Immigration Officer checking documents

djianb

Hi

when putting all my information forward for my 482 Visa and proving that I’m in a defacto relationship, does the immigration officer ring my letting agent for instance and double check that both people listed on the tenancy agreement are the two people on visa application.

Would they ring a utility provider to check that the information and 2 people listed on the bill are the 2 people on visa application.

just wondering how much detail they go into as we’ve not lived together 6 months but been in a relationship over a year but how the bills have been generated when changing the details it looks like we’ve lived together 6 months.

just don’t want it to look suss or come across like I’m trying to forge things.

thanks

That’s what I thought because doing that for every visa application would take way too long and I imagine they wouldn’t have the authority to obtain that information with account holder being present etc. 

Be interesting to see if anyone comments who’s experienced it or anyone who works within the immigration department 

7 hours ago, djianb said:

That’s what I thought because doing that for every visa application would take way too long and I imagine they wouldn’t have the authority to obtain that information with account holder being present etc. 

Be interesting to see if anyone comments who’s experienced it or anyone who works within the immigration department 

Immigration officers browse the forums but commenting would be more than their jobs are worth!

If there are suspicions about whether the documents are correct, calls may be made. Its that simple.