A very long wait time for a visa processing *yawn*

Hi.

I lodged a skilled migration state visa subclass 190 on August 2017 against the points test requirement.

It's now March 2019 and I haven't received an approval yet, and the immiaccount tab shows that it is in Further Assessment.

Last time I received an email from Immi was sometime in October last year in regards to my medical history and some character considerations. Their formal advice letter was to remind me of the potential issues that can result in visa cancellation, although on this occasion they won't refuse my SN 190 visa and will continue to proceed with its processing.

I will try to contact the Immigration phone number tomorrow, but they are at most times unable to comment much as they see exactly what I see also and the history of the processing itself.

I don't know if it is a rare thing that they would accidentally forget to look at my application that has been waiting in a queue.

My friends have already received their approval in 8 months after lodging theirs. Some of them got theirs within 20 days a couple years back.

Does any one know what might be the case?

I had 65 pts and skilled assessment certified me as ICT Managers NEC.

ICT Managers NEC was a very scarce occupation as it was not available in any state except Canberra and Darwin under the SN 190 compatible occupation list.

My friends applied with 60 pts (including 5 from nomination state), and they got theirs fairly quick.

They lodged exactly the same time as me, and got theirs within 6 to 10 months.

33 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

I might be misreading as I only had a quick look but I don't think any EOI's with less than 70 points are making it to an invitation.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

Mate have a look at the dates. He applied year and half go, lots has been changed since then

On 04/03/2019 at 20:44, ImtiazM60 said:

Last time I received an email from Immi was sometime in October last year in regards to my medical history and some character considerations. Their formal advice letter was to remind me of the potential issues that can result in visa cancellation, although on this occasion they won't refuse my SN 190 visa and will continue to proceed with its processing.

This does not sound like the sort of communication which would come from the Department of Home Affairs.

If there are medical or character issues, the case may have been referred to the MOC or the Character Assessment Unit which will significantly increase the processing time.

On 06/03/2019 at 07:45, Raul Senise said:

This does not sound like the sort of communication which would come from the Department of Home Affairs.

If there are medical or character issues, the case may have been referred to the MOC or the Character Assessment Unit which will significantly increase the processing time.

Hi. 

Yes, it was referred to character consideration unit in Melbourne. 

Obviously, the character testing had been finalized by October upon having received that formal letter about the section 501 document.

I don't quite know how significant is 'significant' in relation to the wait time for visa processing. 😞

Is it another 8 to 10 months (sigh) after the character testing has been finalized? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/03/2019 at 07:45, Raul Senise said:

Hi Raul, do you have any idea of roughly how long the MOC processing time is at present, please?