Paper Applications in Regional Queensland

Darley Dale

Timeline...

Paper Application as I am male over 60+ years not required to take test only interview

Applied 3rd April 2018

Acknowledged 23rd April 2018

Unable to do online via the system only 18-59 yo able to apply online

ImmiAcct - showing received

Nothing since

British by birth - English spoken - retired - married to Australian citizen - no children

Have counted 9 Applicants who have had interview/test within 12 months of application or just over

Can anyone please advise if:

(a) they have applied via paper

(b) timelines

(c) live in a regional area

(d) country of birth + age

Many thanks, will be contacting Citizenship next week when 12 months is 3rd April 2019

Any response/s would be gratefully appreciated - thanks

Hi Darley Dale,

Sorry, I can not offer any help with your questions, but your screen name got my attention immediately - are you a Darley Dale person ? 

I was born & bred in Darley Dale (long time ago) left the UK in 1990,  lived in Perth, WA for 28 years.

We are currently spending six months in Derbyshire catching up with relatives, we fly back to Australia next week - going to live on The Sunshine Coast for a change.

Good luck with your plans and I hope you get to move very soon.

Hi and thank you for your post.

I was born in Darley Dale, spent my infanthood at Lindrick - Father built house at Farley Hill when I was about 7 yo and we moved back there, lived in Matlock until I immigrated to Sydney Australia in 1971 aged 21.  Married an English lass at aged 23 in 1975, went back to live in Matlock, for a short period returning back to Sydney Australia in 1977, unfortunately we split up I went back to England, my wife stayed in Australia and became an Australian citizen in 1978.  We divorced in 1980.  Did not see from my ex-wife for 34 years until she knocked on my door (Matlock) in 2012.   To cut a long story short we got back together again and remarried in Australia 2014, I was under a Spousal Visa, I am now an Australian Resident awaiting my Australian Citizenship, just under 12 months by 4 days waiting, hope it is very soon... so have come full circle.

We live one hour north of the Sunshine Coast (One of our favourite visiting places - shopping, sight seeing etc. especially Montville in the Hinterland) we are in Gympie where my wife lived for many years before we caught up with each other again...the area in similar to Matlock.

We wish you happy holidays and a safe journey home to Oz... maybe we could keep in touch.  I bet the Brexit thing is all the rage at present.

All the best.

Edited by Darley Dale
removed name

Hi Darley Dale,

In my 28 years of living in Perth, WA I never came across anyone who had ever heard of Darley Dale !

Thank you for your reply, and I'll certainly be in touch once settled back in Australia.

And I hope you get a speedy citizenship very soon.

Kind regards.

this is interesting as we applied paper-postal service  Brisbane  city  2/1/18 so now 15 months ago , we got acknowledgement within few days  promptly  then absolutely nothing .... no request for extra info whatsoever and waiting for test date...we are straight forward working  UK family of 4  in our 40s with 2 kids living in Brisbane city  with no issues ....i have since uploaded all copies we have of all the forms we sent in  to our immi account and a covering letter just in case  ... still nothing.

I know friends who applied well after us and already done test ...... i have rang them also to check all ok- they adviced paper treated same as online applications and just to wait .... and so we wait now at 15 months patiently for a test date ..... whilst it doesnt change anything as we secured RRV and all uk passports fairly new its a bit frustrating when we see others get dealt with quicker  without any explanation when we ring .

If we knew our number in the queue i wouldnt fret lol

I just hope it all gets sorted before have to apply for RRV again lol! 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 04:47, AliQ said:

Hi Darley Dale,

Sorry, I can not offer any help with your questions, but your screen name got my attention immediately - are you a Darley Dale person ? 

I was born & bred in Darley Dale (long time ago) left the UK in 1990,  lived in Perth, WA for 28 years.

We are currently spending six months in Derbyshire catching up with relatives, we fly back to Australia next week - going to live on The Sunshine Coast for a change.

Good luck with your plans and I hope you get to move very soon.

Hi have you returned yet to Oz and moved to Sunny Coast.... have you got your Australian Citizenship ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2019 at 10:36, Darley Dale said:

Hi have you returned yet to Oz and moved to Sunny Coast.... have you got your Australian Citizenship ?

Hi Darley Dale, yes, we are now here BUT, not sure if we’ll stay.

Got a lot to think about, our recent UK experience opened our eyes, in our opinion the UK has come on in leaps & bounds since we left in 1990.

I’ll post again once we make a decision 😊 and yes we do have citizenship, got that in 1993.

4 hours ago, AliQ said:

Hi Darley Dale, yes, we are now here BUT, not sure if we’ll stay.

Got a lot to think about, our recent UK experience opened our eyes, in our opinion the UK has come on in leaps & bounds since we left in 1990.

I’ll post again once we make a decision 😊 and yes we do have citizenship, got that in 1993.

Hi welcome Home to Oz.... sorry to hear that you may be thinking of returning back to England.....love the weather and lifestyle here in Oz too much to return back to cold, wet and snow.... but do hope you really think about going back, probably work may be an issue for you with better opportunities, depending one what field you are in....where about on the Sunny coast are you are present? would like to have a chat further with you.... glad to hear you already have your citizenship, so you can always return home to Oz.... if need be.... I am still awaiting notice it has been 13 months now and many who applied after me by a goodly number of months have already had test/interview and/or ceremony and even passport.... putting together a report to present to our local MP as we speak.

All the best...

Richard