AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 15/08/2019 at 22:21, Tanwi said:

Hi,

No mine IS is still requested.

In case notes it mentioned pending a predecessor verification  My biometrics also is on Amber at the moment.

Risk check is Clear 

MAL clear 

Your IS being cleared it good news I think. So your approval could be soonish (assuming of cause)

Hi Tanwi,

What's your latest event tracking on the FOI screen shot? mine one is Integrity Screen Outcome Exempt (21/06/2019).

My application risk is still undetermined. 

Any idea how to get the application risk cleared?

Thanks

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shaundennis said:

This is what comes in the email

"

What we request you bring
Along with this letter, we request that you bring the original version of the following documents to your appointment. The Document Checklist will assist you to identify acceptable documents. Photocopies or certified copies of documents are not acceptable. We request that you bring:

• at least three documents that, all together, show your birth name, date of birth, gender, photograph, signature and current residential address
  • official evidence of change of name showing links between all names used
  • any other identity documents issued by another government that you consider will assist in verifying your identity
  • evidence of when you first arrived in Australia and your present country of citizenship
  • the documents that were submitted with your application
  • documents for any children under 16 years of age included in your application
  • official translation to accompany any documents which are not in English (see Translating your documents)
  • any other documents that we have requested you to provide."

It doesn't specifically ask for a birth certificate unless you have uploaded it as evidence in your application. 

Ya that's true, if you have already used it  in the first place itself, you can be in problem. If that is the case, as far as I know, it can be your tenth class certificate (if you are from India) or it can be any other government issued certificate mentioning your age. 

Hi Tanwi,
What's your latest event tracking on the FOI screen shot? mine one is Integrity Screen Outcome Exempt (21/06/2019).
Thanks

You cannot do anything to get it cleared. That is why the FOI is useless at this stage.
It is probably just diverting immi people away from actually processing applications [emoji2372]

On 31/08/2019 at 15:35, JZ007 said:

Hi Tanwi,

Thanks

Yeah can't do much about having it cleared. It's all in their hands. 

For me it was to give me a sense of what's happened since applying.  Haven't done another one, and won't for some more months. 

But good your IS cleared that's a good start.

On 30/08/2019 at 15:52, Tanwi said:

Submit it online. Just type FOI in Google and should take you to the FOI page.

Answer as needed and quote you want your ICSE Screenshot and Case notes.

Attach Driver license or anything proof of who you are and submit.

They will respond if they needs more information.

Thanks for the reply Tanwi 😊

34 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Got my test date email today! ✉️ 🎉

Current timeline below:

Submitted 16/06/19
Test email 02/06/19
Test date 06/01/20

I will be checked the schedule every day to see if i can snag an earlier appointment. Have yet to confirm if my partner has also received an email today.

Apologies! typos in above, corrected:

Got my test date email today! ✉️ 🎉

Current timeline below:

Submitted 16/06/19
Test email 02/09/19
Test date 06/01/20

I will be checking the schedule every day to see if i can snag an earlier appointment. Have yet to confirm if my partner has also received an email today.

• Congratulations 1

33 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Does anyone know - if i reschedule my test appointment can i continue to reschedule? So if i grab a test date a month earlier but an even earlier one comes up later, can i reschedule again?

Congrats!! Yes as I understand it you can keep rescheduling to earlier dates as they become available as this has been done by numerous other applicants in another forum. That gives me a bit of hope as I applied June 30 this year...hopefully my test may come through in a few weeks. What region are you applying from again? BTW supposedly the best time to check for earlier dates is early morning and late evening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ausa0000 said:

Congrats!! Yes as I understand it you can keep rescheduling to earlier dates as they become available as this has been done by numerous other applicants in another forum. That gives me a bit of hope as I applied June 30 this year...hopefully my test may come through in a few weeks. What region are you applying from again? BTW supposedly the best time to check for earlier dates is early morning and late evening.

Nice! Thanks for the info. I did see a couple of appointments come up this afternoon but didn't grab one yet. Will keep checking.

I'm in Moreland Council area (Melbourne). My partner got hers too, appointment 20 mins after on the same day.

Tom.

27 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Nice! Thanks for the info. I did see a couple of appointments come up this afternoon but didn't grab one yet. Will keep checking.

I'm in Moreland Council area (Melbourne). My partner got hers too, appointment 20 mins after on the same day.

Tom.

Hi millski88,

Congratulations!

What's your country of origin?

I applied 2 days before you did (14-June-2019), and I am also residing in Victoria (City of Darebin).

Hopefully I will receive an invitation soon!

16 minutes ago, Milano said:

Hi millski88,

Congratulations!

What's your country of origin?

I applied 2 days before you did (14-June-2019), and I am also residing in Victoria (City of Darebin).

Hopefully I will receive an invitation soon!

Yes mate! I'm sure you will. I'm from the UK.

15 hours ago, millski88 said:

Does anyone know - if i reschedule my test appointment can i continue to reschedule? So if i grab a test date a month earlier but an even earlier one comes up later, can i reschedule again?

Hi millski88. Great that you got your interview invitation!

There is absolutely no problem with how many times you reschedule, I moved mine three or four times.  Initial date was Feb 2020 so moved it month by month and then one last time so my wife and I had the test on the same day. The case officer didn't even mention it, I don't think they care about that.

Hope you can move your test sooner.

Cheers!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LAG said:

There is absolutely no problem with how many times you reschedule, I moved mine three or four times.  Initial date was Feb 2020 so moved it month by month and then one last time so my wife and I had the test on the same day. The case officer didn't even mention it, I don't think they care about that.

Cheers!

Nice. I managed to move mine about 3 weeks forward this morning to mid-december. I will keep alternating between mine and my partners!

25 minutes ago, LAG said:

Cheers!

Hey LAG. Just out of interest, when did your test email arrive and when did you end up having your test appointment? Interesting that my initial date was earlier than yours but you've already managed to get it ticked off! the waiting times must fluctuate a lot depending on the office i suppose.

Edited by millski88

14 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Nice. I managed to move mine about 3 weeks forward this morning to mid-december. I will keep alternating between mine and my partners!

Yes, keep checking everyday, I managed to move mine from November to June after 3 times! If you check often enough, I'm pretty sure you can get a slot for the next few days!

I got my approval the week after (early July) and now waiting my ceremony invite with Moreland. Looks like it's a long wait at this Council, be prepared!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Hey LAG. Just out of interest, when did your test email arrive and when did you end up having your test appointment? Interesting that my initial date was earlier than yours but you've already managed to get it ticked off! the waiting times must fluctuate a lot depending on the office i suppose.

Yes I was thinking the same. Dates and timelines are all over the place. I got the email on 2 August for 7 February 2020. I was able to reschedule it for 28 August.

Now waiting for the ceremony. According to Moonee Valley's website there's only two left in 2019, 17 Sept and 23 Oct. I can only hope I guess hahaha

42 minutes ago, MrGrieves said:

Yes, keep checking everyday, I managed to move mine from November to June after 3 times! If you check often enough, I'm pretty sure you can get a slot for the next few days!

I got my approval the week after (early July) and now waiting my ceremony invite with Moreland. Looks like it's a long wait at this Council, be prepared!

I was prepared for a lot longer than i've experienced so far.

Just now the calendar updated and there were 5 appointments in 2 weeks! haha. crazy. I opted for another than came up beginning over November though, i haven't done much revision of the material yet, 2 weeks is a bit quick! lol

3 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Could anyone recommend a good source of practice tests? I've got a few different iphone apps but not convinced of their accuracy, the english is pretty bad in some of the questions!

To be honest you should be fine with the booklet and the YouTube videos. I had the same experience, downloaded an app and realised that it had mistakes.

The videos are good as they have exactly what you need to know. The booklet has a lot of additional information.

• Like 1

Could anyone recommend a good source of practice tests? I've got a few different iphone apps but not convinced of their accuracy, the english is pretty bad in some of the questions!

My OH and I used one for AU Citizenship by Deedal. It was mostly okay but there were a couple of outdated answers (like population).
I listened to the YouTube videos whilst working...I like the passive absorption [emoji23]
OH read the document a few times.
We both got [emoji817]
It just depends what works for you
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:

My OH and I used one for AU Citizenship by Deedal. It was mostly okay but there were a couple of outdated answers (like population).
I listened to the YouTube videos whilst working...I like the passive absorption emoji23.png
We both got emoji817.png

Youtube videos while working is a good idea! I'll give that a go. It's the political stuff I find hard to retain, everything else is fine without revision tbh!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:

I listened to the YouTube videos whilst working...I like the passive absorption emoji23.png
We both got emoji817.png

Also thanks for the tip on the app - already looks better than the ones i was trying before. Did the questions on your test end up reflecting the range in the app?

Edited by millski88