Three snakes in three days

Metoo

Harmless Pythons . Although i had two in my aviary  where i  kept my canaries . I cut one open and it had two of my Canaries in it.But there is really very little in Australia that will attack you.only the things you can't see. Like viruses.  The worst things what u can see however are flesh eating Spiders in every garden

• Confused 1

On 25/10/2019 at 21:01, Zack said:

Harmless Pythons . Although i had two in my aviary  where i  kept my canaries . I cut one open and it had two of my Canaries in it.But there is really very little in Australia that will attack you.only the things you can't see. Like viruses.  The worst things what u can see however are flesh eating Spiders in every garden

Snakes

Snakes are protected under the Nature Conservation Act 1992. It is an offence to kill, injure or take snakes from the wild.

Hope there are no police reading your post...Harmless pythons, so you killed one to see where your canaries went??? I believe the penalty for killing protected species is $10,000

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FOL said:

I wish we had pythons in the wild over here...the only snakes we have in WA are the ones that actually kills you (albeit after being some kind of threat to them)

Black headed pythons, carpet and woma pythons in the Kimberley and Pilbara Regions.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 5 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, jul2019 said:

If you see a snake kill it. That would be my advice. I'm glad I live in Perth as I had a terrible phobia when it comes to snakes.

If you see a snake instead of killing it, call a snake catcher.  I also have a snake phobia but in all the years I've lived in Australia I have yet to come face to face with one.

https://www.allpest.com.au/pests/snake-control-perth/

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well.

just a little update on our snake story

Brian cam back!!!

Not seen him for a long while but he popped up on St Valentines Day, must be because he loves us lol

here he is, relaxing in all his old haunts

3F8FDCE8-A4FA-48B4-B046-622DE53A22EA.jpeg

865EA4C4-66A0-414B-8B7A-11D76B43F678.jpeg

8797B56D-167B-4A28-84BA-5CFD126788AF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Metoo said:

Brian is special. He is a bit like a pet now.

We don’t take chances with him as we realise he is still a wild animal, but, I was really happy to see he has returned. 

I might have to rename this thread THE LIFE OF BRIAN ha ha 

Make him his own Facebook and Intsa pages too, he may turn you into a millionaire,lol

Cal x

• Like 1

On 17/02/2020 at 14:43, The Pom Queen said:

I love the pythons but the one here just want to kill for the sake of it, browns and red bellied black 😢 I would have ten Brian’s 

RBB are supposed to kill the Browns.  Least that’s what the lady said at an agistment we used to share. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bulya said:

RBB are supposed to kill the Browns.  Least that’s what the lady said at an agistment we used to share. 

@Bulya. They are known to eat smaller browns and tigers; but not as a regular type meal. I have actually seen it happen in The New England Ranges while trout fishing up on the Paradise Creek.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just out of interest my wife and me are moving out in November I’m quite scared of snakes and the wife’s terrified of spiders, are there places where you can learn what to do if you encounter them or get bit? We have a 3 year old so I want to know what to do. When we visited when our boy was 6months old we were walking on a path in some bush ground that was in between beach and houses and we came across a eastern brown fully stretched sun bathing. I told my wife to stop as I froze but then it just went. Gets you thinking we should know what to do if all went bad. We siding even know the Emergancy number! The brown was in Brisbane but we’re going to Sydney.