

My residential address is different from my kids . Because i was working in towoomba when i lodged application , but my kids living at my brisbane house ( we bought ) with my wife . My job is sales job so i cover all qld ,as nature of my job .

i live in both places towoomba and brisbane .but my official residential address is towoomba .

i just checking a section in my application that kids who include in this application should be live with applicant , kindly read this 

( Details of child under 16 years of age applying for citizenship on this application
Children under 16 years of age included in this application must be a permanent resident at the time of application and decision. The applicant must be the responsible parent for all children included
in this application and it is expected that the children live with the applicant. The applicant may be required to provide evidence that he/she, as the responsible parent, has the authority to lodge ) 

is there is any impact on our application ??

is this is the reason of delay ? 

I changed my address on immaccount on 15/4/19 . As now we all living at our brisbane house . 

Plz help and share your experience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, just checking in on this discussion. I applied only this week (18 June 2019), so clearly nothing will pop up for a long time yet!! 


309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vickyplum said:

Hi All, just checking in on this discussion. I applied only this week (18 June 2019), so clearly nothing will pop up for a long time yet!! 

Hi Vickyplum….. yes unfortunately if you have only just applied the road is long and the waiting frustrating.... but there is a light at the end of the tunnel as they say.... I have been waiting now 15 months and 1 day... each day counts... all the best....you may be one of the lucky ones that gets through sooner rather than later...Richard

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

update on longest wait ever to do a test  or hear anything other than just wait ..... still nothing

LOL

perplexed pommie family waiting patiently here in chilly Brisbane x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! 

Here's my timeline:

Applied: 13/08/2018

Received an e-mail with test date: 31/05/2019

Rescheduled from August

Passed the test: 24/06/2019

Applied from Sydney online. Country of passport: Russia.

To be continued...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Darley Dale said:

Hi Vickyplum….. yes unfortunately if you have only just applied the road is long and the waiting frustrating.... but there is a light at the end of the tunnel as they say.... I have been waiting now 15 months and 1 day... each day counts... all the best....you may be one of the lucky ones that gets through sooner rather than later...Richard

Thanks, appreciate it! 


309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tianna said:

Anyone here still waiting for Brisbane’s ceremony?

havent even got test date yet from 1/18 application  so i hope not huge delays in getting ceremonies or else i may be dead by then lol x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×