AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

I arrived in Australia on 1st Oct 2012 on 457 visa

visa granted (PR) on 23rd Oct 2015

till now I haven't travel anywhere (living in Australia)

My questions is:

Do I need overseas police check and AFP while submitting application for citizenship on 24th Oct 2016?

Edited by shriniwas211

I arrived in Australia on 1st Oct 2012 on 457 visa

visa granted (PR) on 23rd Oct 2012

till now I haven't travel anywhere (living in Australia)

My questions is:

Do I need overseas police check and AFP? while submitting application for citizenship on 24th Oct 2016?

Did you read the link provided by MaggieMay24?

You will need to provide original penal clearance certificates from overseas countries if, since the grant of your permanent Australian visa:

• you lived or travelled overseas since the age of 18 years or over, and

• the total time spent overseas added up to 12 months or more, and

• the time spent in any one country was more than 90 days, or

• you are requested to do so by the department.

If you are applying outside Australia, then Australia should be considered an overseas country.

1. Date applied: 12/3/16

2. City/Council area: Yarra, Melbourne

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email: Same day - 12/3/16

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: Waiting...

6. Date of ceremony: Waiting...

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): Normal

No test date yet ?

Guest dubsydney

I want to update my timeline!!! Soooo happy even

it took around 7 months of waiting until the finish line..

Date Applied: October 19,2015

Paper Application

Acknowledgement and test dates notification:Around First week of December 2015

Test date: January 21,2016

Date of approval/date of

ceremony: two letters/posts arrived today April 26,2016

Date of ceremony:May 24,2016

I wish everyone will get their citizenship soon!!!!

1. Date applied: 16/4/16
  2. City/Council area: Brisbane
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 21/4/16
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 21/6/16
  6. Date of ceremony: TBA
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): ​Normal

No, nothing as of yet. I logged in to check my application and it still says 'application received' and then there's a message saying I've to upload a few of the documents but I did already do that with my initial application.

Same .. don't know whats wrong with the Melbourne office !!

Same .. don't know whats wrong with the Melbourne office !!

From what I've read on other forums, the Melb office appears to be swamped with applications, and a timeline website suggests that the average calendar day wait to receiving a test appointment is 22 days with the maximum being 60 days. Not sure if those numbers are to be relied upon, but that's based on feedback submitted, so...

Oh and I applied 2 weeks ago (Melb office again) and haven't heard a word either, so I guess I'm in for a long wait too.

Hi all, firstly thanks for sharing your timelines and experiences - thanks to this board I've found out that I'm eligible for citizenship six months earlier than I'd previously thought, due to a conveniently-timed vacation before making the move in mid-2013. I thought the gap between the visas rendered that time moot, but it seems DIBP decided otherwise fortunately! :)

I'm in a similar position with my eligibility as user sapphilor a couple of pages back, but I noticed that they received two different answers. So I just wanted to share what I'd learnt - I called the citizenship hotline number, who acknowledged that my eligibility date was currently four years following my entry to Australia on my first tourist visa, and that there is no hard rule stating that you need to have been in Australia on Day One of the four years ("you can apply when you're eligible") as long as you had entered the country. I found this somewhere else on this forum: https://www.border.gov.au/Citizenship/Documents/acis-july-2014.pdf , and on page 75 (thank goodness for Ctrl+F) they have a guidance note on this exact scenario. As long as you had a valid visa ticking away in the background for the whole time (like my 651 eVisitor) and you had previously entered the country as has been oft-repeated here, you're fine.

My timeline for reference:

Dec 2012: Entered Aus for 2 weeks

Mar 2013: Primary applicant (my mum) relocated to Aus on an eVisitor

Jul 2013: Relocated to Aus on an eVisitor

Aug 2013: Approved for BVA as secondary applicant (dependent) on 820

Apr 2014: 820 approved

Mar 2015: 802 PR applied for

Nov 2015: 802 PR granted

Mar 2016: Finally notified that 802 PR was granted

Dec 2016: Eligible to apply for citizenship (pushed to mid-Jan 2017 due to travel slightly exceeding the 365 day limit)

Anyway, sorry that's long winded but hopefully it can help someone else! See you guys in January when my eligibility rolls around :)

Hi all, firstly thanks for sharing your timelines and experiences - thanks to this board I've found out that I'm eligible for citizenship six months earlier than I'd previously thought, due to a conveniently-timed vacation before making the move in mid-2013. I thought the gap between the visas rendered that time moot, but it seems DIBP decided otherwise fortunately! :)

I'm in a similar position with my eligibility as user sapphilor a couple of pages back, but I noticed that they received two different answers. So I just wanted to share what I'd learnt - I called the citizenship hotline number, who acknowledged that my eligibility date was currently four years following my entry to Australia on my first tourist visa, and that there is no hard rule stating that you need to have been in Australia on Day One of the four years ("you can apply when you're eligible") as long as you had entered the country. I found this somewhere else on this forum: https://www.border.gov.au/Citizenship/Documents/acis-july-2014.pdf , and on page 75 (thank goodness for Ctrl+F) they have a guidance note on this exact scenario. As long as you had a valid visa ticking away in the background for the whole time (like my 651 eVisitor) and you had previously entered the country as has been oft-repeated here, you're fine.

My timeline for reference:

Dec 2012: Entered Aus for 2 weeks

Mar 2013: Primary applicant (my mum) relocated to Aus on an eVisitor

Jul 2013: Relocated to Aus on an eVisitor

Aug 2013: Approved for BVA as secondary applicant (dependent) on 820

Apr 2014: 820 approved

Mar 2015: 802 PR applied for

Nov 2015: 802 PR granted

Mar 2016: Finally notified that 802 PR was granted

Dec 2016: Eligible to apply for citizenship (pushed to mid-Jan 2017 due to travel slightly exceeding the 365 day limit)

Anyway, sorry that's long winded but hopefully it can help someone else! See you guys in January when my eligibility rolls around :)

we'll be sailing on same boat mate,

see my timelines below:

1st Oct 2012: Entered Aus with 457 sponsored visa (Myself, wife & Child)

10 June 2015: 186 PR applied

23 Oct 2015: 186 PR granted

In this case I’m eligible to apply for citizenship on 24th Oct 2016, however I’ll apply for citizenship on 1st November for the safer side.

1. Date applied 28/10/2015
  2. City/Council area Randwick
  3. Online / Paper Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email 29/10/2015
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test 11/11/2015
  6. Date of ceremony 05/05/2016 (invite sent 05/04/2016)
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) Normal