AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi,

Can someone with experience please share some knowledge:

While I am waiting for test appointment, my wife has already been approved on immi account 3 hours after giving her test last Monday. Is my wife meant to receive an approval letter as well? Does it come through email or mail?

What will be the next steps for her, please share some info as I don’t like the idea of calling immi to check this. Our applications are linked applied in June 2017.

55 minutes ago, soulhuntsman said:

Hi,

Can someone with experience please share some knowledge:

While I am waiting for test appointment, my wife has already been approved on immi account 3 hours after giving her test last Monday. Is my wife meant to receive an approval letter as well? Does it come through email or mail?

What will be the next steps for her, please share some info as I don’t like the idea of calling immi to check this. Our applications are linked applied in June 2017.

Just out of curiosity, where are you applying from? Its not related to your questions (sorry) just getting an idea of different cities processing times.

Thats very quick approval time, I'm now over 2 months post test and not heard anything.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, wattsy1982 said:

Just out of curiosity, where are you applying from? Its not related to your questions (sorry) just getting an idea of different cities processing times.

Thats very quick approval time, I'm now over 2 months post test and not heard anything.

Thanks

NSW (Sydney cbd)

• Like 1

Guest Guest226914

I finally heard about my citizenship ceremony today. So happy this whole process will finally be over. It’s not easy being a migrant!

Applied Jan 17

Test August 17

Approval Dec 17

Ceremony April 18

From Sydney

Hopefully the passport application process is smoother!

Hope everyone else get answers soon!

17 minutes ago, george8181 said:

I finally heard about my citizenship ceremony today. So happy this whole process will finally be over. It’s not easy being a migrant!

Applied Jan 17

Test August 17

Approval Dec 17

Ceremony April 18

From Sydney

Hopefully the passport application process is smoother!

Hope everyone else get answers soon!

Congratulations! Do you mind to give us a bit more information.? What nationality are you and did you apply online or paper based? Hope that is not too nosey :) There doesnt seem to be any method to their madness in terms of how they process applications going by what has been posted on this thread. Just need to sit tight and you will only get complaints dealt with if its been >15months since applying 

5 hours ago, wattsy1982 said:

Can paper applications be linked/added to an online immi account?????

We applied by paper in August, received email notification, received test date via email, now waiting for approval and ceremony....I have created an account online and added my paper application ref number to it and it brings up details of myself and my 2 sons but its saying we need to upload ALL supporting paperwork etc......I was told that I don't need to and its asking that because it doesn't know I've sent them via post as they can't be linked.....but now after seeing the above post I'm wondering whether somethings gone wrong and I need to upload the docs...but surely I wouldnt have had a test if they didn't have all the supporting docs they needed?

Our account only recognises our name and that our application has been received - it's also asking for supporting docs to be uploaded but I've already sent these via post. I did ring immigration the other day to query if these docs need to be uploaded (which isnt a problem in itself but getting someone to fill out a new form again stating they know you is a hassle), but was 122nd in the queue and gave up.

5 minutes ago, catatemyfish said:

Our account only recognises our name and that our application has been received - it's also asking for supporting docs to be uploaded but I've already sent these via post. I did ring immigration the other day to query if these docs need to be uploaded (which isnt a problem in itself but getting someone to fill out a new form again stating they know you is a hassle), but was 122nd in the queue and gave up.

I was lucky enough to be offered a call back service when I called this morning as my wait was going to be (quote) "more than 1 hours"............3 hours later they called....I spoke to someone who told me that my application wasn't showing any further documents requiring and the online account was only asking for these because they haven't been uploaded, not because they didn't have them. He did say my application was 'near to the end' but how true that is I don't know. Also, he told me that if we have any overseas travel plans prior to being 'approved' then we wouldnt be approved while we are offshore but we are free to go overseas once approved providing we notify them.

• Like 1

Anyone has experience with de-linking application joined for citizenship ceremony (that was a really out of luck question) so that at least my wife completes citizenship journey rather then Waiting for me since I have not received test appointment yet and she’s already approved.

• Like 1

Guest Guest226914
Congratulations! Do you mind to give us a bit more information.? What nationality are you and did you apply online or paper based? Hope that is not too nosey [emoji4] There doesnt seem to be any method to their madness in terms of how they process applications going by what has been posted on this thread. Just need to sit tight and you will only get complaints dealt with if its been >15months since applying 

Online and I am British! Honestly this whole process is painful and when I tell Australian colleagues what we have to go through they’re shocked!

1 hour ago, soulhuntsman said:

Anyone has experience with de-linking application joined for citizenship ceremony (that was a really out of luck question) so that at least my wife completes citizenship journey rather then Waiting for me since I have not received test appointment yet and she’s already approved.

Do a change of circumstances form and explain why you wish to de link ....I think it is stupid you apply at the same time yet not get the results at the same time. I understand some of the frustration you guys get ...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cool said:

Hi guys ! I uploaded  form 1195 in my online application in April 2017.My GP signed and wrote 4 months has known me but  now it is 14 months with that  GP.(no my citizenship test yet). 

requirement is at least 12 months must be known 

Do my GP need to sign new form 1195 or  can write 14 months and signature on previous form 1195 and can upload the same form 1195?

Your suggestion please. 

Thanks 

Personally, I would quickly run to the GP with a new form to sign .... or if the form is still dated 12 months ago upload it with a covering letter explaining. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2018 at 12:15, bwatt99 said:

My wife applied 8th September 2017 should have been start of june but cause of them trying to change the rules put it off.

Should we be contacting them to get an update? We are in perth so maybe things are slower here.

Everything is slower there ;) 

Hi Guys,

I would appreciate you help with the following; I am filling the citizenship application and when it comes to ask me about the parents of the applicant, I have filled my parent details and that I don't have their passport details as they never been to Australia. At the end of the application where I attached all the documents under my name I also can see my parents name and they have written the following (This applicant is not required to provide any evidence at this stage based on the information provided within the application. However, the department may request further information from this applicant at a later date.) How come my parents are applicant? I don't understand what is happening?

Can anyone tell me if this occurred before and should I proceed and submit it with this message or what?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, AA1986 said:

Hi Guys,

I would appreciate you help with the following; I am filling the citizenship application and when it comes to ask me about the parents of the applicant, I have filled my parent details and that I don't have their passport details as they never been to Australia. At the end of the application where I attached all the documents under my name I also can see my parents name and they have written the following (This applicant is not required to provide any evidence at this stage based on the information provided within the application. However, the department may request further information from this applicant at a later date.) How come my parents are applicant? I don't understand what is happening?

Can anyone tell me if this occurred before and should I proceed and submit it with this message or what?

Thanks

It’s a standard workflow only for information gathering.. parents are not applicants for citizenship. Thus, no need to attach any documents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulhuntsman said:

It’s a standard workflow only for information gathering.. parents are not applicants for citizenship. Thus, no need to attach any documents.

Thanks for getting back to me 

much appreciate it

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 18:23, AA1986 said:

Thanks for getting back to me 

much appreciate it

I would assume it is for background checks. IIRC i had to provide the marriage dates of my older siblings which was very strange. Havent spoken to them in years. Was a bit strange calling them out of the blue and asking them the date they got married. 

Hi all, 

Am due to apply for my citizenship in 2 weeks time, please can I prefilled the forms online while waiting for the date for submission, this is due to the nature of my work as I don't have much time to sit down and fill it in a go and I don't want to take chances when no one can say what will happen in twinkle of an eye. 

Best regards to you all. 

Steve 

5 minutes ago, Stevwtosh said:

Hi all, 

Am due to apply for my citizenship in 2 weeks time, please can I prefilled the forms online while waiting for the date for submission, this is due to the nature of my work as I don't have much time to sit down and fill it in a go and I don't want to take chances when no one can say what will happen in twinkle of an eye. 

Best regards to you all. 

Steve 

I am exactly in the same situation. I tried to pre-fill application but it didn't go through. After entering initial information, it says you don't meet residency requirement yet.

18 minutes ago, msvayani said:

I am exactly in the same situation. I tried to pre-fill application but it didn't go through. After entering initial information, it says you don't meet residency requirement yet.

What i did when i did mine and wife you applied last year was just printed out paperwork and pre filled it in and when we was able to apply you have most of the stuff wrote down to enter online.

Some stuff might be different on paper than online and few extra questions but it does speed up things not having to look it all up while applying online.

2 hours ago, msvayani said:

It won’t let you progress if you are not eligible.  If you think you are then maybe you made a mistake inputting the dates.

one or two people have had issues if they have messed up a visa or bridging visa in the past and therefore had some illegal stay.  In that case the clock re sets.

3 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

You can fill in the on line form and save it.  I did ours over a week or so and only pressed submit when it was all complete and I had the evidence ready to attach.

Hi tammy girl, 

I got to a point when am prefilling it in my immigration account when a warning message appaared about the residence eligibility, that I may not currently be eligible. That's when I stopped to ask question here if someone has done it before, I do think want to mess up. 

3 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

It won’t let you progress if you are not eligible.  If you think you are then maybe you made a mistake inputting the dates.

one or two people have had issues if they have messed up a visa or bridging visa in the past and therefore had some illegal stay.  In that case the clock re sets.

Correct. I know I am not eligible yet. Just tried to pre-fill the form before the eligibility date (28/3).

I will probably do as @bwatt99 suggested. Pre-filling print form right now and enter details online on the day of submission.