10 years today

PommiePaul66

Hi just like to say we have been here 10 years today me my wife and 4 kids.  Its been the best decision I've ever made in my life to come here.  I came here for the kids more than myself.  The y were 14 13 9 and  2 when we got here.  Eldest is working for a fire engineers as a jnr engineer  there paying for his studying.  Middle boy is a plaster and youngest  boy is doing a civil engineering degree. Katie has just started high school.  Wife works for queensland health.  I'm a boilermaker and iv worked all over Australia. Working on oil and gas projects.  I used poms in oz from 2007 to help me get my visa.  Australia 🇦🇺  has been very good for all of us.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 2

We've been in Perth for 27 years and love it just as much as when we first got here. Been good for us all. Eldest son has certainly made the most of the FIFO and travelling lifestyle. He's a sparkie and after working in Perth for a while to get experience he got a FIFO position, saved up and went travelling. He's carried on doing that for a few years now and has had some fantastic trips. 

He's over in Whistler Canada, snowboarding and has got his Canadian Electrical certification. So don't know what his plans will be next.

Time flies and it doesn't feel that long since we came.

• Like 4

We retired and moved to the Sunshine Coast 16 years ago on the 7th of February. Never regretted it, and the icing on the cake was our son and daughter decided to follow us and settle here as well.

life can turn out so unexpected. I came from a tiny family, basically my mother brother, me and a half uncle. No other family in UK.

My fathers cousin and family were in Africa, I met them in the mid 1960’s when I went to work in Zambia.

They moved to Australia 1980 plus other family members followed later.

Fast forward to now and I have  21 relations living here within 3 hours, from a one year old up. 

in Uk I only have our other son, wife and 2 grandsons. My brother is in Cyprus. I never dreamt I would have so many relations here, and we enjoy getting together.

i do understand that many people miss family and move back, but in My African families case, they have settled here and started  their own family, with 4 generations now here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1