Primary Teachers are no longer in demand in Australia for Skilled Migration???

Ajay5656

Hi Guys I am posting this question on behalf of my sister. She has a total of 70 points including the 5 nomination points for the Subclass 190 primary school teacher.  She can try do Ielts exam again and try to get 8 bands each and get a total of 80 points including the nomination points.

Now here is the question:      I was browsing internet and landed on this page  below:

http://www.letsgo-global.com/migration-blog/move-australia-primary-school-teacher/

It says that  Primary School Teachers are no longer in demand in Australia for Skilled Migration, So even if she gets 80 points is it gonna be a waste of money and time for her to apply for it??

Is Immigration actually not giving state nominations to primary school teacher visa applications?

Is it worth applying for subclass 190 with 80 points in Primary school teacher role?

Has anyone recently got nominated and invited to apply?

Any information on this will be greatly appreciated, 

Thanks 

Regards 

Ajay

I’d agree with the comments above. If it’s on a list and she has the points she can apply. As Marissa says it probably refers to actually getting a job. A lot of my son’s peers did primary teaching and very few have a job. Most are doing relief work at best. It is probably area specific like most things so she might have to live and work somewhere less ‘desirable’ initially.

• Like 1

I checked out the link and noticed that Western Australia was mentioned as a state sponsor, which seemed unlikely. The ANZSCO website shows that is in not. (Always worth checking ANZSCO because it is the most up to date source.) As Amber mentions, Primary Teaching jobs are not easy to come by, and there are many new graduates without jobs, particularly in WA. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rammygirl said:

If primary teachers are on a state list and she meets any requirements from the state as well as immigration then yes she should apply. What state is she considering?

Thanks for taking time and replying, ok I will get her to apply then 🙂

Regards

Ajay

11 hours ago, mrsmac said:

I checked out the link and noticed that Western Australia was mentioned as a state sponsor, which seemed unlikely. The ANZSCO website shows that is in not. (Always worth checking ANZSCO because it is the most up to date source.) As Amber mentions, Primary Teaching jobs are not easy to come by, and there are many new graduates without jobs, particularly in WA. 

I checked the anzsco website and it is still there, We will still apply for it and see how it goes, thanks for taking time and replying. 

Cheers 

Ajay 

12 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

I’d agree with the comments above. If it’s on a list and she has the points she can apply. As Marissa says it probably refers to actually getting a job. A lot of my son’s peers did primary teaching and very few have a job. Most are doing relief work at best. It is probably area specific like most things so she might have to live and work somewhere less ‘desirable’ initially.

thanks 

Regards 

Ajay 

• Like 1