Light at the end of the tunnel 143

HarrisL16

Just thought I would pop back onto site and update my story, we applied in 4/15 and was granted 143 in 4/18, so there is light at the end of that long tunnel! Even though the wait has now increased. We were lucky enough to have 2 600 visas granted in our waiting period and spent the time here exploring Australia towing a caravan a great way to see this beautiful country. Our visa was granted whilst we were in Australia so had to do a quick trip to Bali to meet the requirements of being off shore. We finished our time then flew back to UK to sell the house took a bit longer than expected but finally arrived on 20th Feb. a bit nervous going through customs but clutched the visa grant email hard copy in my hand but never had to show it. 

Now back in our caravan heading from Brisbane to Melbourne to look for a house as both sons live close to city, so exciting times ahead. Leaving the UK was quite emotional underestimated how much it takes out of you saying so many goodbyes. 

We used PSS removals the guys that came were really professional, friendly and our contents are somewhere in Asian waters so hope the next bit going through customs goes smoothly and the smell of Jeyes fluid isn't to overwhelming. 

This site has been so useful to us, through it we have met some lovely people .Everyone is willing to share their information and experiences which really helps. So hang on in that waiting room and keep decluttering it really helps in the end. Good luck 🤞and hope your turn comes soon. Lorraine.

• Like 2

Thansk for sharing your story Lorraine. Hope my Mum’s 143 will soon be proceeded 😞 I lodged her application on Feb 2016 and still haven’t heard anything yet.... 

May I ask what type of 600 visa were you on? Family sponsored or tourist visa? And how long for the visa? 

I did the same for my mum. I applied for her a family sponsored visitor visa (600) and she got granted on April 2018 for 12months stay straight. I thought it could be enough time for her 143 been kicked in while she’s here.. But still she will have to fly out of Australia this end of March 😞 

I don’t know if I can apply for another visitor visa for mum after she gets out of Australia or should I wait for few months 😞 

On 26/03/2019 at 06:38, HarrisL16 said:

Just thought I would pop back onto site and update my story, we applied in 4/15 and was granted 143 in 4/18, so there is light at the end of that long tunnel! Even though the wait has now increased. We were lucky enough to have 2 600 visas granted in our waiting period and spent the time here exploring Australia towing a caravan a great way to see this beautiful country. Our visa was granted whilst we were in Australia so had to do a quick trip to Bali to meet the requirements of being off shore. We finished our time then flew back to UK to sell the house took a bit longer than expected but finally arrived on 20th Feb. a bit nervous going through customs but clutched the visa grant email hard copy in my hand but never had to show it. 

Now back in our caravan heading from Brisbane to Melbourne to look for a house as both sons live close to city, so exciting times ahead. Leaving the UK was quite emotional underestimated how much it takes out of you saying so many goodbyes. 

We used PSS removals the guys that came were really professional, friendly and our contents are somewhere in Asian waters so hope the next bit going through customs goes smoothly and the smell of Jeyes fluid isn't to overwhelming. 

This site has been so useful to us, through it we have met some lovely people .Everyone is willing to share their information and experiences which really helps. So hang on in that waiting room and keep decluttering it really helps in the end. Good luck 🤞and hope your turn comes soon. Lorraine.

Thank you for popping back to the waiting room and giving us a boost.

It’s a shame the light at the end of the tunnel is also moving away from us all the time. Interesting to see how we all now appear to be getting more accustomed to this ever-slowing process. We applied 11 months after your date and here we are now three years later, still expecting another year to wait. And new applicants are hunkering down for an 8 or 9 year delay. OMG!

Also I’m very envious of your ‘Grey Nomad’ adventures, sounds like a lot of fun. Can I ask what level of budget you would recommend for a year of caravanning around Australia? I would love to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26 March 2019 at 19:37, Doris said:

Thansk for sharing your story Lorraine. Hope my Mum’s 143 will soon be proceeded 😞 I lodged her application on Feb 2016 and still haven’t heard anything yet.... 

May I ask what type of 600 visa were you on? Family sponsored or tourist visa? And how long for the visa? 

I did the same for my mum. I applied for her a family sponsored visitor visa (600) and she got granted on April 2018 for 12months stay straight. I thought it could be enough time for her 143 been kicked in while she’s here.. But still she will have to fly out of Australia this end of March 😞 

I don’t know if I can apply for another visitor visa for mum after she gets out of Australia or should I wait for few months 😞 

Hi we were on a visitor (class fa) tourist 600 but previously in 2014 we came and stayed for 18months by flying out of the country and gaining a further 12 months, this might be possible for your mum will depend on the stipulations set out on her visa. I hope it works out for her. You might have to wait for 6 months before re applying again depends on what the restrictions are some say no return in 18months I believe. Good luck😊

On 29 March 2019 at 02:29, SusieRoo said:

Thank you for popping back to the waiting room and giving us a boost.

It’s a shame the light at the end of the tunnel is also moving away from us all the time. Interesting to see how we all now appear to be getting more accustomed to this ever-slowing process. We applied 11 months after your date and here we are now three years later, still expecting another year to wait. And new applicants are hunkering down for an 8 or 9 year delay. OMG!

Also I’m very envious of your ‘Grey Nomad’ adventures, sounds like a lot of fun. Can I ask what level of budget you would recommend for a year of caravanning around Australia? I would love to give it a try.

Hi Susie difficult to suggest a budget as would depend on what type of rig/outfit you would like, we were used to towing in the UK and like the flexibility of car and van for touring . We brought our van from a private sale but our vehicle from a dealer and new we would be travelling so our requirements were quite specific. Probably need to work on $100k but could be done cheaper. Fuel is a big outlay , camping varies some free . We did a few trips in different areas. In case we never get back there so all adds up but I highly recommend it we saw some amazing things met some great people and made friends. Now it is our home until we purchase our house so feel it was definitely worth the investment as have managed to stay here 2 years in last 4. Our budget was offset by letting out the UK house which helped as had no work condition on our visa. 

Hope the wait won't be too long for you now and the last stages go through smoothly 

best wishes Lorraine😊

• Thanks 1