AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 minute ago, Tanwi said:

So true I understand. I need citizenship also for job prospects that require citizenship. Just taking Solace in the fact that I'm not alone in this journey and pre much checking everyday and then having a nice cup of tea to let out the frustration 🙃🙃. 

Fingers crossed for you though, it'll be worth it when it happens. 

Fingers crossed for you too!! 

• Thanks 1

On 18/06/2019 at 14:24, cybervoodoo said:

UK citizen here. I submitted my application in March 2018, sat my test in March 2019 and my application is still on 'received'. My mum submitted her application in August 2018, sat her test in May 2019 and hers was approved three weeks after the test, with a ceremony in August. What's weird though is that my dad and brother's applications were linked to my mums, and they sat their tests at the same time, but they have received nothing yet. 

I'm really upset since the only reason I submitted my application seperate from the rest of my family is because I need it to access HECS for uni, but was told I just had to wait regardless, and that there was no way I could speed up my application. I live with my parents and so we'd all be doing our ceremony with the same council, so there should be no wait time difference due to the council.

It just seems completely unfair that people could apply and sit their test months after me and be approved before I am, surely there should be a queue system? Is there anything I can do? 

What I got from the situation is that you have to wait for the application. Hope you do receive it asap, 

• Like 1

On 11/07/2015 at 17:54, FlashP5sub175 said:

1. Date applied: 27/03/2015
  2. City/Council area: Randwick - Ceremony sponsored by a club in Sydney not council
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 01/04/2015
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 29/04/2015
  6. Date of ceremony: 28/06/2015
  7. Type of ceremony: Normal 

Just landed on the first page of this thread by mistake - wow how things have changed since 2015 😯

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Just landed on the first page of this thread by mistake - wow how things have changed since 2015 😯

It worked so efficiently and quick back than. 

Not sure what happened along the way 😔. Well influx of applications, but still 😔 

4 minutes ago, Maryan said:

Hi There,

Which materials to be prepared for Citizenship test and how long this takes?

Can anyone help?

Regards, Aryan

From my experience just all the originals of the documents I submitted on lodgement of application. 

Test itself for myself took less than 2 minutes. Interview/scanning/sighting of my original documents and taking of picture roughly another 15 minutes.

So for my center my interview and test and wait in building was about 20-30 minutes in total. 

Hope that helps with your questions 🙂

Edited by Tanwi

HI Guys,

My Timeline

Applied: 11/06/2018

Test Invite: 27/03/2019

The test has taken: 29/03/2019

Approval: 01/04/2019

Ceremony: 25/07/2019

It took all 14 months.

Thank you all guys you are sharing your scenario which was very helpful. I wish everyone will get soon now the processing times will change.

• Congratulations 2

Saw a post on another forum a family that applied in January 2019, will be having their Ceremony in July 2019.

Less than 7 months is total from application to Ceremony.

So looks like things are moving somehwere. Btw they applied form South Australia. 

Edited by Tanwi
  • Confused 1

Hi everyone ,

i have applied my citizenship on feb 2018 .

not received any test date yet , as its 16 months over .

i found a innocent mistake  in my application . I include my two kids who are 12 and 11 in the citizenship . 

My residential address is different from my kids . Because i was working in towoomba when i lodged application , but my kids living at my brisbane house ( we bought ) with my wife . My job is sales job so i cover all qld ,as nature of my job .

i live in both places towoomba and brisbane .but my official residential address is towoomba .

i just checking a section in my application that kids who include in this application should be live with applicant , kindly read this 

( Details of child under 16 years of age applying for citizenship on this application
Children under 16 years of age included in this application must be a permanent resident at the time of application and decision. The applicant must be the responsible parent for all children included
in this application and it is expected that the children live with the applicant. The applicant may be required to provide evidence that he/she, as the responsible parent, has the authority to lodge ) 

is there is any impact on our application ??

is this is the reason of delay ? 

I changed my address on immaccount on 15/4/19 . As now we all living at our brisbane house . 

Plz help and share your experience 

Hi everyone ,

i have applied my citizenship on feb 2018 .

not received any test date yet , as its 16 months over .

i found a innocent mistake  in my application . I include my two kids who are 12 and 11 in the citizenship . 

My residential address is different from my kids . Because i was working in towoomba when i lodged application , but my kids living at my brisbane house ( we bought ) with my wife . My job is sales job so i cover all qld ,as nature of my job .

i live in both places towoomba and brisbane .but my official residential address is towoomba .

i just checking a section in my application that kids who include in this application should be live with applicant , kindly read this 

( Details of child under 16 years of age applying for citizenship on this application
Children under 16 years of age included in this application must be a permanent resident at the time of application and decision. The applicant must be the responsible parent for all children included
in this application and it is expected that the children live with the applicant. The applicant may be required to provide evidence that he/she, as the responsible parent, has the authority to lodge ) 

is there is any impact on our application ??

is this is the reason of delay ? 

I changed my address on immaccount on 15/4/19 . As now we all living at our brisbane house . 

Plz help and share your experience 

Hello guys, 

just wanted to ask, my husband had applied for his citizenship application in feb at that time i did not get my Permanent residence. Now i got my PR so my question is does my husband need to update about it to the department? If yes than how? 

Any help would be highly appreciated 

thanks 

1 hour ago, Mrshubs said:

Hello guys, 

just wanted to ask, my husband had applied for his citizenship application in feb at that time i did not get my Permanent residence. Now i got my PR so my question is does my husband need to update about it to the department? If yes than how? 

Any help would be highly appreciated 

thanks 

Do you mean does he need to update his application that your a PR now? 

I would assume it's already in their system as their the ones who granted it. So no need to. 

But don't quote me on that maybe someone else has gone through this who might know better. ☺ 

12 hours ago, vickyplum said:

Hi All, just checking in on this discussion. I applied only this week (18 June 2019), so clearly nothing will pop up for a long time yet!! 

Hi Vickyplum….. yes unfortunately if you have only just applied the road is long and the waiting frustrating.... but there is a light at the end of the tunnel as they say.... I have been waiting now 15 months and 1 day... each day counts... all the best....you may be one of the lucky ones that gets through sooner rather than later...Richard

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kkumar said:

Application lodge-26-10-2017

test done-18-10-2018

application status-still received 

nearly 20months so far 

it really seems to be pot luck how quickly we get thro this system  doesnt it ?

we are still waiting for a test date at nearly 18 months lol

Update on mine. Got my test invite today 😉

Applied online: 22/03/2019

Test invite: 24/06/2019

Test appointment date: 13/09/2019

Region: Yarra Ranges, VIC

I was expecting to hear nothing until at least next year so only waiting 3 months for a test date has made my day!!

3 of us applying, myself (British), wife (Thai) and daughter (14). 

Both test dates at same time in same location (Melbourne CBD)

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

45 minutes ago, imthedave said:

I was expecting to hear nothing until at least next year so only waiting 3 months for a test date has made my day!!

Woah! That's amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imthedave said:

Congrats Mate,

It seems to be randomly selected, I've applied exactly a month before you but there is no change in the status of my application only received.

21 minutes ago, Mazen said:

Congrats Mate,

It seems to be randomly selected, I've applied exactly a month before you but there is no change in the status of my application only received.

Actually my status still says received and the original date not updated. I got the letters via email and when I checked online, they were also there in the messages.

The application status had not been updated though

• Like 1