AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

We applied in December, shouldof dobe it years ago lived here over 6 years... however, we appreciate they are short staffed loads of backlog due to an inept government .,, I wouldn't complain or protest personally as well just wait and get it when given ...  no one has a right to citizenship... so shouldn't really be complaining just be patient it's not immigrations fault the government are incompetent.

Hi all,

Morning.

An update for myself: I got a phone call from the DIBP yesterday afternoon and was told NOT TO CONTACT THEM ANYMORE. I was also told that I contacted them 8 times in different ways – emails, calls, complaints etc.... He said they won't consider my application within 12 months. That's it. His name is Andrew and he was polite though.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 09:47, Eddie0719 said:

Hi all,

Morning.

An update for myself: I got a phone call from the DIBP yesterday afternoon and was told NOT TO CONTACT THEM ANYMORE. I was also told that I contacted them 8 times in different ways – emails, calls, complaints etc.... He said they won't consider my application within 12 months. That's it. His name is Andrew and he was polite though.

Sorry, to hear of your plight, just hold tight it will happen ... sometimes its not good to rock the boat... 

2 hours ago, rakesht said:

Hi guys I am applying citizenship for me and my wife but I can't apply im my application it has to be 2 separate applications. Has anyone have similar case or you can apply both application together.

She has to apply for her own citizenship surely. Is she not able to do her own application?

She has to apply for her own citizenship surely. Is she not able to do her own application?
Hi snifter she can her own definitely but I was wondering if I can add her in to my application. There is no such option to add wife only you can add is kids not wife so she has to apply her own.

2 hours ago, rakesht said:

Hi guys I am applying citizenship for me and my wife but I can't apply im my application it has to be 2 separate applications. Has anyone have similar case or you can apply both application together.

We applied on separate applications but under the same immi account and paid together. All very straightforward ?

4 minutes ago, rakesht said:
18 minutes ago, snifter said:

Hi snifter she can her own definitely but I was wondering if I can add her in to my application. There is no such option to add wife only you can add is kids not wife so she has to apply her own.

she is over 18 she has to apply herself, my wife and I did it separate, and only one daughter could go on the wife's application as she was under 18 the over 18 had to do her own ... are you attenuating to avoid the value of payment hence your application  

Hi all, I've applied for my citizenship, end of December, which I can assume that it wouldn't have been looked at until mid January, does anyone know that if I have to leave the country for some important reasons, am I able to do that and postpone the test date as well, has anyone experienced this.. I would have to leave around mid march and can get back to Oz beginning of June.. Thanks 

Hello guys,

Just want to let you know that I have received the test email this Saturday morning. Seems immi is working during weekends as well:o

application date: 27.04.2017

test email received: 03.02.2018

test date: 21.02.2018

nationality: China

I saw some members were talking about if we have waited for more than 8 months before the test date, we will have our application approved soon. Just fingers crossed for that! I have been waiting for almost 10 months just for the test date. 

1 hour ago, An26 said:

Hello guys,

Just want to let you know that I have received the test email this Saturday morning. Seems immi is working during weekends as well:o

application date: 27.04.2017

test email received: 03.02.2018

test date: 21.02.2018

nationality: China

I saw some members were talking about if we have waited for more than 8 months before the test date, we will have our application approved soon. Just fingers crossed for that! I have been waiting for almost 10 months just for the test date. 

Hi An26, I am also from China, located in Mel VIC, I remembered that I received test email around 10:30pm, 15 Jun 2017, lodged application 16 April (The Easter Sunday night). Just make best wishes to you and hope you can be approved soon after test. ps, I am still waiting for the approval letter since test date 22 Jun 2017 to now. 

Guys,

I received the email for test last Saturday. I went to my immi account and the email was not showing! The only email is showing is the acknowledgment letter. Make sure you check your email carefully! You might miss it by checking immi account only. 

Edited by An26