register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Flo03

TRN Nomination number incorrect on our 187 permanent residence visa

Hi,

We have been on a 3 year roller coaster ride with our visa’s. We were told many time by different people that we would not get our 187 TRT Nomination approved and that we were wasting our time.

Out of desperation last year (my husband was turning 50 in 6 days time, making this our last chance) we did the Nomination application and the 187 TRT permanent residence application ourselves, We finally had our 187 nomination approved 3 weeks ago, and we were so happy.

This morning we received a letter stating that the 187 TRT permanent residence visa is going to be denied as I have made an error on the application. I  entered the incorrect TRN Number for the related nomination. I in error put our 457 TRN and not the 187 nomination TRN. 

Please help, does anyone know anything about this, the letter says there is nothing we can do, we must withdraw the application or wait for it to be refused within the next 28 day... so sad right now.

This could be a fatal error for your visa application.

You can try and lodge an incorrect answer form and provide the correct TRN to see whether they will accept it. 

Unusually a change of TRN is not accepted, although it is usually associated with trying to attach the visa to a new nomination due to a refusal. 

As this was an honest mistake, they may accept it.

Some professional advice and a professionally written response to the natural justice letter may be wise.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."