Business advice anyone?

ElenM

Hi!

I currently have a business in Australia that I want to expand to the UK. However, the problem is that I don't know much about business expansion, locating suppliers abroad and localisation itself. I need help with all the documentation and all. But I don't think I could do it myself without making mistakes that will make me lose money.

A lot of people have suggeested just to hire someone for that. But is that effective? I am considering this, because it would probably save me time. But will it save me money? One company I've seen suggested the most was Point One (https://pointoneintl.com/) . Does anyone know anything about them? Are they a good choice or should I just do it myself? Help! 😟

It is a hard question to answer. For example, do you assemble in the UK? Or do you assemble here qnd then ship the end product to the UK? Both have pros and cons.

Do you know anything about importing into the UK? There are some default importing regulations that you have to consider and depending on your product there may be specific regulations.

Then there is personel, will you have a storefront? Or just manufacturing/warehousing and online sales?

There are too many variables to just answer your question.

Hiring someone is definitely a good idea, WHEN you do it with the right expectations at the right moment. How well is your business doing? What is your time worth and what do they cost? Outsourcing is THE way to go when you want to scale. But you don't want to do out of uncertainty and you need to have funds. 

On 22/03/2019 at 15:42, FOL said:

It is a hard question to answer. For example, do you assemble in the UK? Or do you assemble here qnd then ship the end product to the UK? Both have pros and cons.

Do you know anything about importing into the UK? There are some default importing regulations that you have to consider and depending on your product there may be specific regulations.

Then there is personel, will you have a storefront? Or just manufacturing/warehousing and online sales?

There are too many variables to just answer your question.

Hiring someone is definitely a good idea, WHEN you do it with the right expectations at the right moment. How well is your business doing? What is your time worth and what do they cost? Outsourcing is THE way to go when you want to scale. But you don't want to do out of uncertainty and you need to have funds. 

Thank you for answering!

Yeah I have a physical shop in Australia and I want to open another one in the UK, so yeah, I really needed help with importing regulations and that's why I wanted to know if it's just better to hire a company to take care of that.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!
I currently have a business in Australia that I want to expand to the UK. However, the problem is that I don't know much about business expansion, locating suppliers abroad and localisation itself. I need help with all the documentation and all. But I don't think I could do it myself without making mistakes that will make me lose money.
A lot of people have suggeested just to hire someone for that. But is that effective? I am considering this, because it would probably save me time. But will it save me money? One company I've seen suggested the most was Point One (https://pointoneintl.com/) . Does anyone know anything about them? Are they a good choice or should I just do it myself? Help! [emoji45]

Dear Sir,
Good day Why don't you to try in Nederland?