Southern Inland 489

Nope, I recently changed jobs so need a new reference from my manager, didnt realise this. Thought I would just use the one I used for the skills assesment. Then have to sort out having them all certified. I work full time and have 5 kids. Will get it done and sent by the end of the week though.

Hows your progress going?

Have you looked at areas to settle?

Hi,

Just now submitted all documents to my agent. They will get probably mail it this week. And then am not sure of the wait period for the invite from NSW. 

I am still not sure where to start looking😰

Waiting for some guidance.

All the best with your process.

I guess we will soon meet in SI😀

Take care😊

• 1 month later...

Hows it going?

I got an email from RDA SI on Wednesday saying that my application for sponsorship has been succesful and they were submitting Form R to NSW state government for processing. Just waiting to hear from them now so we can submit the full application.

Have you done AHPRA registration yet? Im thinking of starting that now as it can take months and I dont want to get there and not be able to work for months.

x

Hi, I received the final invite from regional and NSW on 9th April. I am getting my papers ready. Have to launch by June 1st week. 

For the AHPRA, am still doing my CPDs. A few more points and I will apply for the registration.

Praying everything goes well for all of us.

Hiya, we got formal invite from immigration on 3rd May. Our agent is now sending all relevant documentation to them, we have 60 days to get it in. We haven’t done police checks or health assessment yet as my eldest is doing her GCSEs next year so we want to move after that and will only get 12 months to enter. If it takes a few months for the CO to ask for them then it could all line up nicely.  

Think im going to do AHPRA when we get there. Will just need to take more funds to cover us till I get a job. Or send the hubby down the mines lol. 

Good luck with your application. 😄

10 hours ago, KSH81 said:

Hiya, we got formal invite from immigration on 3rd May. Our agent is now sending all relevant documentation to them, we have 60 days to get it in. We haven’t done police checks or health assessment yet as my eldest is doing her GCSEs next year so we want to move after that and will only get 12 months to enter. If it takes a few months for the CO to ask for them then it could all line up nicely.  

Think im going to do AHPRA when we get there. Will just need to take more funds to cover us till I get a job. Or send the hubby down the mines lol. 

We are looking to do similar but A levels rather than GCSE (and for an entirely different career)

Hoping the timings all work out correct

• 1 month later...
On 06/05/2019 at 17:39, KSH81 said:

hello,

congrats on your invite! I am also a registered nurse, educated and currently working in the US at a Clinic for asthma and allergies. I have  less than 1 year of experience, but by the time I am done with my skill assessment, I am sure I ll have 1 year of experience. At the moment I am thinking of what ANZSCO code to use, registered nurse nec, or registered nurse medical practice. Is it possible to change your code after you apply to ANMAC, but before your assessment has started?  I am not sure what are the chances of getting an invite with  a skill assessment for RN nec. 

It is so nice to see that people with 70 points are getting invites, as I am in the same boat. I was thinking to apply for 190 for NSW with 65 points (including sponsorship), but 489 might be a better option, although many of the regions do not accept applications at the moment.

Any recommendations for good migration agents?

thank you and all the best with the paperwork and the application process.

On 07/05/2019 at 08:39, KSH81 said:

Make sure you research how long AHPRA is taking, from what I've seen it takes several months.

Also, I was trying to find a post by one nurse who got an invite from one state, but shortly after, she was asked to provide her registration details - which she couldn't do by their deadline because AHPRA takes so long. So she didn't get her visa. I'm pretty sure it wasn't NSW but it's something to be aware of.  

Edited by Marisawright

On 11/06/2019 at 05:34, Prett said:

Hi..

This is preet

I got nomination from southern inland and have applied for 489 visa last week...

Could you just advise me about the processing time for this visa..... 

Hii

what is your occupation and point? Last september we applied eoi but we did not get any invitation. Occupation was cook

On 11/06/2019 at 05:34, Prett said:

Hi..

This is preet

I got nomination from southern inland and have applied for 489 visa last week...

Hi, 

I too had applied last week. My agent says 7 months but one nurse received her grant in 2 months of submitting application.

So, its just a matter of submission of complete documents and case officer.

Keeping fingers crossed.

On 09/06/2019 at 23:59, Nurse77 said:

hello,

congrats on your invite! I am also a registered nurse, educated and currently working in the US at a Clinic for asthma and allergies. I have  less than 1 year of experience, but by the time I am done with my skill assessment, I am sure I ll have 1 year of experience. At the moment I am thinking of what ANZSCO code to use, registered nurse nec, or registered nurse medical practice. Is it possible to change your code after you apply to ANMAC, but before your assessment has started?  I am not sure what are the chances of getting an invite with  a skill assessment for RN nec. 

It is so nice to see that people with 70 points are getting invites, as I am in the same boat. I was thinking to apply for 190 for NSW with 65 points (including sponsorship), but 489 might be a better option, although many of the regions do not accept applications at the moment.

Any recommendations for good migration agents?

thank you and all the best with the paperwork and the application process.

Hi, 

I use an agent from India. They have been decent till now and am happy with them.

On 10/06/2019 at 19:04, Prett said:

Hi..

This is preet

Would you share your occupation and points?

On 09/06/2019 at 22:03, Marisawright said:

Make sure you research how long AHPRA is taking, from what I've seen it takes several months.

Also, I was trying to find a post by one nurse who got an invite from one state, but shortly after, she was asked to provide her registration details - which she couldn't do by their deadline because AHPRA takes so long. So she didn't get her visa. I'm pretty sure it wasn't NSW but it's something to be aware of.  

Hi 

6 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

Would you share your occupation and points?

Hello guys , I’m also a registered nurse in the US and recently submitted my EOI with 75+5 . I haven’t yet started my APHRA registration and was planning to do so once I get nominated  for NSW  or is that a requirement for 190 for NSW . It’s a bit challenging to get the registration since they are requiring you to appear in Australia for that . Can anyone advise me pls .. also anyone has an idea of a timeline with my current scores ? 

Hello guys , I’m also a registered nurse in the US and recently submitted my EOI with 75+5 . I haven’t yet started my APHRA registration and was planning to do so once I get nominated  for NSW  or is that a requirement for 190 for NSW . It’s a bit challenging to get the registration since they are requiring you to appear in Australia for that . Can anyone advise me pls .. also anyone has an idea of a timeline with my current scores ? 

Hi guys,

I am planning to apply for 489 SI this October, as secondary school teacher. Although our occupations are different but I think our application to get nomination from RDA SI should be roughly the same. Please, could I get some of you advices on the writting the letter of commitment? I know that there is a sample letter on the RDA's website. Do I just need to fill in my personal information/paragraph on this sample letter? or Do I have to write a completely new letter?

Also, how long did it take for the RDA to process your nomination's application?