AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

The way to have ceremony done together was to link your application post exams or you can call immi 1300 number. That is what we did and we had to unlink the application because one year post approval for my wife, I am still waiting. I spoke to my consul general in my vicinity, he told me the possible reason why mine is delayed is because I declared military training which is the ROTC during my uni days back 1994-95 and that the CO is meticulous in terms of your allegiance. I did ask my friend whose applied last October 2017 and he does not recall having to submit a declaration of military service form. By the way I applied 30 January 2018. So at this point I am not sure how our applications are being processed. 

My next course of action

FOI 

Write to my local MP

Edited by KrisG
Additional info

4 hours ago, andrew2307 said:

Had test last Friday and got approved on immi acc the same day. However, I have not received an official email stating the approval as yet. 

You'll probably get your letter in the mail this week or next week, no email.

• Like 1

So we have triggered emails and phone calls ( again ) to anyone who might listen to my whingeing  lol

We are now over 18 months from application received email and to date NOTHING whatsoever still 

i see now 24 months from start to finish which does infact give them still 5 months to get our tests done/decision made/ceremony done and dusted so  i remain waiting  and waiting for some contact .

I dont mind waiting if the system is fair and they do it in application order but it remains to be all just totally random sadly - so  people get frustrated , why some cases get thro quickly and others get tests then wait forever and then people like us dont get anything at all  i just cant fathom it out .....i suspect most cases are straight forward conversions from PR to citizenship in this forum so why is everyone getting totally random timelines ? I get city to city variation but not from same offices in same city ??? odd 

First world problem again as i say as we are here , working , enjoying life  in Brisbane   but just a little frustrated  still  xxxx

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Update: my dads application has been accepted today. Applied July 2018, test May 2019, accepted July 2019. 

Just find it super odd that my brother's application hasn't been accepted yet when he still a minor (17), but both of my parents have and they all applied together?

I've lost all hope about my application by this point 😓

On 16/07/2019 at 14:07, Bamborabi said:

I gave my test on June 12th at Parramatta and passed the test. Yet to receive approval letter. Immi account still says as "RECEIVED" . Anyone who recently gave the test in June and is still waiting for an approval here ? I really dont know whats happening with my application, people who applied after me have got their approval.

You would receive your approval letter soon as you have passed the test. All the best!!

19 hours ago, Sheral Singh said:

You would receive your approval letter soon as you have passed the test. All the best!!

I don't think this is correct, it just depends. Some have their application approved on the same day as test, others have been waiting for months. You will receive your approval letter a few days after your immiaccount shows 'approved'

• Like 1

I don't think this is correct, it just depends. Some have their application approved on the same day as test, others have been waiting for months. You will receive your approval letter a few days after your immiaccount shows 'approved'
You are right mrgrieves.i got my approval on 13 july but i am still waiting for approval letter.its nearly been 2 weeks now.

On 10/07/2019 at 17:26, Tanwi said:

Wow that's just arrrgg! True with so many people applying who knows how many files one particular case officer handles a day. 😔 

I got a call today from the case officer nd he was just calling to reassure me I’m on the last stages so keep checking my mailbox.... he said he does 400 a week

• Like 1

Final Update - Thank you everyone

Nov 18 Application

June 19 Test invite for October 19

June 19 Test rescheduled (passed and approved same day)

July 19 - Ceremony email received by both DOHA and Council

Aug 19 Ceremony

Victoria

Banyule Council (North east Melbourne)

LR Country

9 months from Application to Ceremony

• Congratulations 4

3 hours ago, gkvithia said:

Final Update - Thank you everyone

Nov 18 Application

June 19 Test invite for October 19

June 19 Test rescheduled (passed and approved same day)

July 19 - Ceremony email received by both DOHA and Council

Aug 19 Ceremony

Victoria

Banyule Council (North east Melbourne)

LR Country

9 months from Application to Ceremony

Congrats! That's very quick,

I got approved on 17th May and I am still waiting for my ceremony invitation to come.

Can I ask what do you mean by "Ceremony email received by both DOHA and Council" ?

And did they inform you the time of ceremony by letter ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have applied for Citizenship on June and it seems there is no chance to get any news till next year. My PR will expire in September. Shall I apply for BVB or PR return? I want to be able to leave Australia anytime without applying for any visa. 

I got approved on 17th May and I am still waiting for my ceremony invitation to come.
Can I ask what do you mean by "Ceremony email received by both DOHA and Council" ?
Thanks in advance.
My application also approved on 13th of july.i i haven't received approval letter by mail.can i ask when did u received approval letter after your approval on immi account

18 minutes ago, Selin said:

Hi,

I have applied for Citizenship on June and it seems there is no chance to get any news till next year. My PR will expire in September. Shall I apply for BVB or PR return? I want to be able to leave Australia anytime without applying for any visa. 

Get an RRV. They're over $300 (I think), but will enable you to be able to come and go as your please until you get citizenship. However, it seems like a lot of applications made in 2019 are going through pretty quickly so you might actually get it before the end of the year, in which case, there wouldn't be much point in spending on an RRV for the sake of a few months. 

3 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

I didn't know PR visas could expire?!?!?  

The Permanent residents Visa PRV, doesn't expire it is just the travel element of the visa, hence the Resident Return Visa needs to be applied for after the initial 5 years. my PRV ran out in 2016, but we now have Australian passports. 

1 minute ago, Canada2Australia said:

I didn't know PR visas could expire?!?!?  

It doesn't "expire" as such, but you only have free movement in and out of Aus for a set number of years (It was five years for my visa, not sure about others) on your original PR visa, and after that if you for example wish to leave Aus on holiday, you need to have a Return Residents Visa to get back into the country or it can cause big problems when you're trying to get back through customs in Aus. It's a money making scheme basically imo. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Selin said:

Hi,

as we are waiting now almost 19 months for even getting a citizenship test date in Brisbane ( bonkers )  i would defo advice get RRV in place asap ..... we secured ours thankfully ,  never thought it would take this long to complete citizenship so glad RRV in place as we  travel yearly at least back to uk etc   ...... x

52 minutes ago, ropar said:
3 hours ago, Elliot kan said:
Thanks in advance.

My application also approved on 13th of july.i i haven't received approval letter by mail.can i ask when did u received approval letter after your approval on immi account

The status changed to approved on the day of approval, and I received letter in about 10 working days. You should receive it very soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JZ007 said:

my time line:

submitted: early Jun 2018

test date: late May 2019

still waiting for decision...

I happen to know the time line for one of my friend, so sharing her time line here:

submitted: 11/2017

Test: 04/2019

approved: 07/2019

ceremony: unknown

BTW, I have another post asking about waiting for decision abroad, could anyone share his experience/knowledge? 

34 minutes ago, Sheral Singh said:

The PR Visa is for the period of 5 years. You need to apply for the citizenship to stay permanently in Australia. 

PR is PR. Permanent it's just the travel component that expires after the initial 5 years and needs to be reapplied for if you wish to travel in and out of Australia. 

If you don't need to travel out of Australia .

No need to renew RRV. 

Like myself for example Travel rights expired but I don't need to travel so I don't have an RRV in place at the moment. 

Edited by Tanwi