AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 29/05/2019 at 20:46, sheravanan said:

Hi Guys,

whoever knows this please help me or whoever attended department ceremonies, what is the difference between department ceremonies and council ceremonies. If the Department is conducting a ceremony will they send the certificate by Mail always? I believe Department Ceremonies happening on weekends and, maybe when there is a lot of candidates waiting from a particular area, am I correct? 
Thanks in advance for the reply and appreciated.

I had a department ceremony and my wife had a council ceremony. There's really nothing different about them (maybe an extra speech and the gift of an Australian plant at the council ceremony) certificates handed out at both. The only occasion when certificates aren't handed out is when they don't have a minister to sign them - which only happens during an election period and affects both department and council ceremonies equally.

14 hours ago, Ken said:

I had a department ceremony and my wife had a council ceremony. There's really nothing different about them (maybe an extra speech and the gift of an Australian plant at the council ceremony) certificates h

Thanks, guys for all the reply. is that department ceremonies for nearby area people or other council area people or maybe not depends on the area? Because my council says there is one ceremony the department is going to conduct in the same council, but after just 5 days my council is also the conducting ceremony. is it a bit strange right? till now i don't know in which ceremony I am going to attend.

Update:

ceremony on 22/5/2019

Certificate received today on 1/6/2019 

end-to-end process: 

Application submitted on 1/2/2018, so 16 months exactly to become a citizen, which I think is in range for their estimates (but still long). 

Last step is to get that passport and then I’m done. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew what evidence you need to progress from PR to citizenship? I was recently made aware that my name was changed when I was a baby so my actual birth certificate is in a different name but I have never mentioned it previously as I was not aware. Do I need to submit my birth certificate?

thanks  

4 minutes ago, Rik9 said:

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew what evidence you need to progress from PR to citizenship? I was recently made aware that my name was changed when I was a baby so my actual birth certificate is in a different name but I have never mentioned it previously as I was not aware. Do I need to submit my birth certificate?

thanks  

This must have come up with your PR application surely? You have to submit your birth certificate for that and evidence for any name changes since.

Same for Citizenship.

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

This must have come up with your PR application surely? You have to submit your birth certificate for that and evidence for any name changes since.

Same for Citizenship.

Nope, you just need a passport for that. 

57 minutes ago, Rik9 said:

Nope, you just need a passport for that. 

Well I had to supply full birth certificates. It asks for a range of things so you might not need it. If you do then you will need to show evidence of name change in some form. If you start to complete the application you will see where it asks for evidence and what documents are accepted. 

• Thanks 1

On 28/03/2019 at 09:18, kkumar said:

If you’re  from india 10 th class certificate they will accept as dob proof and father and name on it 

Hi kkumar.. Yes 10th class passing certificate should work as proof of birth for Indians. It should have your name and atleast one of your parent's name. 

I've just logged into my immi account and it shows my citizenship as finalised today (This application for Australian citizenship by conferral has been finalised. The department may contact the applicant about next steps in this application for Australian citizenship.) 

A little concerned as I haven't received an invite for a test yet... Wondering if it might be a glitch in the system. 

I've just logged into my immi account and it shows my citizenship as finalised today (This application for Australian citizenship by conferral has been finalised. The department may contact the applicant about next steps in this application for Australian citizenship.) 
A little concerned as I haven't received an invite for a test yet... Wondering if it might be a glitch in the system. 

Oh!
Interesting [emoji15][emoji848]

44 minutes ago, CaptainR said:

Oh wow that's interesting... 🤔 🙂

When did you apply? 

Edited by Tanwi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainR said:

Finalised not approved?.  That sounds ominous to me. I do hope not though 

4 hours ago, gkvithia said:

Online Application:- 9th November 2019
Received Status:- 9th November 2019
Test Invite:- 3rd June 2019
Test Date:- 6th June 2019 ( rescheduled from 14th October 2019)
Approved :- Waiting
Council : BANYULE , Victoria

I reckon there's a typo here , online application was done in 2018 instead of 2019 🙂

15 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Finalised not approved?.  That sounds ominous to me. I do hope not though 

Yup, I've spoken to them and they've rejected my application. I applied last July and was claiming the special residency exemption for ships crew, which bizarrely they haven't accepted... Either $920 to appeal or reapply... 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, CaptainR said:

Yup, I've spoken to them and they've rejected my application. I applied last July and was claiming the special residency exemption for ships crew, which bizarrely they haven't accepted... Either $920 to appeal or reapply... 

Oh dear I must admit that is what I thought, they do approvals on line but rejections are usually via snail mail. 

Tricky, cheaper to re apply if you now have more time under your belt I guess.

Bummer 😕

That isn’t good news [emoji20]
But, I have heard of a few people submitting in Feb/March 2019 who already have test dates....so if you did decide to re-apply, there’s a lottery style chance you could get it quickly [emoji3]
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, gkvithia said:

Online Application:- 9th November 2019
Received Status:- 9th November 2019

Online Application:- 9th November 2018
Received Status:- 9th November 2018

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LouDYorkie said:

That isn’t good news emoji20.png
But, I have heard of a few people submitting in Feb/March 2019 who already have test dates....so if you did decide to re-apply, there’s a lottery style chance you could get it quickly emoji3.png

Yes, I think that's probably the go. I had an e-mail last year asking for more information and it was very clear that they didn't really understand their own special residency exemption and ships crew. 

I thought waiting for test date would be the longest and most daunting. 
Learning that for me actually waiting for approval is a nuisance [emoji85]. 

Yes, same for me.
I did my test 3 weeks ago and nothing yet.
Interestingly, I think you pulled your date forward, as did I.
I wonder if we will only get approval around the time of our original test dates [emoji848]
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:

Yes, same for me.
I did my test 3 weeks ago and nothing yet.
Interestingly, I think you pulled your date forward, as did I.
I wonder if we will only get approval around the time of our original test dates emoji848.png

LOL. Same that was what I was thinking. Maybe since I pulled my date forward 🤷🏾‍♀️. Original shedualed test date was the 9th of August so probably I have to wait till than for any outcome 😂.  I did my test the 27th of May... *sigh*🙈

Edited by Tanwi

Out of curiosity does anyone know what checks they actually do? 

I was told a further AFP check is required because they only get a maximum of 40 days use from the date it is sent to them. Other checks depend on circumstances (although the person I asked didn’t elaborate)