stat dec

Guest claire__

Guest claire__

could anyone give me an example of a stat dec that either they/their partner or their friends/family have done? this would be a great help, i'm having trouble with it should it be worded a certain way....and do the stat decs by my partner and myself have to be on form 888's as well?

thanks,

claire

Guest claire__

its for a defacto visa subclass 820 - 801

me and my partner both have to supply statments regarding the history of our relationship, how we support eachother emotionally, financially, future plans etc... im just not sure how to go about it and an exmple would be great.

my friends/family have to state in a stat dec form 888 saying that we are a genuine couple and how long they have known each of us.

Guest mandisfam

Hi Claire, My oh had to do aa stat dec for employers reference for a skill assessment, the outline of the stat dec was as follows:

The first paragraph starts like this:

I, [First Name] [surname] of [Address] do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

You now add all the information you wish to tell them about your relationship. I don't think it has to be any fancy words, just as you would write normally.

It ends like this:

I make this solemn declaration believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835

Signed: [your signature]

Declared at: [solicitors Address]

On this [Day] Day of [Month/Year]

Before me,

[solicitors signature]

[solicitor’s Name, Occupation, Address]

When you go to a solicitors office you have to swear on oath (the bible) that what you have written is the truth.

I hope this helps a bit sorry I cant help with the wordings about the relationship.

Good Luck

Mandisfam

we did the following for our defacto 309 visa (which was granted last month)

2 pages of typed writing each (just plain paper) which said where we met, that we had the same group of mates etc etc. A few dates we went on, when we decided to move in together and then how we split chores and money etc. Then ended it with where we see ourselves in the future.

We ended it with:

Signed ...........

Date...........

Witnessed by.......(Name of solicitor at my work)

At.................(Address of where we signed)

we also sent 5 form 888's filled in by

• OH's sis in Oz who got a JP to witness it
  • 4 family friends in the UK who had them witnessed by: Teacher, doctor, headmaster (not all three obviously, but according to who they worked with or who they could get to!)

This was obviously fine as we got our visa with no questions. I can send the doc's if you want examples of what we and everyone wrote?

Archived