AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 minute ago, garry singh said:

Hi 

i applied my citizenship on on feb 2018 .

on immi account status : submitted 

some people

saying there status is :received . 

Do any one is here who have not got test invitation yet and his staus is submitted or received ??

kindly reply plz 

Before I got test invite statues was received that was right after I submitted the application. 

After I got test invite my statues is now further assessment. Hope that helps with ur query ☺ 

2 minutes ago, garry singh said:

Thanks tanvi ,

so when you submit application ,

status was submitted :

and then its shows received after that .

how many days it took from submitted to received?? 

Once I paid the fees and submitted, I think the next day I checked and it was on received. 

Edited by Tanwi

10 hours ago, Darley Dale said:

Hi Vickyplum….. yes unfortunately if you have only just applied the road is long and the waiting frustrating.... but there is a light at the end of the tunnel as they say.... I have been waiting now 15 months and 1 day... each day counts... all the best....you may be one of the lucky ones that gets through sooner rather than later...Richard

Thanks, appreciate it! 

On 24/06/2019 at 12:38, Tanwi said:

Once I paid the fees and submitted, I think the next day I checked and it was on received. 

Just a question guys. Can we withdraw our application if we apply by post as I don’t have any TRN or Client ID . No acknowledgement letter was sent as I applied by post. Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Ghotra said:

Just a question guys. Can we withdraw our application if we apply by post as I don’t have any TRN or Client ID . No acknowledgement letter was sent as I applied by post. Thanks 

I'm not sure. Have you tried calling them up to say you want to withdraw your application but you don't have your trn etc? 

On 23/06/2019 at 16:32, Mrshubs said:

Hello guys, 

just wanted to ask, my husband had applied for his citizenship application in feb at that time i did not get my Permanent residence. Now i got my PR so my question is does my husband need to update about it to the department? If yes than how? 

Any help would be highly appreciated 

thanks 

I think he is still in PR status. He would sponsor you as a Permanent Resident not as a citizenship. In my view he doesn't but yes it would be beneficial to check it once. 

20 hours ago, Sheral Singh said:

I think he is still in PR status. He would sponsor you as a Permanent Resident not as a citizenship. In my view he doesn't but yes it would be beneficial to check it once. 

Sorry wrongly answered. Well in my view he has to update the same to the department. 

Hello citizenship people!

Back on the forum after a 12 months break. Conferral application is in today. So much easier than PR hey! Took me a few hours max.

What are the realistic wait times at the moment? Im aware of the published guidelines but what is the average we are seeing on the forum? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Back on the forum after a 12 months break. Conferral application is in today. So much easier than PR hey! Took me a few hours max.

What are the realistic wait times at the moment? Im aware of the published guidelines but what is the average we are seeing on the forum? 

Hello welcome back. 

Wait times for this period I wouldn't know on a realistic scale but it looks like applications get test dates pretty quick. 

From my own experience as well as what I have read on other forums. 

Som have already completed the process or are half way there. Those who lodged in this year 2019 (myself included) is what I am referring too. 

Probably best to think in terms of what DOHA posts up as estimated times, as not to gets to discouraged 🙃

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Seems crazy all over the place/pot luck, kinda like our 186 wait haha.

Have seen 3 months to ceremony, also seen 16-18 months with no test appointment.

Edited by millski88
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tanwi said:

Hello welcome back. 

Wait times for this period I wouldn't know on a realistic scale but it looks like applications get test dates pretty quick. 

From my own experience as well as what I have read on other forums. 

Som have already completed the process or are half way there. Those who lodged in this year 2019 (myself included) is what I am referring too. 

Probably best to think in terms of what DOHA posts up as estimated times, as not to gets to discouraged 🙃

Mate I am very familiar with the process times (hence the amount of posts I have!). So frustrating ha! I actually think I cracked their processing strategy in the end as I could predict the time and occupation quite accurately. Not sure you can do that with citizenships!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Have seen 3 months to ceremony, also seen 16-18 months with no test appointment.

Mate hows things been? Great this PR malarky hey!

You were right about people heading back to the forum around this time. Wonder who else will turn up! Im mentally prepared for 2 years before I have a meltdown.

Ideally Im looking for 36 hours.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Parkesy said:

Mate hows things been? Great this PR malarky hey!

You were right about people heading back to the forum around this time. Wonder who else will turn up! Im mentally prepared for 2 years before I have a meltdown.

Ideally Im looking for 36 hours.

Ha! Yes 36 hours would be great.

In all seriousness though, taking in to account the activity I've seen recently I'd be happy to have a test booked in within 8-10 months. That'd be a good outcome. But yeah - try and mentally prepare for 12-18 months.

Things been good! Definitely glad to be off the 457 what with all the changes discussed/implemented in the last couple of years. Also glad not to have a 186 to put in or wait for!

• Like 2

On 12/06/2019 at 11:37, shiveringpom said:

am i the longest one waiting for anything to happen with my application then ? 

applied 1/18 and nothing ........

obv still within timeframe  so nothing to do but wait ...... lol

is anyone out there applied in 2017 and still waiting for process to begin or get ceremony i wonder ??????

I applied on november 2017 took the test passed and thats it nothing after that

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Octran said:

I applied on november 2017 took the test passed and thats it nothing after that

Have you telephoned them to ask why the delay ?

Try contacting your local MP and given them all the details they should follow up for you ?

But try phoning first... have you ever applied for FOI (Freedom of Information) ?

All the best

Applied in November 2017. Had test last year in October 2018 so yeah it’s been 20 months

On 28/06/2019 at 15:15, millski88 said:

when we applied, we did the test in Dec 2018, and Ceremony on Australia Day 2019 .. so after a 12 month wait, we got the ceremony in 5 weeks.

• Like 1