Would you recommend using a Migration Agent

Lauren & Luke

4 minutes ago, Phoenix16 said:

@Lauren & Luke, my best wishes, my post wasn’t meant to sound negative, it’s a wonderful aspiration to want to move to Australia, where ever we live in the world it’s humdrum work all week, jobs, responsibilities, commitments... yada yada!, but OZ is certainly a bonus place to wake up on the weekend even when it’s raining!!  Xxxxx

Thank you very much for replying and I personally don't think it was negative at all. 😀

I am open to all advice and I know it will change from each person.

I understand your views 100% and I wish we made the move years ago (I am 32 and met my husband when I was 15. I'd say we have been talking about this for the last 13-15 years) things just get in the way don't they? General living, weddings etc. ha! I am adamant we will try to make the move (as long as the visa allows us!) I am sure there will be ups and downs and it will be an emotional roller coaster but I just don't want to get to a point where it is too late and I say "I wish we gave OZ ago!" 

Fingers crossed we get our dream life in OZ!

Sending my best wishes to you too

x

2 minutes ago, Lauren & Luke said:

Thank you very much for replying and I personally don't think it was negative at all. 😀

I am open to all advice and I know it will change from each person.

I understand your views 100% and I wish we made the move years ago (I am 32 and met my husband when I was 15. I'd say we have been talking about this for the last 13-15 years) things just get in the way don't they? General living, weddings etc. ha! I am adamant we will try to make the move (as long as the visa allows us!) I am sure there will be ups and downs and it will be an emotional roller coaster but I just don't want to get to a point where it is too late and I say "I wish we gave OZ ago!" 

Fingers crossed we get our dream life in OZ!

Sending my best wishes to you too

x

Hey! My views are simply just urging you to maximise your best chances of getting that visa! It takes determination and persistence but you are both young (loads of visa points for that!!) and you both sound really motivated! I genuinely do wish you the best, I love your energy and motivation and I believe you can achieve your dreams and I also think when you do get here you will grab opportunities with open arms and make it all happen for you both.  It really can still be done and once you’ve got your visa (the debate of this post was how best to do that) I think the world will be your oyster!!  My sincerest best wishes to you both, please do keep us updated on your journey, I think it’s wonderful and with wise decisions you will most certainly achieve you dreams xxx

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Phoenix16 said:

Hey! My views are simply just urging you to maximise your best chances of getting that visa! It takes determination and persistence but you are both young (loads of visa points for that!!) and you both sound really motivated! I genuinely do wish you the best, I love your energy and motivation and I believe you can achieve your dreams and I also think when you do get here you will grab opportunities with open arms and make it all happen for you both.  It really can still be done and once you’ve got your visa (the debate of this post was how best to do that) I think the world will be your oyster!!  My sincerest best wishes to you both, please do keep us updated on your journey, I think it’s wonderful and with wise decisions you will most certainly achieve you dreams xxx

That means a lot and you have just described us to a T! LOL! We are both determined people and will grab the opportunity with both hands - that's for sure

Thank you again and I will most certainly keep you all posted. 

I am sure you will see a lot more questions from me - Feel free to help 😉

Enjoy the rest of your day 

x

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:15, Phoenix16 said:

Fair play to you, but I feel it’s important not to make light of the visa process being ‘easy’ to the extent it just needs competency in form filling, I have posted many many encouraging, optimistic and rose tinted replies to people over the years when they have had negative ‘doom and gloom’ responses (and yours isn’t, that’s not my point), but I don’t think it has ever been this difficult to get a visa and the outlook suggests it will only get more difficult.  I admire those who really want to make the move, they have their own reasons and motivations and it’s not for me the question that.

Just to be clear...

I am advising that a MARA agent is the best way forward...

"Knowing what I know now"...I would apply by ,myself... however it took a MARA agent to tell me why my answers for certain things  were wrong in certain circumstances on the forms... therefore... I now "know"

Everyone's situation is different, which is why I would 100% encourage each applicant to have an agent look at their paperwork.

• Like 2

It's possible to apply yourself - many people do and are successful, but at some point you're probably going to want some help, at the very least to calm your nerves about getting it right. The issue then becomes - where do you get your advice from? Somebody else in this thread thought it was a good idea to share a video made in 2016 to help you decide. Therein lies the problem; migration policy and law changes with such regularity, especially within the last year or two, that relying on 'armchair agents' on forums online is a deeply flawed strategy and could easily lead to a failed application and the loss of all the time and money put into it.

Getting professional help from a MARA registered agent is definitely the safest way to proceed, and I doubt anybody would argue with that. So it's about whether you want to spend the extra money to secure that safety. I'd recommend contacting a few agents and getting a feel for them. Try Emergico - a family we know who secured their visas through them swears by them. They're popular on the PIO Facebook group.

Make sure the agent is clear about what they will and won't do for you, and offers you a contract to sign before you pay anything - one that obligates them as well as you.

• Like 2

On 28/03/2019 at 18:31, Lauren & Luke said:

Thank you for clearing that up for me - I thought I may have getting it wrong. I'm glad I asked.

So on the 189 after the 5 years would we need to re-apply for another 5 years on the 189 or would it mean if we were to have citizenship then we no longer require a visa?

Just trying to get it right in my head.

Thank you for replying - We appreciate it

Lauren 

You can (currently) apply for citizenship after 4 years which would remove the need to bother with the RRV

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DT55 said:

You can (currently) apply for citizenship after 4 years which would remove the need to bother with the RRV

In theory...

However the actual citizenship process at the moment is taking longer than a year to process. So right now someone who got a visa moved over straight away and applied on the 4 year anniversary of arrival (and had lived in Oz constantly over those 4 years) would need an RRV for travel plans as their citizenship wouldn't complete before the initial 5 years ran out

However when you come to do it the timelines very well may be different

• Like 1