Certificate of Employment Australia

Alan DJ Hardy

Hi guys

i am using Global Migrate to help me with finding an employer willing to sponsor me in Australia. They explained that I would need a Certificate of employment before they can help me look for work. Has anyone had any dealings with this or does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks

Al

Someone raised the Certificate of Employment thing a while ago and the general response was eh???  I don't know if they mean a certificate which says you are no longer employed by anyone or whether they need a skills assessment that you are what you say you are. Sounds a bit odd but there will probably be an agent along in a minute who  knows exactly what they are on about. 

Sponsorship isn't As big as it used to be, why not just get yourself a pr visa and cut out the middle bit?

Thanks for the reply, the Certificate just says that I am wanting to work and live in oz and that I have the backing of global migrate etc etc.. they complete a recruitment drive to help me find an employer willing to sponsor me. Looking at the visa options with my skill set it seems as though I would need to look at sponsorship as I don’t meet the criteria to go  straight to PR. With the new DAMA that was signed in the NT I would be looking at moving there.

9 hours ago, Alan DJ Hardy said:

Hi guys

i am using Global Migrate to help me with finding an employer willing to sponsor me in Australia. They explained that I would need a Certificate of employment before they can help me look for work. Has anyone had any dealings with this or does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks

Al

This "Certificate of Employment"  thingy appears to be a piece of internal bureaucratic paperwork created by Global Migrate.  It is not required for an Australian work visa and, as Quoll wrote, was mentioned for the first time here only recently (in relation to the same company).

9 hours ago, Alan DJ Hardy said:

Hi guys

Thanks

Al

There is no such thing as a "Certificate of Employment" requirement to look for work in Australia. I would suggest that this is an internal requirement of the business.

Do your research well before proceeding.

See here for someone who went through a similar situation.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

There is no such thing as a "Certificate of Employment" requirement to look for work in Australia. I would suggest that this is an internal requirement of the business.

Do your research well before proceeding.

See here for someone who went through a similar situation.

Agreed - they do not appear to be MARA registered.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alan DJ Hardy said:

Thanks for the reply, the Certificate just says that I am wanting to work and live in oz and that I have the backing of global migrate etc etc.. they complete a recruitment drive to help me find an employer willing to sponsor me.

That's a load of rubbish. they are a scam.   

Migration agents never find work for you, they arrange the visa.   Employment agencies charge the employer, not the employee.  Scam

Point to note - if you are looking for an employer to sponsor you, then it would only be for a temporary visa for 2 to 4 years.  Employers wont sponsor for a permanent visa because they'd have to wait too long for the visa to be processed.

If you have a wife and kids, then please plan very carefully before you go for a temporary visa. It used to be that after 3 years, you could apply for PR and there was a good chance you'd get it. The government has made a lot of changes.  Now, the temp visas are meant to fill temporary gaps in the labour market, and they really don't want people to stay, so they're making it more and more difficult.  Just take a look at some of the threads about 186 visas and see how stressful the process is, with absolutely no guarantee of success.   We've seen too many families end up back in the UK after two years, having sold up their house and belongings, and having to start all over again.  

A temporary contract can be a great opportunity to experience a different culture, if your kids are young enough that it won't disrupt their education.  Just don't sell your house (rent it out) and treat it as an adventure.  If you do get PR at the end, treat that as a bonus.

Edited by Marisawright