Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

glorypps

Southern Inland 489

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, VKB22 said:

Hey 🙂

Just a quick question. How long did it take you to get invited for "step 2" by Rda Southern inland? 

I got mine in 3 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2019 at 23:17, glorypps said:

Hi,

Had submitted my application on June 5. Waiting. Fingers crossed.

Hello,

 

congrats on the invite. I am currently doing my skill assessment with ANMAC and would like to apply for 489 visa for SI. I have almost 1 year of nursing experience as a registered nurse at a clinic for asthma and allergy clinic. I have applied as an RN nec with anmac because I could not figure out which ANZSCO code is the best fit for my occupation. 

How many years of nursing experience do you have? I am afraid to apply because I know SI asks for 2 years of nursing experience onshore. Do you have nursing experience in Australia? I have also seen many nurses approved for nomination without meeting this requirement.

my score is 60+10=70 points total. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are onshore, then you should show the experience requirement. Because they just have updated their SOL list on July 8. you can apply with less and try your luck as it is not demanding any fees initially

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

Hello,

 

congrats on the invite. I am currently doing my skill assessment with ANMAC and would like to apply for 489 visa for SI. I have almost 1 year of nursing experience as a registered nurse at a clinic for asthma and allergy clinic. I have applied as an RN nec with anmac because I could not figure out which ANZSCO code is the best fit for my occupation. 

How many years of nursing experience do you have? I am afraid to apply because I know SI asks for 2 years of nursing experience onshore. Do you have nursing experience in Australia? I have also seen many nurses approved for nomination without meeting this requirement.

my score is 60+10=70 points total. 

Hi, 

I haveva total of 17 years experience in Paediatrics. No onshore experience but still got invited by God's Grace. My score was 55+10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, glorypps said:

Hi, 

I haveva total of 17 years experience in Paediatrics. No onshore experience but still got invited by God's Grace. My score was 55+10.

can you recommend a good migration agent? I have a hard time finding one.

Thank you and good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 65 points with state sponsorship, Nurse Critical Care and Emergency

Here is my timeline of events.

12th October 2018 - EOI lodged with DHA for NSW

2nd March 2019 - EOI sent to Southern inland  (Had to wait as they were closed to new applicants)

5th March 2019 - Invited to submit application to SI

5th April 2019 - Application posted to RDA SI and paid $770

26th April 2019 - Confirmed receipt of application to SI

1st May 2019 - RDA SI advises my application is successful and the form R has been sent to the government for processing.

3rd May 2019 - Invitation to apply received from immigration

13th May 2019 - Full application send to the DHA and Payment of $10,466.36 sent

 

So that's were we are, awaiting a case officer. Have not done medicals or police checks yet and only just about to start my application for AHPRA.  I have an agent who is located in Manchester, UK who is doing it all for us and they have been brilliant.  Im hoping to hear something soon. :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates guys??? Anyone got approval for step 1?? I’ve lodged EOI on July 3 and have recieved nothing .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying to post a group link which is not allowed here....

 

Anyway......I am in the same ship....no news from southern inland applied on July 5 for first step

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, As I am electrical engineer with 55+10 points. Is there any possibility of getting 489 visa. As I already lodge a file for EOI ON 18TH of july. 

1. How many days they will take to response for STEP 1?

2. Is there are chances to get invitation at such scores?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2019 at 06:28, KSH81 said:

Hows it going?

I got an email from RDA SI on Wednesday saying that my application for sponsorship has been succesful and they were submitting Form R to NSW state government for processing. Just waiting to hear from them now so we can submit the full application.

Have you done AHPRA registration yet? Im thinking of starting that now as it can take months and I dont want to get there and not be able to work for months.

x

Hi, I m just wondering how did you apply for 489 visa without Aphra registration? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aman91 said:

Hi, I m just wondering how did you apply for 489 visa without Aphra registration? 

You don't need registration to apply to migrate. You do need APHRA registration before you'll be allowed to work,  Many people do get their registration first, because it takes months - so if you wait until you arrive in Australia, you might be unable to work for almost a year. 


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2019 at 04:43, KSH81 said:

I have 65 points with state sponsorship, Nurse Critical Care and Emergency

Here is my timeline of events.

12th October 2018 - EOI lodged with DHA for NSW

2nd March 2019 - EOI sent to Southern inland  (Had to wait as they were closed to new applicants)

5th March 2019 - Invited to submit application to SI

5th April 2019 - Application posted to RDA SI and paid $770

26th April 2019 - Confirmed receipt of application to SI

1st May 2019 - RDA SI advises my application is successful and the form R has been sent to the government for processing.

3rd May 2019 - Invitation to apply received from immigration

13th May 2019 - Full application send to the DHA and Payment of $10,466.36 sent

 

So that's were we are, awaiting a case officer. Have not done medicals or police checks yet and only just about to start my application for AHPRA.  I have an agent who is located in Manchester, UK who is doing it all for us and they have been brilliant.  Im hoping to hear something soon. 🙂

What is the name of the migration agency if you don't mind sharing?

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2019 at 02:43, Nurse77 said:

What is the name of the migration agency if you don't mind sharing?

 

thanks

Concept Australia in Manchester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email from my agent on Friday. Immigration are now asking for medicals. Another step closer. 😄 

  • Congratulations 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow... that is good... hopefully they get to June soon enough😂

On 06/10/2019 at 13:55, KSH81 said:

I got an email from my agent on Friday. Immigration are now asking for medicals. Another step closer. 😄 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard anything. We did medicals in October. Thought might have had the visa by now. Do you think the bushfires maybe delaying it? I am worried about them not issuing visas for Southern Inland due to already having lots of people without homes. 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KSH81 said:

Anyone heard anything. We did medicals in October. Thought might have had the visa by now. Do you think the bushfires maybe delaying it? I am worried about them not issuing visas for Southern Inland due to already having lots of people without homes. 😢

The bushfires have nothing to do with it. Christmas and NY break set them back due to the time off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was asked to submit further proof of employment on Dec 5. Submitted on 11 Dec and my status shows further assessment since then. So frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, glorypps said:

I was asked to submit further proof of employment on Dec 5. Submitted on 11 Dec and my status shows further assessment since then. So frustrating. 

Are you claiming points for this employment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our visa grant has arrived. Extremely excited and nervous now. Have until Feb 2021 to arrive in Australia. 😄

  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×