AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

3 minutes ago, auz77 said:

Haha. Yes, i'll be doing that honestly.

Just wanted to check for the interview what all documents you are taking? 

I have attached the identity proof (form and photo), birth certificate, passport, driving license. What did you attach for evidence of first arrival in Australia?

I'm also unable to attach under my father's and mother's name tab.

Apologies for too many questions.

Cheers 

In addition to the documents you mention I also included a copy of my national id card, we have them in my country. 

First arrival to Australia, I attached a scanned copy of my old passport including the first entry stamp I got at the time.

I'll bring all the originals to the interview.  I didn't attach anything under the parent's section.

8 minutes ago, LAG said:

In addition to the documents you mention I also included a copy of my national id card, we have them in my country. 

First arrival to Australia, I attached a scanned copy of my old passport including the first entry stamp I got at the time.

I'll bring all the originals to the interview.  I didn't attach anything under the parent's section.

Thanks a lot for the update mate. All the best to you too. If you don't mind where are you based in Australia?

12 minutes ago, supertoblerone said:

How long do we have to wait to lodge FOI? Is there any time frame for that after we lodged the applications or it is your own call when you wanna do it?

Don't know actual time frame but I have seen people apply after a 4 months etc. It's at your own discretion but I guess the longer you wait thr more stuff they could have done on your file and the more case notes you can see. /updates. 

Maybe 

Finally!

1. Date applied : Feb 2018
  2. City/Council area: Perth
  3. Online / Paper : Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: Feb 2018 
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: Feb 2019
  6. Approval: 8-August 2019
  7. Date of ceremony: 
  8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal):

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

7 hours ago, supertoblerone said:

How long do we have to wait to lodge FOI? Is there any time frame for that after we lodged the applications or it is your own call when you wanna do it?

Don't have any actual time frame for the same. You have to be patient enough to wait for the same. 

On 26/05/2019 at 10:13, LouDYorkie said:

I was in the building for about an hour and fifteen minutes because there was a full waiting room and it was in ticket number order. I was maybe 5 minutes speaking to the person processing whilst they checked my documents and they sent me off to do my test which really did only take a couple of minutes and in that time I’d made sure to read the questions properly and be careful with my answers (and got emoji817.png %)
They couldn’t approve on the spot as my background checks had not been completed....

I have the same scenario. All documents have been sighted by the CO ie, passport, driver licence, birth certificate and penal clearances from 2 countries. My CO mentioned that she have to do the police check for me. She mentioned that normally it will take a day to come back and she can approve my application on the same day. It is been 4 days now since I had my interview and exam and the status is still "received". I have requested an NPC too from AFP to see how long it will come back to me. I don't understand the cause of the delay. Not sure if the CO is not being efficient enough to handle the case.

Have you got your approval already?

Edited by supertoblerone

56 minutes ago, supertoblerone said:

Does it mean you can anytime and you can make a request 2 times or 3 times while waiting for your application to be approved if you believed it is stuck somewhere?

you can call as much as you want and email as much as you want   but  until go over wait times you will get standard answer  of being within processing times.....  i have just started to trigger  emails etc at 19 months and nothing happened other than 'received'  but  i expect nothing in return  . 

i have called the hotline and they have looked into my case there and then on the phone  to ensure all in order.... they always just say still in processing but as no requests for anything in 19 months that is good news and just have to wait ... they can see my application/file or whatever it is they look at and say ' just wait ' so all a bit fruitless 

they did advice if we go beyond 24 months  from application received date then thats more strange/interesting/not normal  and we could trigger formal complaints lodgement ?...... 

fingers crossed we dont reach that point lol 

trying to just sit back and wait ........ if no requests for more info then all must be ok is our mantra - altho nothing left to give them at this point ......

1 hour ago, supertoblerone said:

Does it mean you can anytime and you can make a request 2 times or 3 times while waiting for your application to be approved if you believed it is stuck somewhere?

If you really want to see what happening with your file then lodge FOI. 

They don't release  much information. Only ISCE screenshots of your file and case notes. Nothing much.

For some it's a relief to see and for others it's frustrating. So up to you. One FOI in a year is sufficed I should say, to much is kind of counter productive. 

Approval can happen anytime from same day to 2 years or who knows. Don't take your interviews words to heart they are only being polite. 

Edited by Tanwi

On 08/04/2019 at 17:04, Yeyebonel said:

Ah cool. I was asked for overseas police checks documents prior my interview. Hopefully mines are all good 😭

may I ask what State or council you are?

Hi @Yeyebonel are you done with your interview? I was asked for Singapore PCC too. Done with the test and interview and still waiting for Approval.

On 13/03/2019 at 13:00, abhi1234 said:

Hi All,

Update from my side:

Date Applied: 09/03/2018 

City/Council Area: Brisbane City

Online/Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 09/03/2018

IMMI Request for more info - 18/02/2019 (Asked for birth proof as my birth certificate doesnt have name, provided an option to submit high school certificate for Indian Nationals - It must have your name, DOB and name of at least one parent)- Submitted high school certificate the same day

Date of Citizenship appointment letter - 11/03/2019 (For test on 09/04/2019) - I changed it to 13/03/3019

Date of Citizenship Test: 13/03/2019 

Date of Approval: 13/03/2019 

Date of Ceremony: Pending

After I completed my test, the officer told me that he ran a police check and its cleared so he should be able to approve today itself. It was approved 15 mins later. He said I will receive a letter of confirmation by mail and Brisbane City Council with send ceremony invitation by mail. So, if my address changes until then, I should inform the department. 

Brisbane City Council typically shares ceremony dates and number of vacancies closer to the ceremony date and then IMMI sends them list of people who are in the queue. That's how they decide ceremony dates. Hope that helps.

I have also told that she will do the police check during my interview, my CO said normally it will take about a day to get the result. She sent me to the room where you take the test but there was no formal instruction of me going back to her table. I saw there was someone sitting in there already and I just said good bye and she said Congrats! I don't know why mine is still pending approval.

On 08/08/2019 at 09:01, auz77 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have submitted my citizenship application today. Got the acknowledgement of application received letter within couple of minutes. Do we get anything else after this anytime soon or should i just sit back and relax for couple of months?

Also, do i need to do a police check as well?

Cheers

you have to wait for the same. 

• Haha 2

It appears that most applications take a while to be processed. Could anybody advise if I could lodge my application a couple of months before I meet the 1 year PR requirement, given that I've been living in Australia for over 6 years? 

Hello,

Say for example I made my first entry on 1st January 2016. Now, I made trips out of Australia for about a month each year. Till date, I have made 4 trips out of Australia of about 120 days in total.

Quote from Citizenship laws:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Permanent Residents - After 1 July 2007

If you obtain your permanent residence after 1 July 2007, you will need to meet the following requirements to become an Australian citizen:

• You have lived lawfully in Australia for at least 4 years; and
  • You have lived in Australia for at least 12 months as a permanent resident

Note that if you have spent more than 12 months in the last 4 years outside Australia or 3 months in the last 12 outside Australia, you will no longer meet the residence requirements for citizenship.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now in my case, although I complete 4 years on 1st Jan 2020, I do complete 3 years and 9 months of stay on 1st Oct 2019. Note that a minimum of 9 months of residence is completed in the last year on 1st Oct 2019 assuming I did not leave Australia in the last year. Is it possible to apply for citizenship on 1st Oct 2019 rather than wait for 1st Jan 2020 as my criteria for stay/citizenship is completed?

13 hours ago, VBB said:

It appears that most applications take a while to be processed. Could anybody advise if I could lodge my application a couple of months before I meet the 1 year PR requirement, given that I've been living in Australia for over 6 years? 

You have to enter your PR grant number or TRN in to page 2 or 3 of the form (can’t remember exactly which), it then pings a database and checks for your eligibility date, if your PR grant is less than one year old it doesn’t let you continue.

• Thanks 1