PERTH/COUNCIL  WANNEROO/INDIA/

Congratulations 🎊

14 hours ago, jazzi87 said:

Citizenship Applied  on  25/10/2017

Test date                          05/10/2018

Approved                          16/05/2019

Ceremony                          01/07/2019

Congratulations mate, lucky you, It is quick. Best of luck your new beginning as a new naturalise Aussie 🇦🇺🇦🇺.  

15 hours ago, jazzi87 said:

Citizenship Applied  on  25/10/2017

Test date                          05/10/2018

Approved                          16/05/2019

Ceremony                          01/07/2019

My bad it is a bit late.

On 12/06/2019 at 15:51, LouDYorkie said:

second question :
what is the mean of this on home affairs website ?? 
75% applications processing in 14 months 
and 90% application processing time is 19 months . ??
what is  that exactly mean . 

It really does mean what it says, it is average processing times for applications. If an application took longer than 19 months, it is counted as one of the remaining 10%.

From what I've read, it's backwards looking so if there were 100 applications approved today:

- 75 were submitted within the past 14 months

- 15 (difference between 75% and 90%) were submitted between 14 and 19 months ago

- remaining 10 are older than 19 months.

• Like 3

On 23/05/2019 at 23:24, andrew2307 said:

Hey guys 

The DoHA asked me to bring all the documents on the test day. However when I uploaded the prove of identity form and photograph - they were NOT signed by anyone from occupation list, instead I just upload a formal explanation of not to have known anyone from the occupation list. Can they still request (during interview/on the test day) to get them signed by someone? 

Hi @andrew2307

Can someone actually do that ? - i.e. upload an explanation note instead of the actual document - when applying ? Also, did you happen only upload the note or also get the document signed by someone that is not on the list ?  

On 24/05/2019 at 00:47, rammygirl said:

I would get it signed. Surely there is someone that can vouch for you. They don’t have to be a friend, it could be a doctor for example or an accountant. If they have had dealings with you for a year they should agree to sign. 

Do you think it would be Ok to get it signed by someone on that list a few months after the application has submitted ?

Thank you

On 26/05/2019 at 03:21, Tanwi said:

Also on PPC sorry I must have miss read yes you can apply for your respective countries online or whichever way is allowable by them. 

As for my home country I just didn't trust things would be done on the time frame I had in mind so I went about doing it as I mentioned above. Cheers 

Hope that answered your question. 🙂

Hi Tanwi,

Thank you for the reply ! 

Which country are you from ? 

On 14/06/2019 at 12:48, MaggieMay24 said:

From what I've read, it's backwards looking so if there were 100 applications approved today:

- 75 were submitted within the past 14 months

- 15 (difference between 75% and 90%) were submitted between 14 and 19 months ago

- remaining 10 are older than 19 months.

Thats answer looks very informative . 

Thank you so much 

Happy to say we've officially joined the queue! Hahaha.

Date Applied: 16/06/2019 
City/Council Area: Moreland City (VIC)  
Online/Paper: Online 
Date of Citizenship Test: TBC
Date of Approval: TBC

Edited by millski88
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

Just a quick one to double check - our 186 visas issued in June 2018 are still active whilst we're in application for citizenship, right?

I stated on the citizenship app that we're away for a month in Europe next month. Is it correct that we don't have to arrange bridging visas if our 186 is still valid?

Just a quick one to double check - our 186 visas issued in June 2018 are still active whilst we're in application for citizenship, right?
I stated on the citizenship app that we're away for a month in Europe next month. Is it correct that we don't have to arrange bridging visas if our 186 is still valid?

It is the travel portion of your visa that expires (5 years). If this is the case you would need an RRV. But as your visa was only issued 12 months ago, hopefully you will have your citizenship before the travel portion expires!!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:

It is the travel portion of your visa that expires (5 years). If this is the case you would need an RRV. But as your visa was only issued 12 months ago, hopefully you will have your citizenship before the travel portion expires!!

Great, so unlike visa to visa bridging periods, we don't get allocated a bridging visa or different conditions between PR and citizenship? It'd be just our luck to be caught out on the way back from holiday!

Great, so unlike visa to visa bridging periods, we don't get allocated a bridging visa or different conditions between PR and citizenship? It'd be just our luck to be caught out on the way back from holiday!

You just need to be aware that you may get a test date sent through (mine was via email), you may need to push it out if you will be away.

I believe there are some rules that apply around having to be in Australia when your citizenship is approved (after your test and interview). I was told at my test that it’s not the end of the world, but there is more work to do and possible delay as a result, and also it was recommended not to travel overseas during the time period between your ceremony and receiving your passport unless you carry your citizenship certificate (a ceremonial one won’t do).
  • Like 1

has anyone here - i think some may have ? - gone to federal MPs wrt waiting times ? if so any tips on wording-what to put in your email ? A few on here have adviced i contact my MP  due to ongoing wait of nearly 18months now  for anything to happen..... iam still within processing time  of lodgement to decision of 23months obv  so not sure if wasting my time and i should just perhaps wait till i get to 23 months ...... we havent even got date for test as yet at almost 18 months ....phoned many times and told all ok just wait ......sent email and told just wait 

anyone else tried this ? waste of time and energy? best to wait till cross the 23 month  border  into the wasteland of lost applications perhaps ?.......

i think i may be the longest wait on here  that i know off lol........

wrt going thro the 23month wait  would an agent be of help if we get to end of year without test dates ? 

must stay calm ....... x

On 15/06/2019 at 01:46, Sigemup said:

Hi @andrew2307

Can someone actually do that ? - i.e. upload an explanation note instead of the actual document - when applying ? Also, did you happen only upload the note or also get the document signed by someone that is not on the list ?  

Do you think it would be Ok to get it signed by someone on that list a few months after the application has submitted ?

Thank you

Yeah I just got an explanation in word document by simply saying that I have noone from the occupation list to sign & I can get someone else to sign it. That's all. They have not contacted me and I already got citizenship test date.

UK citizen here. I submitted my application in March 2018, sat my test in March 2019 and my application is still on 'received'. My mum submitted her application in August 2018, sat her test in May 2019 and hers was approved three weeks after the test, with a ceremony in August. What's weird though is that my dad and brother's applications were linked to my mums, and they sat their tests at the same time, but they have received nothing yet. 

I'm really upset since the only reason I submitted my application seperate from the rest of my family is because I need it to access HECS for uni, but was told I just had to wait regardless, and that there was no way I could speed up my application. I live with my parents and so we'd all be doing our ceremony with the same council, so there should be no wait time difference due to the council.

It just seems completely unfair that people could apply and sit their test months after me and be approved before I am, surely there should be a queue system? Is there anything I can do? 

Edited by cybervoodoo
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cybervoodoo said:

UK citizen here. I submitted my application in March 2018, sat my test in March 2019 and my application is still on 'received'. My mum submitted her application in August 2018, sat her test in May 2019 and hers was approved three weeks after the test, with a ceremony in August. What's weird though is that my dad and brother's applications were linked to my mums, and they sat their tests at the same time, but they have received nothing yet. 

I'm really upset since the only reason I submitted my application seperate from the rest of my family is because I need it to access HECS for uni, but was told I just had to wait regardless, and that there was no way I could speed up my application. I live with my parents and so we'd all be doing our ceremony with the same council, so there should be no wait time difference due to the council.

It just seems completely unfair that people could apply and sit their test months after me and be approved before I am, surely there should be a queue system? Is there anything I can do? 

Unfortunately from all the posts I have read so far we just have to wait. Calling them up always gives same answer your application is within the processing time, just wait. Etc etc... 😔

I hope yours, your bother and dads catch up with your mums and you all attend the ceremony togather. 

Hopefully won't be long now, since one of ya'll is already there 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanwi said:

Unfortunately from all the posts I have read so far we just have to wait. Calling them up always gives same answer your application is within the processing time, just wait. Etc etc... 😔

I hope yours, your bother and dads catch up with your mums and you all attend the ceremony togather. 

Hopefully won't be long now, since one of ya'll is already there 🙂

Thanks for the response 🙂 

I really hope we aren't too far behind. It's just disheartening when I'm the one out of my family who needs it more urgently 😢

2 minutes ago, cybervoodoo said:

Thanks for the response 🙂 

I really hope we aren't too far behind. It's just disheartening when I'm the one out of my family who needs it more urgently 😢

So true I understand. I need citizenship also for job prospects that require citizenship. Just taking Solace in the fact that I'm not alone in this journey and pre much checking everyday and then having a nice cup of tea to let out the frustration 🙃🙃

Fingers crossed for you though, it'll be worth it when it happens.