AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 1/30/2018 at 10:57, Rorz said:

See attached. All info on processing times available on the immigration website

OZ Citizenship Application Times.JPG

Processing times have changed for 75% of applications processed in from 12 months to 13 months

Citizenship processing times at 06032018.JPG

Hi guys,

I have a question relating my passport details. I need to renew my expiring passport soon and I also submitted my citizenship application. I know I can update my passport details online through the ImmiAccount for my application but I'm wondering if it will update my passport details on VEVO too or do I have to submit another form for my PR visa? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Stevwtosh said:

Hi Chris N lora, 

How long does passport have to be valid for, before applying? 

As long as you have a valid passport you can do it online, our had expired and, I had to submit it via a paper based application.  As others have mentioned, pre fill it out online and then save, you can submit it when you are ready. 

1 hour ago, Rorz said:

Processing times have changed for 75% of applications processed in from 12 months to 13 months

Citizenship processing times at 06032018.JPG

My wife called immigration today to ask a generic question and she was told that "it WILL take 15 months' by a snotty lady on the telephone....she didn't even call to ask that!

Hi guys I have a question when we apply citizenship online do we have to certified all documents and need to be sign by same person who sign in declaration form and attach certified documents to IMimi account. We have to attach old passports and entry year in Australia as well.

39 minutes ago, Raghav100 said:

Hi guys I have a question when we apply citizenship online do we have to certified all documents and need to be sign by same person who sign in declaration form and attach certified documents to IMimi account. We have to attach old passports and entry year in Australia as well.

For online applications coloured scanned copies are sufficient. No need of certification. If you send by post, certified copies are required from JP or any other listed persons, not necessarily who has signed in declaration form.

19 hours ago, wattsy1982 said:

My wife called immigration today to ask a generic question and she was told that "it WILL take 15 months' by a snotty lady on the telephone....she didn't even call to ask that!

Its hit or miss with who you get on the phone. They must get sick of being asked the same questions so you can understand from their point of view. They are just a call centre passing on the message and dealing with the mess the government has created.  I wonder what the timeframe for the remaining 10% is? 2 years? :sad: 

2 hours ago, wattsy1982 said:

If they just had transparency on the immi account about how the application is progressing id say 80% of calls would be prevented

I am afraid I cant agree with you my friend. Please think about this scenario - Your friend applied way after you did but attended the ceremony last week, while you are struggling to get your test appointment. Would you call to clarify? What is worse, this is not my assumption. According to Whirlpool and many other forums FILO does happen, and it happens quite often.  

1 minute ago, Eddie0719 said:

I am afraid I cant agree with you my friend. Please think about this scenario - Your friend applied way after you did but attended the ceremony last week, while you are struggling to get your test appointment. Would you call to clarify? What is worse, this is not my assumption. According to Whirlpool and many other forums FILO does happen, and it happens quite often.  

Yeah this is crazy......we know a couple here that applied at the same time, she's had her test back in dec and he's not heard ANYTHING yet...theres no rhyme or reason for it....no consistency.

This is what annoys people.

We are almost 3 months post test and not a word of approval or anything. We are currently pausing a European family holiday until we've been approved other wise they won't approve you is you are offshore.

Life on hold!

5 minutes ago, msvayani said:

Have you got any source for this information?

I saw in another forum. I have searched and came up with the following news. But, it does not infer that the new changes will be introduced. That is why I was asking is the news real? 

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/ethnic-separatism-putting-australia-s-multicultural-society-at-risk-government

Mr Tudge, who recently took over the citizenship portfolio, will tonight deliver a speech to the Menzies Research Centre warning Australia needed to work harder to ensure migrants integrate with broader society.

Edited by ArsalanAhmad

25 minutes ago, ArsalanAhmad said:

I saw in another forum. I have searched and came up with the following news. But, it does not infer that the new changes will be introduced. That is why I was asking is the news real? 

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/ethnic-separatism-putting-australia-s-multicultural-society-at-risk-government

Mr Tudge, who recently took over the citizenship portfolio, will tonight deliver a speech to the Menzies Research Centre warning Australia needed to work harder to ensure migrants integrate with broader society.

Just got confirmation from MP Tony Burke.

image.png.405111666381b6c6b56cfaa70f9b0e70.png

Just waiting for the day. Saw in immi account and status is changed to Approved. Applied with my son (9 years) and daughter (8 years). Wife applied separately after 2 months.
City: Perth
Council: Kalgoorlie
Applied: 24 April 2017
Test e-mail: 30 January 2018
Test: 20 February 2018 (100%)
Approved in immi Account: 7 March 2018
Approval letter: ?
Ceremony letter: ?
Ceremony:?

Was bit worried with delay in approval as we were in abroad during 29 Dec 2017 to 7 Feb 2018. Got test e-mail while in abroad.
Don't worry. Everybody will get test and approval soon. There is no pattern or no logic to follow. Just we have to wait. Thank you all for your valuable advises and experiences.
Regards

7 hours ago, AKG said:

Just waiting for the day. Saw in immi account and status is changed to Approved. Applied with my son (9 years) and daughter (8 years). Wife applied separately after 2 months.
City: Perth
Council: Kalgoorlie
Applied: 24 April 2017
Test e-mail: 30 January 2018
Test: 20 February 2018 (100%)
Approved in immi Account: 7 March 2018
Approval letter: ?
Ceremony letter: ?
Ceremony:?

Was bit worried with delay in approval as we were in abroad during 29 Dec 2017 to 7 Feb 2018. Got test e-mail while in abroad.
Don't worry. Everybody will get test and approval soon. There is no pattern or no logic to follow. Just we have to wait. Thank you all for your valuable advises and experiences.
Regards

Hi I hope you get soon your approval letter.I saw in forum people saying we are not allowed to go overseas once we apply citizenship until we celebrate ceremony. So you don’t have any issues when you travel outside Australia 

5 minutes ago, Raghav100 said:

Hi I hope you get soon your approval letter.I saw in forum people saying we are not allowed to go overseas once we apply citizenship until we celebrate ceremony. So you don’t have any issues when you travel outside Australia 

Apparently you can travel oversea, but make sure its before your interview / test, also you got to notify immi if you do so

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whenwillthisend said:

Apparently you can travel oversea, but make sure its before your interview / test, also you got to notify immi if you do so

And the only way to notify immigration is to call them and be on hold for 90 minutes 

• Sad 1

Good news here for some of the long waiting Sydney Applicants, I checked my partners Immi account and it has finally changed to Approved! A looooooong 9 months after passing his test, and 13 months since application. Now to wait for the ceremony but this is a massive relief as it was the unending limbo that we found most stressful. Hooray!

Timeline as follows:

Applied Online: Feb 2017

Test (Sydney CBD): June 2017

Approval: March 2018

Ceremony: Who knows but Immi account says usually 6 months from approval!

5 hours ago, Raghav100 said:

Immi  is informed automatically when you leave country from airport. I don't think,  they should be informed separately.

Edited by AKG
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

I got this this afternoon and just wanted to share with everyone in this forum:

Tony Burke tony@tonyburke.com.au via sg.actionnetwork.org 

1:38 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

YE,

Talk about an anticlimax. After creating an expectation that the Government would reveal all the detail of their new Citizenship Bill last night, the Minister released almost no detail at all.

I’ve gone through the speech carefully and while referring to a whole lot of things, he provided no further information. In fact he even said that he wanted to discuss the concepts further before anything was introduced to the Parliament.

What we’ve seen over the last few days has been a media stunt rather than a policy announcement but there’s a few thing we can be sure of.

Firstly, they will change the dates but there will still be an unreasonable delay, that will mean some people would be waiting more than a decade.

Secondly, they want to use the same expensive IELTS testing regime that the universities use and apply it to anyone who wants to become and Australian citizen

When we get specifics I’ll let you know. But you can be guaranteed that Labor fought for you last time, and we will fight for you again.

Tony.

Authorised by T. Burke, Shop 29, 1 Broadway Punchbowl NSW 2196

Sent via ActionNetwork.org. To update your email address, change your name or address, or to stop receiving emails from Tony Burke, please click here

Applicants appear test centres conducted directly by DIBP and also by DHS (Department of Human Services like medicare, centrelink etc.). Those who appear in DIBP test centres, their approval is done straightaway; whereas, for DHS applicants, it is approved afterwards by a DIBP person on receiving data from DHS. Test centres link is available at 
http://www.aussiecitizenshiptest.com/australian-citizenship-test-centres.php

Hello Guys,

Just want to thank you to all the blog members who take their valuable time to share information regarding citizenship. It is very helpful. I also have applied my citizenship yesterday and assuming that my file will open in the end of the year or next year?. Anyway I was just checking when I was about to lodge my file I got one message at the end stating that “ you havn’t provided all the required evidence , tell the reason for that”. But I am sure that I have attach all the evidence whatever the file asked for. I gave the reason that I have provided all the required evidence. After that I was able to successfully submit my file. Is this normal? Or just I am the one who had this issue? Any response will be appreciated.

Thank you 

Mavi