Wrong advise from agent urgent help required

tracybayliss

11 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

What WRussell said, is that if the employer has asked him to pay for the costs associated with the nomination, then this is a breach on the part of the employer.  The employer can ask the visa applicant to pay any costs related to the application itself.  An employer-sponsored visa has 2 steps, the nomination (which must be paid for by the employer) and the visa application (which possibly an employer may pay for but they can require the applicant pay for it).

Does the nomination need to be approved before the applicant can submit the visa?

12 hours ago, tracybayliss said:

Despite being told it's illegal for the company to ask to pay costs they have and that's it. The migrant agent basically has taken a large amount of money up front too, so if he approaches another agent then surely he will have to pay costs again is that not true. And how do people afford to do this and how can this b fair. Migration agents surely should know and be able to advise applicants correctly so how dose the government view this if they fail the applicant due to incorrect advice.

What concerns us is he only has four weeks on his working holiday visa left and now no paid job. If his nomination was lodged does that then mean he is on a bridging visa.

How people afford things and what’s fair or not is not your main priority right now. I understand you’re really concerned and many on here have tried to help. Pretty much everyone including me has suggested you/he contact a reputable agent, I mentioned wrussell who left a comment. If people on here had the answers for you they would have given them.  They don’t, you need professional guidance and yes it’s likely to cost.  However as has been said, it’s only an initial consultation right now which won’t cost a huge amount. If an agent has been negligent then that can be looked at but surely the priority now is finding out where you’re at.  Meant in the nicest way but no point in keep asking questions, especially ones like how do people find the money as this won’t give you what you need. He will have to bite the bullet and pay for some advice.  Does he not have any funds? You say he’s worked for the last six months 

13 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

How people afford things and what’s fair or not is not your main priority right now. I understand you’re really concerned and many on here have tried to help. Pretty much everyone including me has suggested you/he contact a reputable agent, I mentioned wrussell who left a comment. If people on here had the answers for you they would have given them.  They don’t, you need professional guidance and yes it’s likely to cost.  However as has been said, it’s only an initial consultation right now which won’t cost a huge amount. If an agent has been negligent then that can be looked at but surely the priority now is finding out where you’re at.  Meant in the nicest way but no point in keep asking questions, especially ones like how do people find the money as this won’t give you what you need. He will have to bite the bullet and pay for some advice.  Does he not have any funds? You say he’s worked for the last six months 

hi

sorry but i totally understand he needs professional advice he is a young bloke with no support net work no family and like many young english travellers no huge bank balance. it was a figure of speach when quoting how do people find the money.  This is a poor mans future and ive been part of pomsinoz for over 10 years my impression was this was a forum where people could ask for ideas, help and possible answers to maybe similiar experiences.  I work full time so does my husband but even i dont have a spare $11,000 dollars in the bank.  rent is expensive for these young guys and as ive previously mentioned he has paid a large amount of money up front.  I thought someone on here might be able to advise me on the likelyhood on if he would have to pay again. Im a bit over it  with this whole paying to get the right answer jargon now bit like the health care system im in.  but hey ho thats fine thatnks people for your kind and welcomed advice.

4 hours ago, tracybayliss said:

hi

sorry but i totally understand he needs professional advice he is a young bloke with no support net work no family and like many young english travellers no huge bank balance. it was a figure of speach when quoting how do people find the money.  This is a poor mans future and ive been part of pomsinoz for over 10 years my impression was this was a forum where people could ask for ideas, help and possible answers to maybe similiar experiences.  I work full time so does my husband but even i dont have a spare $11,000 dollars in the bank.  rent is expensive for these young guys and as ive previously mentioned he has paid a large amount of money up front.  I thought someone on here might be able to advise me on the likelyhood on if he would have to pay again. Im a bit over it  with this whole paying to get the right answer jargon now bit like the health care system im in.  but hey ho thats fine thatnks people for your kind and welcomed advice.

No one has quoted you $11k for a bit of advice,  many have explained that just advice won’t cost much, a few hundred maybe.  Just a consultation fee.  From that you will have answers. This forum is very helpful to people but sometimes things are too complex for ordinary people to answer. They’ve done the best they can but do not know where you stand.  They haven’t ignored you, they have given their best and that’s to urge you to have an initial consultation with an expert so that you know the way forward.  If you’re “a bit over paying”  then that’s ok but he won’t get this solved and will very likely be returning to the UK.  Is that really worth refusing to shell out a small amount on expert advice?  If it is then you have your answer. 

Edited by Tulip1

Look your clearly miss understanding me. We know what the full costs ate for him and the lay out he has had to pay . No where have i suggested anyone has said its going to cost 11 thousand dollars for advice. My point is once you committed to one agent and move to another im fairly sure its not a simple case of paying 200 dollars. Yes fantastic for the advise and i would pay that for him but its what comes after that. Maybe im just not expkaining this in simple terms. Anyway my reason for initially being on here was for help on advice regarding working beyond the 6 months. Please pm me if you wish to continue otherwise. Dont give people the wrong impression of my questions.

3 hours ago, tracybayliss said:

Look your clearly miss understanding me. We know what the full costs ate for him and the lay out he has had to pay . No where have i suggested anyone has said its going to cost 11 thousand dollars for advice. My point is once you committed to one agent and move to another im fairly sure its not a simple case of paying 200 dollars. Yes fantastic for the advise and i would pay that for him but its what comes after that. Maybe im just not expkaining this in simple terms. Anyway my reason for initially being on here was for help on advice regarding working beyond the 6 months. Please pm me if you wish to continue otherwise. Dont give people the wrong impression of my questions.

Tracey, I think the other issue is that the company may not be eligible to sponsor him or have their nomination approved - if that's not the case, then I don't think your daughters boyfriend can submit a visa application.

In simple terms.

The employer must be eligible to sponsor him. They must pay to get themselves "registered " to sponsor him.

He must have an eligible skill,The company can offer to pay for his visa application, or can ask him to pay it himself.

In the meantime he can work for a new employer on his WHV until that expires.He cannot continue with his present employer because he has already breached the rules and worked there for too long.

He is in a very difficult position and needs professional advice FAST before his WHV expires. If he/you are not happy with the agent make it clear you are severing all connections and get a new one. Phone some of the agents on the forum, ask them for a quick overview and an idea of whether staying in Australia is even possible.

• Like 2

On 21/03/2019 at 23:44, ali said:

Does the nomination need to be approved before the applicant can submit the visa?

No, the nomination can be submitted the same day as the visa application, just needs to be done first so you can link the visa application to the TRN of the nomination.

2 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

No, the nomination can be submitted the same day as the visa application, just needs to be done first so you can link the visa application to the TRN of the nomination.

It's not clear in this case if the nomination has been submitted.