Skilled Visa - Whether points on age calculated at the time of invitation or applying visa?

aji

Hello,

I have claimed 65 points on my expression of interest,  got invitation for 190 Visa and claimed 25 points on my age as I am 39. But, I have my 40th birthday on next week and I don't think that I can apply for Visa before my birthday. If I apply for visa after my 40th birthday, should I lose 10 points as I moved into 40-44 age group, which has only 15 points or I can claim 25 points as I was 39 years at the time of invitation?

Are they calculating points for age at the time of invitation or when apply for Visa? I am bit disappointed as I need to get police clearance and health certificates and don't think that I can apply Visa before my 40th birthday. 

Thanks 

Aji

1 hour ago, aji said:

Hello,

I have claimed 65 points on my expression of interest,  got invitation for 190 Visa and claimed 25 points on my age as I am 39. But, I have my 40th birthday on next week and I don't think that I can apply for Visa before my birthday. If I apply for visa after my 40th birthday, should I lose 10 points as I moved into 40-44 age group, which has only 15 points or I can claim 25 points as I was 39 years at the time of invitation?

Are they calculating points for age at the time of invitation or when apply for Visa? I am bit disappointed as I need to get police clearance and health certificates and don't think that I can apply Visa before my 40th birthday. 

Thanks 

Aji

You have nothing to worry. Your points get locked in once you get the invitation

• Like 2