• Waiting for the approval

21 months since. FOI, global compliant, no help at all

It will happen soon. 

Many 2017 getting approvals recently.

Your time is near hang in there. 💪 

Edited by Tanwi
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Tanwi said:

Does being from a Regional areas means it takes a little bit longer then those in the big cities? Especially if you have all your papers, are documented and there shouldn't be anything hindering ones approval 😔 

Yes it does as it’s usually done at a Centrelink by human services and they send it to the case officers at home affairs. If you are in cities you will have your test at an immigration office which should be interviewed by an actual case officer. Depending on your checks you are most likely to get same day approval. Whereas anyone from regional areas getting interviewed by human services will not be same day approval as they are nothing to do with immigration. It could take months for case officers to even open back up your file again. Which sucks...

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Rebbecca said:

Yes it does as it’s usually done at a Centrelink by human services and they send it to the case officers at home affairs. If you are in cities you will have your test at an immigration office which should be interviewed by an actual case officer. Depending on your checks you are most likely to get same day approval. Whereas anyone from regional areas getting interviewed by human services will not be same day approval as they are nothing to do with immigration. It could take months for case officers to even open back up your file again. Which sucks...

Wow that's just arrrgg! True with so many people applying who knows how many files one particular case officer handles a day. 😔 

3 hours ago, nblee123 said:

Already lost my hope:

My timeline is perhaps the longest among all members:

• Applied in Sydney
  • Applied: 28/10/2017
  • Test passed: 30/04/2019 (100%)

What happens when you do a FOI? Does it tell you exactly where your application is at? I'm currently wondering whether to do one or not. I applied in March 2018, passed test in March 2019 and heard nothing. I feel like my life is on hold at the minute, and I want to know what the hold up is. It's absolutely criminal that you applied in 2017 and have heard nothing when there's people who have applied this year and already have ceremony dates. The system makes zero sense and is completely unfair 😞 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cybervoodoo said:

Do applications get processed more quickly if you work in the public sector? My mum's went through so fast and she is a nurse so I wondered if there was something in that? 

No, employment is irrelevant when it comes to citizenship. 

• Like 2

Guest nblee123
16 hours ago, cybervoodoo said:

What happens when you do a FOI? Does it tell you exactly where your application is at? I'm currently wondering whether to do one or not. I applied in March 2018, passed test in March 2019 and heard nothing. I feel like my life is on hold at the minute, and I want to know what the hold up is. It's absolutely criminal that you applied in 2017 and have heard nothing when there's people who have applied this year and already have ceremony dates. The system makes zero sense and is completely unfair 😞 

From my FOI I can see:

IS (Integrity Screening Pending)
Biometric pending
General assessment checklist is completed

FOI will not help to accelerate the progress but it can give you some info regarding where your application is and what 3rd party assessment the department is waiting etc.

21 hours ago, nblee123 said:

Already lost my hope:

My timeline is perhaps the longest among all members:

• Applied in Sydney
  • Applied: 28/10/2017
  • Test passed: 30/04/2019 (100%)

I honestly do not know why you accept this, contact the Hon  David Coleman MP  in Canberra.

Guest nblee123
3 minutes ago, Chris N Lora said:

I honestly do not know why you accept this, contact the Hon  David Coleman MP  in Canberra.

Full of frustrations and I never accept this at all. It is disgraceful.

After several calls, FOIs, and complaints via immi web, there is still zero progress once the test is passed.

I will write to my MP once my timeline hits 22 months, which will be the end of July.

5 hours ago, nblee123 said:

From my FOI I can see:

IS (Integrity Screening Pending)
Biometric pending
General assessment checklist is completed

FOI will not help to accelerate the progress but it can give you some info regarding where your application is and what 3rd party assessment the department is waiting etc.

Thanks for the info 🙂 

I'm think it still may be worth doing one just to see where the hold up is, but not sure if that will just make me more frustrated 🤣

• Like 1

On 10/07/2019 at 12:56, MaggieMay24 said:

I think he means his wife passed her test in March, not that she died.

That was correct - i was talking about her test.  I was hoping it was british humour at first.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How long is everyone waiting for approval after test? My husband sat his test Dec 18 and I had mine April 19, and since then we’ve heard nothing. Our council only hold quarterly ceremonies and we really are hoping to make the one in September. Not liking our chances now 

2 hours ago, Bjg said:

How long is everyone waiting for approval after test? My husband sat his test Dec 18 and I had mine April 19, and since then we’ve heard nothing. Our council only hold quarterly ceremonies and we really are hoping to make the one in September. Not liking our chances now 

I have only been waiting nearly 2 months now. And still waiting. ☺ 

I pulled my test date forward by two months and as it was not immediately approved, I was hoping that by the time it got to my originally scheduled test date that everything could be approved and I might be lucky and make the July ceremony, but it seems that is very unlikely. [emoji31]
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bjg said:

I sat my test in March 2019 and still waiting for approval.

49 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:

I pulled my test date forward by two months and as it was not immediately approved, I was hoping that by the time it got to my originally scheduled test date that everything could be approved and I might be lucky and make the July ceremony, but it seems that is very unlikely. emoji31.png

That's exactly what I'm thinking to. My actual test date this next month. But I pulled mine 3 months forwards. 

So have my heart set on it being approved on the original test date 🤞.  

Edited by Tanwi

Hello guys. 

Here is my timeline

Lodged - 30 January 2018 (Received) - 17 months now

Exam - 19 July 2018 - I was then requested to submit a declaration of service for 1399, filled up and handed over the next day after exams. 1 month after submission checked my immi account and the form was not even uploaded so I uploaded one.

July 2019 - still waiting for a decision. 

My wife, however, took the exam on 17 July and was approved after 2 days. We applied separately and my son's application was attached to my application but the lady in Darwin office linked our applications after the exams. Last May 2019 we travelled to the Philippines so my wife followed up on the application and infirmed home affairs we are travelling, also they were about to reach the 1 year grace period from approval to the ceremony so our applications had to be unlinked. Wife and kid took oath on the 10th of July 2019. We are travelling again at the end of September. I am at my wit's end already but seeing your post and knowing some of you applied ahead of me sort of helped.

I have also heard of someone lodging applications 2017 October and had exams 2018 August. NOthing until now.

@Darley Dale

Does it really help to contact the local MP? Thanks. I did phone the department but seems very useless as all they would say is it's still within the timeframe. The didn't even bother to get the details of my application.

I'm starting to think it really has to do with your situation.

For me,  I am a single guy with no family. My former company applied for my 457 when the immigration website said average wait times were mostly over a year; it was granted in 4 weeks right at Christmas. My currently company applied for my 186 visa when again the website was saying that wait times were mostly over 18 months; it was granted in two months. I also live in a regional area (Darwin) that most immigrant do not want to live in. It has an economy that is in tatters at the moment and the population is in decline. This means that they need people to fill vacancies and try to grow the economy and population again. So I'm thinking this had a lot to do with the speed of my visa approvals. 

As for a citizenship application and it's associated timelines,  I don't know if these factors will assist me in getting mine approved quickly (when I am eligible to apply,  which is next July). We shall see. 

This is all just a theory though, so take it with a grain of salt 🙂 

OMG spitting fire today ..... my work colleugue ( cant spell today as so frustrated ) applied 24/2/19 Brisbane  and got test date  end of 10/19 !!!!!! holy hell fire!!!!!

Despite numerous calls and emails iam still waiting  to get a bloody test date from 1/18 Brisbane  application !!!!!!!!!! 

what is wrong with this system ????!!!!!!

same jobs so cant be to do with jobs , only difference is she is single applicant as all her family got it last year  , we are a family of 4 linked application- me and 2 kids linked with my husbands application -    totally straight forward  application direct from PR  189 visa from UK ....... 

are they really just picking up random files down in the city ?????? 

how many calls and emails can i send before i go to the prime minister !!!??? lol

soooooooo frustrating ........ rant over ...... first world problem of course but really ??????????????? please send me alcohol and chocolate today as sat in my office slowly screaming ...... lol xxx

Edited by shiveringpom
missed words

On 11/07/2019 at 13:23, nblee123 said:

Full of frustrations and I never accept this at all. It is disgraceful.

After several calls, FOIs, and complaints via immi web, there is still zero progress once the test is passed.

I will write to my MP once my timeline hits 22 months, which will be the end of July.

please, do, all applicants need to make the government aware of the non excusable delays by that department. We applied in Dec 17 and ceremony Jan 19.