register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

roomummy

Foreign Investment Board

Hello,

Can someone please clarify a question regarding Foreign Investment Board exemption for me?

My husband and I (I'm Aussie he's Brit) are purchasing a Aussie home with our UK equity as the deposit in joint names. We will be purchasing a residential property with our UK income using an Investment Mortgage, as we would like to maintain the option of renting our Aussie home should our relocation be delayed and are currently still employed in the UK at point of purchase.

From what I can see on the FIB website we would be except from the FIB Application as my husband is married and purchasing a residential real estate with his spouse.

However our mortgage lender has insisted that we need to apply?

My husband is still waiting for a 309 visa to be granted and we are still resident in the UK at the point of purchase, but in any case I believe we are exempt. Do we need to apply for exemption or does the FIB application not apply to us? #confused

I am the sponsor for DH of 6 years, returning home after 20 years in UK: 309/100 submitted 31/1/19, Police reports 18/2/19, Medical 1/3/19, moving to Mid Coast NSW.

Why not e mail the FIRB and get an official reply that you can then show to the mortgage lender. 

• Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Why not e mail the FIRB and get an official reply that you can then show to the mortgage lender. 

Thank you, good idea will do that.

I am the sponsor for DH of 6 years, returning home after 20 years in UK: 309/100 submitted 31/1/19, Police reports 18/2/19, Medical 1/3/19, moving to Mid Coast NSW.