Three snakes in three days

Metoo

So, we are nearing 4 yrs now in OZ. In that time we have seen lots of wonderful wildlife.

However, we haven’t see too many snakes.

Until this week!!!!

Monday we saw one slithering across the road outside our house, that was a thin brown one.

Wednesday, this fella was hit by a car outside our neighbours house. He managed to get to the grassy verge but was unable to survive unfortunately.

839397D6-25FF-4D5B-9E16-64976F1B76BF.jpeg.708ff904475edb722da8a5e8e048a27e.jpeg

Last night, I went outside to get some washing in, it was dark but we have good lights installed.

just as my flip flopped foot met the door step I noticed something moving in the corner of the door jam, it was him

6FF4F8AE-E422-4C32-91A9-6CE7236D0A74.thumb.jpeg.f3ebdc03cf4f846acffca78f731349e9.jpeg

I will admit to some nifty tap dancing and a giant leap into the laundry accompanied by a strangled squeal.

He wasn’t aggressive at all and once I calmed down he was rather handsome lol. 

Fortunately both cats were inside so we locked the cat flap for the night and Mr Snake was nowhere to be seen this morning.

• Like 4

Are those ones pythons of some description??  If so i don't think are as off putting as the others such as the brown snakes or the tiger snakes.  I've not come across a snake in all the years I've been here    ...................  thank goodness.  

• Like 1

We were driving near Bridport (north east Tassie coast) yesterday and a big snake crossed the road in front of us.  Don't know if it was a tiger snake or a copperhead.  It was nearly 2 metres long and safely made it to the other side of the road.  It's 70 years since someone died from snake bite in Tassie.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 03:47, JetBlast said:

If he is near the door I would get him moved. He isn't venomous but will give you a nasty bite if you stand on him.

Yes he is right outside the door, still here so 5 days now. He retreats to the same corner during the day so the plan is to leave an empty box in ‘his’ corner and see if he will occupy the box, then we put the lid on and move him away from the house.

Failing that, get the snake catcher in.