AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi,

Hopefully this is the right forum to post in, if not, apologies.

I become eligible to apply for citizenship in December and intend to apply then.  However, I'm looking at travelling for overseas for five-six months from the beginning of May next year.  As my overseas travel will be after I apply, will it cause any problems with my application?

Thanks for your help with this.

15 minutes ago, lttm said:

Hi,

I become eligible to apply for citizenship in December and intend to apply then.  However, I'm looking at travelling for overseas for five-six months from the beginning of May next year.  As my overseas travel will be after I apply, will it cause any problems with my application?

Hi, Ittm

Pretty sure if you do your application online, there will be a section asking if you intend to travel to oversea in the near future,
just provide the correct details, and you should be fine, but on the side note, I don't know if they will secretly delay your processing time tho...

Hi, whenwillthisend

Thanks for the response.  I'm more worried about having my application denied as I'm spending too much time out of the country and than having to wait another nine+ months after I get back before applying again, and I'd rather not pay all the visa fees. 

16 hours ago, lttm said:

Hi,

I am confused. You became eligible in December 2017 or will be eligible in December 2018?

20 hours ago, lttm said:

Hi,

Hi lttm

I have been looking to do something similar with overseas travel after applying. I can apply for citizenship on 13/05/18 and when I spoke to the helpline (huge wait, 100+ callers, so choose phone back option) they informed me that besides the fact that you must not exceed the 90 day limit for being out of the country in the preceding 12 months to your application, any travel at all can affect the date at which you can be considered. Added to this I was also informed if you travel out of the country once you have applied, this can also possibly affect the date for acceptance. I hope I've interpreted this correctly!

Final Timeline
Application with two children: 24 Apr 2017 (Perth)
Test e-mail came to alternate e-mail address: 30 Jan 2018 (Received when I was overseas for 40 days 29Dec2017 to 9Feb2018 without informing DIBP)
Test: 20 Feb 2018
Approved in Immi account: 7 Mar 2018
Approval letter: Not received yet (didn't check letter box today)
Ceremony letter by e-mail: 13 March 2018
Ceremony date: 28 March 2018 (Kalgoorlie Council)

This e-mail has also come in my alternate e-mail address (not the one in which my immi acoount is set). Previous all communications (acknowledgment, money receipt, processing related – stop or restart etc.) were made in my main e-mail address. But test e-mail and citizenship e-mail were sent through additional e-mail address which I supplied in the application.

The content of e-mail sent by Kalgoorlie Council is as follows :

Good afternoon,

Please find attached your letter for the 28th March 2018 Citizenship Ceremony.

Thanks and kind regards

Three letters were attached in this e-mail for 2 children and me. My wife is waiting as she applied on 17 Jun 2017 in Perth and has to wait for another one and half months (approx).

Hi,

I hope someone can share their experience about my question.

I've lodged my application a few minutes ago, and I'm aware that details about my parents have been filled in the online form. When I reached the section for attaching evidence, I noticed that my parents' names were placed under recommended items needing documents for evidence. I didn't pay attention to that since as the heading implied IT WASNT a required field. In fact, my payment went through smoothly.

However, after I've made the payment I saw the names of both my parents labelled as applicants right below my own name.

Why are they considered applicants? Did I make an error somewhere?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light on this.

23 hours ago, soulhuntsman said:

It’s pretty simple question but here you go:

Are there any other June 2017 applicants left on this forum who have not received test appointment yet?

I have applied from NSW

Would have been a simple question if your grammar was correct.